PDA

View Full Version : You ended the Pennington era

NJFINSFAN1
10-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, you guys ended the Pennington era with a good game, your team is really surprising me with the way the are playing with all the injuries. Hats off to your team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3085552&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Now I hope we can start the John Beck era in two weeks against you guys!:bad:

LtFinFan66
10-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Like I said, if Beck doesn't start after the bye, I am done watching the Fins for this year

eyedog
10-29-2007, 03:05 PM
The Jets should thank us.

NJFINSFAN1
10-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Like I said, if Beck doesn't start after the bye, I am done watching the Fins for this year

He has too, Lemon handed the Giants that game on a silver platter!

How hurt is Edwards?

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Maybe we should trade JP for Chad and Coles for Evans.

NJFINSFAN1
10-29-2007, 03:09 PM

I think the Jet fans would jump on that!

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:10 PM

Some fans here would jump at that too. JP is a bust and Evans is a cancer. That combination shouldn't scare some fans here or does it?

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe we'll end the Brady era too.

:ill:

NJFINSFAN1
10-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Evan's always kills us, so I think you should trade him!http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy014.gif

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 03:13 PM

JP on another team in our division scares me. He might be a really good fit in NY.

I think JP could excel on the right team.

NJFINSFAN1
10-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Maybe we'll end the Brady era too.

:ill:

best pick I ever made, was taking Brady in the 1st round of my fantasy draft.

But I would not be upset if you took him out!

djjimkelly
10-29-2007, 03:14 PM

i talk to a fins fan on a regular basis and i feel for u guys. i dont see what the point of not playing beck. he actually already has stopped watching till the beck era begins.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 03:15 PM

Everything I've read basically says he's just not ready and has looked terrible in practice. It was mentioned on either ESPN or CBS again yesterday during the pre-game.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:17 PM
JP on another team in our division scares me. He might be a really good fit in NY.

Na, TDUMMY , Saburz and co. would love to face JP and Evans twice a year. What are they gonna do against us, go deep?

LtFinFan66
10-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I'd like a link if you have it Hurricane because i haven't heard anything since preseason

NJFINSFAN1
10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Everything I've read basically says he's just not ready and has looked terrible in practice. It was mentioned on either ESPN or CBS again yesterday during the pre-game.

Maybe so, but Lemon is not setting the NFL on fire either, and the O-line is doing fine and we still have a running game. And if we are going to have the first pick in the draft, or top 5, we need to know if he can play. What's the worse that can happen, we lose???http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/sad010.gif

NJFINSFAN1
10-29-2007, 03:19 PM
I'd like a link if you have it Hurricane because i haven't heard anything since preseason

I have heard it mentioned on some shows, but nothing from Miami.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Evan's always kills us, so I think you should trade him!http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy014.gif
JP to Evans owns the fins.

Historian
10-29-2007, 03:29 PM
We ended the Shula era too, if you recall.

:squish:

Mad Bomber
10-29-2007, 03:31 PM
They need to go to Beck. Lemon is not the future, and this season is over. Get the kid some experience. What do they have to lose?

NJFINSFAN1
10-29-2007, 03:33 PM
They need to go to Beck. Lemon is not the future, and this season is over. Get the kid some experience. What do they have to lose?

I totally agree, were in Jet/Giant land are you, I'm smack in the middle also.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 03:35 PM

I think every news outlet has him starting against the Bills after the bye so it should at least be entertaining.

BillsOverDolphins
10-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I hope not...I've rather enjoyed that era

LtFinFan66
10-29-2007, 05:16 PM
We ended the Shula era too, if you recall.

:squish:Comparing the Shula era to the Pennington era :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

acehole
10-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Should I thank the Jets for Ending the Edwards Era?

Well, you guys ended the Pennington era with a good game, your team is really surprising me with the way the are playing with all the injuries. Hats off to your team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3085552&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Now I hope we can start the John Beck era in two weeks against you guys!:bad:

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2007, 05:34 PM

I seem to remember people saying that about RJ and Dredsoe, i.e., if they only had the right OL, WRs, RBs, system, etc. I dunno but I just really don't see JP making it in this league as a starter. His "football smarts" just aren't there. JMO.

acehole
10-29-2007, 05:43 PM
I seem to remember people saying that about RJ and Dredsoe, i.e., if they only had the right OL, WRs, RBs, system, etc. I dunno but I just really don't see JP making it in this league as a starter. His "football smarts" just aren't there. JMO.

On this topic Dan Moreno and Joe Montanna, Joe namath were not rocket scientists...they were greats as I remember.....

And by the way if you dont think OL quality RB and WR's Te make a difference to a qb you are lacking smarts yourself.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 05:49 PM

The Clemens era looks so much better. :rolleyes:

Oaf
10-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Trent for Coles? :scratch:

Now before you click that Groan icon, note that it's more of props for Coles than a diss for Edwards. Coles and Evans would be a sick tandem. :drool:

tampabay25690
10-30-2007, 07:18 AM

Evans is a cancer because he thinks JP should be the starter???? Im a cancer too then, becasue I think JP should be the starter

don137
10-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Pennington ended Pennington's era. Buffalo only helped push it along. If he did his job he would still be starting. Pennington is nothing more than a journeyman and is much better suited as the #2 guy then the #1 guy.

NJFINSFAN1
10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Pennington ended Pennington's era. Buffalo only helped push it along. If he did his job he would still be starting. Pennington is nothing more than a journeyman and is much better suited as the #2 guy then the #1 guy.

Well that Journeyman has killed us!

eyedog
10-30-2007, 02:34 PM

I agree 100%. I've been saying the same thing for years. He is just to limited in what he can do and really makes it difficult on an offense. It is tough to drive 80 yds. in the NFL when you can't throw more than 10 yds. down field. You get a couple of those drives a game, and you had better get in the endzone. You don't generate a lot of points.

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Evans is a cancer because he thinks JP should be the starter???? Im a cancer too then, becasue I think JP should be the starter
Evans is malignant. I'm not sure if you are.