PDA

View Full Version : Mike Schopp and the Bulldog = Douchebags

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2007, 04:14 PM
It is obvious they have it out for Losman for some reason. They are now insinuating that Evans intentionally dogs it when Edwards is in the game. Schopp always points to JP's poor interviews as some indicator of his intelligence and ability to run an offense meanwhile the Bulldog cannot put together even one statement without AH MM OA AAH MM. Sounds like the guy has a sausage in his mouth at all times.

I get that they like Edwards better and I honestly have no problems with that. I like him too but this outward hate towards Losman just doesn't seem warranted. Its like they are intentionally starting a contraversy. Are ratings down? :idunno:

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 04:14 PM
They are just being honest.

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2007, 04:19 PM
No they are not at all actually.

venis2k1
10-29-2007, 04:21 PM
anyway you cut it, training camp is gonna be exciting next year.

mybills
10-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Thurm, if you could find out who they guessed Bills would pick in the draft, I bet it was Trent Edwards. It's either that, or they have him in their fantasy league. :dizzy:

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm a Trent Truster and I don't think these dbs need to rag on JP.

Not for nothing, but Buffalo sports talk radio is horrible. I cringe when I listen when I'm in town.

mybills
10-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Speaking of interviews, did anyone notice that Trent almost lost his chewing gum? :chuckle:

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Speaking of interviews, did anyone notice that Trent almost lost his chewing gum? :chuckle:

no.

JJamezz
10-29-2007, 04:28 PM
meanwhile the Bulldog cannot put together even one statement without AH MM OA AAH MM.

:rofl: So true.

Mr. Pink
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Controvery creates Ratings.

So it's easy to see why they start controversial topics to keep people tuned in to the station and get some good callers out of the debate.

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2007, 04:30 PM

Does it?

patmoran2006
10-29-2007, 04:31 PM
I dont mind the Bulldog but Schoop is a TOTAL dueche-rag...

You cant make a point on the phone with him, if he disagrees, he will cut you off say "thanks for your call" and go over his point.. AGAIN. He's on the radio and he talks down on half his callers like he's better than them.. He's a terrible radio host.

Mr. Pink
10-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Does it?

To answer this, just look at how Howard Stern and Opie and Anthony are still on the air. And they're douchebags too.

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2007, 04:35 PM
To answer this, just look at how Howard Stern and Opie and Anthony are still on the air. And they're douchebags too.

Are they?

mybills
10-29-2007, 04:38 PM
They are.

Meathead
10-29-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm a Trent Truss
fixed

HiHat31
10-29-2007, 04:50 PM
It's simple - they are afraid to change their minds.

They anointed Trent as the future 4 weeks ago. And now, no matter how much their eyes deceive them, they WILL NOT change their minds.

Anybody with football sense knows this is JP's team. He's a Captain, and the starting QB. We know it, the team knows it, and THEY know it.

But, because somehow flip-flopping is considered a bad thing in our society, they HAVE to stick with backing Trent, and dog JP whenever they can, in order to support their unsupportable position.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

shelby
10-29-2007, 05:08 PM
They are now insinuating that Evans intentionally dogs it when Edwards is in the game.

Funny, i read the same thing on the boards today.:scratch:

Jimbuktu
10-29-2007, 05:09 PM
That's a great quote!

RockStar36
10-29-2007, 05:11 PM

So it's easy to see why they start controversial topics to keep people tuned in to the station and get some good callers out of the debate.

Not always.

In the case of WGR they lose listenters daily with this crap. I used to listen to WGR all the time before and after games, now I rarely do. Maybe sometimes in the morning because Howard and Jeremy are ok, but I almost never listen in the afternoon unless I'm looking for a migraine.

If these two idiots ever surf the boards....YOU GUYS SUCK. Quote me on it you idiots. I can't stand either one of you.

kinigirly
10-29-2007, 05:15 PM
shredd and regan was on in the office today. they were listening to all the callers "suddenly jump on the jp bandwagon" they were dumbfounded and insisted that everyone must have been drunk when they called in last nite. it was funny, but it wasn't nice

RockStar36
10-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Is every NFL city like Buffalo?

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 06:03 PM
They are just being honest.

So are Evans, Whitner and Royals.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 06:04 PM
So are Evans, Whitner and Royals.

It's the Media's job to run their mouths. It's the players jobs to shut up and play.

You don't see anyone on NE running their mouths.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 06:07 PM
You don't see anyone on NE running their mouths.they have a real coach and owner that puts them in situations to succeed while it seems we have an owner that screws it's players over.

We have idiots putting players in bad situations. Evans , Royals and Whitner are just trying to win now. They are honest peeps.

billsburgh
10-29-2007, 06:26 PM
I get that they like Edwards better and I honestly have no problems with that. I like him too but this outward hate towards Losman just doesn't seem warranted. Its like they are intentionally starting a contraversy. Are ratings down? :idunno:
you could say that about many posters here.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 06:29 PM
you could say that about many posters here.
:10:

Neither trent nor Losman are the enemy.

billsburgh
10-29-2007, 06:31 PM
:10:

Neither trent nor Losman are the enemy.
exactly, they're both Bills. I've never understood the personal hatred spewed by some on here towards Bills players.

shelby
10-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Agreed.

