PDA

View Full Version : A little reality

Bruce is Loose
10-29-2007, 02:21 PM
JP was everyones favorite after last year: 90+ percent on this board backed him. I remember posting how nice it was not to have any offseason QB controversy and getting many amens.

JP had two bad games - everyone who gives this three starts crap is trying to bend stats since he had two plays against NE. One was against Denver, who although the team looks bad they have what is statistically the best pass D in the leauge. The other was against Pittsburgh who is the best overall D in the leauge. His stats were subpar and unimpressive, although his mistakes are not what lost us those games.

Trent came in early against NE and did well on one drive while they acclimated to the new QB. Then he was stagnant the rest of the game. He did OK against the Jets the first time, and then really hasnt done much against the other teams we played. There is certainly something to be said about his poise and short passing and he could very well develop into a good/great QB in this leauge just as Brady and many others have given time.

JP had a few good passes coming in against the Jets. That was a nice throw against the wind where he clearly demonstrated his rapport with Evans, and an even nicer catch. We need to see a complete game from him before making any real decision, but he certainly has the long ball, which alone kept our offense away from completely pitiful last year.

Our team has a better chance to win now with JP, as he provides the possibility to win games, where as Trent is really only helping us not lose. Games against good teams or when our D is not spectacular will require more than just "not losing". We have to hope that given another game or two he will show the consistancy he was getting by the end of last year.

Clearly the win now reasoning is why the vets like him. This is not new as you may remember a few years ago a similar situation with Moulds, Fletcher, etc. Evans is in a pay year and does not take plays off for Trent - people are upset because they think he could have made more of an effort on the ball Trent threw him that got picked in the endzone but he had momentum that would not allow him to come back once he saw the ball.

We have a lot of promising young talent on the D, and with Lynch and a more solid O line than is years past, we do have the potential to develop into a solid team overall. QB is still a question mark that needs to be answered. We will almost certainly not draft a QB early next year, so its either gonna be one of these guys, a high priced free agent (who is the last FA QB to really make a huge impact other than Brees?), or wait another 4 years while we develop one.

I hope that they are both great. I hope JP gets the nod while TE is recovering and that he shows the consistancy he needs. I hope that TE continues to develop and get comfortable. We are not going to win this year with all likelyhood so why not give JP a little more time. Were those two bad games really enough to write him off for good?

shelby
10-29-2007, 02:27 PM
:goodpost:

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Sad to say, JP is DONE! The only way you keep him is if you extend his contract . His play however hasn't justified an extention thanks to the coaches. I doubt JP trusts this organization anymore that screwed him over from day one.

Lee is next. He won't accept anything less than a contract that makes him highest paid player in bills history. You think Ralphy will dish out that contract?
He's also gonna make sure he signs a cntract that doesn't allow the bills to screw up the rest of career the way JP was screwed from day one. His mentors ( Moulds) career was screwed by the qb musical chairs and Lee witnessed that too first hand.

Lee is a first hand witness that hardwork and dedication gets screwed by good ol Ralphy.