PDA

View Full Version : Why couldn't Dick take a page out of Marty ball

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 01:54 PM
He should've stayed with JP until Trent was ready.

Kinda like what the chargers did with Brees and Rivers.

Now , Trent is made to look like an idiot with stupid playcalling and the team is divided. Nice.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Or for that matter, a page out of Marv Levy's own book. In the book, Marv talks a lot about the proper ways to develop a QB, and what was done with Trent would fall into the "how NOT to do it" category.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Or for that matter, a page out of Marv Levy's own book. In the book, Marv talks a lot about the proper ways to develop a QB, and what was done with Trent would fall into the "how NOT to do it" category.
Everything that's going on now goes against what Marv has done in the past. I think the reason for that is called Ralphy.

it's my opinion that Dick is covering up for that Ralphy decision and taking the blame for it.

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Only one way to learn to play. Can't coddle QBs.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Only one way to learn to play. Can't coddle QBs.

Bleh, Fairchild cuddled JP now he's doing the same with Trent. In the next couple of years will we'll be saying, "Trent still doesn't get it" or "Farichild should open up the playbook".

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Bleh, Fairchild cuddled JP now he's doing the same with Trent. In the next couple of years will we'll be saying, "Trent still doesn't get it" or "Farichild should open up the playbook".

Trent has a lot to improve, but he's equal to JP. At this point, I day develop him.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Trent has a lot to improve, but he's equal to JP. At this point, I day develop him.
he shouldn't be compared to JP. They are both different. Try comparing him to Holcomb. Holcombs ahead of the ballgame.

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
he shouldn't be compared to JP. They are both different. Try comparing him to Holcomb. Holcombs ahead of the ballgame.

There are probably a lot of intangibles that they are taking into consideration. Like smarts.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 02:40 PM
There are probably a lot of intangibles that they are taking into consideration. Like smarts.

Holcomb was smart. He even threw for 400 yards in a playoff game. Maybe someday Trent will be like Holcomb. :ill:

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Holcomb doesn't have the arm strength as Losman or Edwards.

I agree that there was no good time or way to make the change. All I know is it is apparent that Trent was in their future plans. He came in, and did ok. Why then go back and start next year with Trent with hardly any time under his belt. Losman's injury was a quick way for Trent to prove himself. And he did, IMO.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Holcomb doesn't have the arm strength as Losman or Edwards.. Your arm is useless if you don't use it. See Rob Johnson.

I agree that there was no good time or way to make the change. All I know is it is apparent that Trent was in their future plans. He came in, and did ok. Why then go back and start next year with Trent with hardly any time under his belt. Losman's injury was a quick way for Trent to prove himself. And he did, IMO.
Like I said, we could've stayed with JP and brin g in Trent when he was ready. The Chargers were high on Rivers too but didn't bring him in until thye knew he was ready or sure of him

Our coaches are high on Trent. What if Trent turns out to be a bust and he doesn't trun out to be like Rivers? The fans just got screwed into another few years of rebuilding.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Your arm is useless if you don't use it. See Rob Johnson.

Like I said, we could've stayed with JP and brin g in Trent when he was ready. The Chargers were high on Rivers too but didn't bring him in until thye knew he was ready or sure of him

Our coaches are high on Trent. What if Trent turns out to be a bust and he doesn't trun out to be like Rivers? The fans just got screwed into another few years of rebuilding.

Great point about what SD did. That's what I was originally hoping for after we drafted Edwards. People need to understand, I want Losman to start NOW because I think it's best for the Bills, Losman and Edwards. I do love the fact that we have two quality QB's on our roster, what a great problem to have. I want to see Trent get pro conditioning and more time to pick up the playbook.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Great point about what SD did. That's what I was originally hoping for after we drafted Edwards. People need to understand, I want Losman to start NOW because I think it's best for the Bills, Losman and Edwards. I do love the fact that we have two quality QB's on our roster, what a great problem to have. I want to see Trent get pro conditioning and more time to pick up the playbook.

they rushed Trent and now Trent in injured. You also have a divided lockerroom. It's not Trents fault. I blame the FO.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Your arm is useless if you don't use it. See Rob Johnson.

So are your feet. See JP Losman.

acehole
10-29-2007, 07:18 PM
He should've stayed with JP until Trent was ready.

Kinda like what the chargers did with Brees and Rivers.

Now , Trent is made to look like an idiot with stupid playcalling and the team is divided. Nice.

I dont agree with this. JP got hurt..trent was # 2. The only mistake he made...and possibly in hind sight did it as a motivator...was to say (Even if not true) JP is not ready to come back from his injury yet and Trent will contiune to take the first team snaps. That would have hedged his bets a bit better. He did it for the first game...should have continued like that....until JP was ready to play....it would have been easier to pull JP for Trent if JP came in and stunk up the place....now it is the other way around....

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 07:55 AM
So are your feet. See JP Losman.
who's talking about mobility? Still can't keep up?

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 07:56 AM
And lose in the play-offs every year?