X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

My Dilema

For years, I have always gone to the Bills games with my Father. He doesnt really talegate or yell or scream at the games. He loves them very much, but is non-emotional.

I have done this since I was a kid.

Since being on this board, and growing up a bit, I feel like I am not getting the whole effect of the game spirit when I sit and tailgate with him.

I want to experience the yelling at the top of my lungs, the harrassing the oposing team, and the serious partying of Tailgate parties with you guys.

So my dilema is, how do I do this to my father?

BTW, as real as this problem is to me, I am not looking for sympathy.
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Time to cut the apron strings.

JK, Pride, bring him along to the Tailgates, and see how he likes it. Perhaps he really is a party animal, but is acting reserved in front of his off spring.

Yell, jump, scream, shout, have fun and let loose with him there. If he doesn't like your behavior, perhaps it then will be time to go seperately. I'm sure he has other friends he can go to the games with.

Unless he's been buying the tickets all this time.

Just don't go running naked across the field.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

He buys them initially (I pay him back later), because he gets preferred seating since he is a 15 year season ticket holder. But he always picks them in his section. and that section is BORING LOL.

I have tried to invite him to "our" parties before, he isnt interested, and I always feel bad leaving him alone by the car.

Anyway, I guess I will have to split time or something.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Pride Pride's dad

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Maybe, just maybe!

Comment

• Herdwatcher
            One out of many
            • Jul 2002

Re: My Dilema

Originally posted by Pride
            For years, I have always gone to the Bills games with my Father. He doesnt really talegate or yell or scream at the games. He loves them very much, but is non-emotional.

I have done this since I was a kid.

Since being on this board, and growing up a bit, I feel like I am not getting the whole effect of the game spirit when I sit and tailgate with him.

I want to experience the yelling at the top of my lungs, the harrassing the oposing team, and the serious partying of Tailgate parties with you guys.

So my dilema is, how do I do this to my father?

BTW, as real as this problem is to me, I am not looking for sympathy.

get him and yourself over to a BillsZone tailgate party.
            Or find the red pinto with Kenny at the helm. either way I'm sure both of you will have the time of your football lives! Who knows, your dad maybe a party animal just waiting to unleash!
            Party hard Garth!
            Pounding the world like a battering-ram!

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

If I could get to games, Pride, I'd take your place. I'm a 51 year old teatotaler who likes the game for the game's sake. Not that I don't like most of the guys on the board, but I'm not a loud party animal. Your dad and I ought to get along fine with each other. LOL
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Just poke him with a needle everytime it's time to shout! It's works for me. My ex who hated the game usually ended up in the upper stands. Everyone though she was overly excited.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BFBills
                  "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
                  • Oct 2002

lol
                  "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla admin
                    • Jul 2002

Perhaps he has a friend who may enjoy tagging along to the games? Then you could do your own thing without feeling guilty about it.

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
                      You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
                      • Jul 2002

Spike his soda and cigar. Before you know it he'll be telling everybody to turn up the music, and for somebody to get him a shot of whiskey.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Just split the season. If you want to see 4 games, go with your Dad twice and party with the gang the other two. Maybe make a quick stop by the tailgate party when you are with your Dad just to see if he likes it. He may just surprise you and enjoy the hell out of it

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

My father is the same way Pride... All I did was make sure we partied with some people he could relate too... it seemed to loosen him up to really get kicking during the game.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Billz_fan
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                            Just don't go running naked across the field.
                            why not ?

there is nothing better at the game then watching some nut get beat senseless by the security people
                            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Voltron
                              • Jul 2002

Pride,
                              My Dad is the same way. I just don't care :) I Yell, Scream, Curse (I really do check to make sure there isn't a family around before this). Some people just like to watch football and some like to be the 13th man!
                              Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                              - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                              -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                              - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X