Bill Brasky
10-29-2007, 07:26 PM
i think schoop is one of the worst 'hosts' i've ever heard on radio, across any format.

i don't mind the morning show, for the most part. at least you can try and talk to those guys without getting hung up on for disagreeing with the know-it-all behind the mic.

djjimkelly
10-29-2007, 08:57 PM
we should start a fire schopp web page. becuz he is a true ass with no real knowledge. hes the guy who always pulls out stats.

i phoned yesterday and started with the stats. and he called me an expert lol not in a good way. anyway im more of an expert then him

and to add to shelbys and justas thoughts neither losman or trent are the enemy i agree 10000% but ill go with the talent

Novacane
10-29-2007, 09:59 PM
It is obvious they have it out for Losman for some reason. They are now insinuating that Evans intentionally dogs it when Edwards is in the game. :

He admited on his own show he could have tried harder on Edwards interception in the home Jets game. He gave a great effort yesterday on a poorly thrown ball from JP. It's a fair argument to make. May not be correct but it's a possibility.

TigerJ
10-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I dont mind the Bulldog but Schoop is a TOTAL dueche-rag...

You cant make a point on the phone with him, if he disagrees, he will cut you off say "thanks for your call" and go over his point.. AGAIN. He's on the radio and he talks down on half his callers like he's better than them.. He's a terrible radio host.

Schoop is a bit of a legend in his own mind.

Novacane
10-29-2007, 10:02 PM
and to add to shelbys and justas thoughts neither losman or trent are the enemy i agree 10000%

You post that with an anti-Edwards sig right under it. What a freakin joke :rolleyes:

djjimkelly
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
You post that with an anti-Edwards sig right under it. What a freakin joke :rolleyes:

its not anti edwards. i love him as a backup. and that isnt a curse. a solid guy who come in and not look lost if JP gets hurt im cool with him in that role.

as the starter i do have issues with him. that dont mean i dont like the guy for what i think he should be.

bills&sabresmvf
10-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Shoop is ridiculous, it really is sad to listen to him, it seems like he's having a bad day and the next is even worse everytime I turn on wgr. I like bulldog, but he's got his balls in the hands of Shoop and everytime he has a point, Shoop puts a heavy squeeze on. I don't mind the morning show of Howard and Jeremy. Bottom line, let the callers give their opinion, comment on it and don't be a d*ck. Those people that call in aren't all experts, they listen and want to give their opinion, don't bash 'em.

Ingtar33
10-30-2007, 12:00 AM
this is how jeff blake had a starting job for 8-12 years.

he always showed enough to make you forget why you don't like him, and usually it was because of a beautiful deep ball.

JP still hasn't proved to me he's more then jeff blake.

Night Train
10-30-2007, 04:22 AM
Sport talk radio is 99 % hype/garbage to stir the pot and grab ratings.

Click. Now it's off. Was that hard ?

THATHURMANATOR
10-30-2007, 06:55 AM
this is how jeff blake had a starting job for 8-12 years.

he always showed enough to make you forget why you don't like him, and usually it was because of a beautiful deep ball.

JP still hasn't proved to me he's more then jeff blake.
Oh I get this point and will not be pissed at all if they go back to Edwards. Just can't stand Schop's know it all attitude. He is a douche

chernobylwraiths
10-30-2007, 07:13 AM
Schopp has always been about "being more intelligent". He comes across as pretty arrogant many times, but funny in others. I wonder how he dealt with having to split time with "the coach" when he first got there after bashing him on his other show. Anyway, Schopp hates football, he says it almost daily. Bulldog is more of a fan and changes his opinions sometimes like many people change their underwear. I like their show, but it is sometimes irritating to hear Schopp berate callers. Funny thing is, Schopp was blasting the Bills for wasting a third round pick on a QB when it wasn't a need.
As for Howard and Jeremy, it is also a fairly entertaining show. I side with Howard on a lot of issues, but Jeremy has an uncanny ability to take any issue that is contrary to how he feels and twist people's words around so they mean almost completely the opposite of what they said. I know it drives Jerry Sullivan nuts sometimes and he hangs up on them. I've emailed the show a few times and had some of them read on the air and some of them Jeremy replies to, so he at least is a stand up guy.

don137
10-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Schopp is very annoying to listen to. I truly think that he loves sports and loves his job but hates Buffalo sports and think 99% of Buffalo fans are inferior to him which is why he talks down to them.
WGR probably loves the controversy he creates by not being a homer. Problem is that he turns many people away from the radio and only the Buffalo sports fan that can stomach him will listen to him because they are die hard Buffalo sports fan and will endure him just to hear talk about Buffalo sports.

There obviously is a market for know it all sports announcers/ talk show hosts because there is a lot of them....Bryant Gumbel, Randy Cross, Joe Theismann, Johnny Miller, etc.