PDA

View Full Version : Ralph, as the owner, needs to step up

trapezeus
10-29-2007, 04:30 PM
obviously the discontent in the locker-room is out there. And an owner in any industry would be best served to address it.

Here's what i would do if i was ralph;
explain myself. I'd say, "i'm not cheap. i want to win. i've selected coaches help us win. i trust their judgement. they've made those judgements about players. i respect that. i also respect that you all will have different opinions. all i ask is that you air those to the coaches, the GM and to me. there is nothing gained by discussing this with the media. additionally, we need all 53 players on this team. i have no problem paying anyone and i know the rumors about me. you win games, you prove yourself on that field, i'll take care of you. ask anyone on those 90's teams. i never pinched a penny. none of those guys held out or didn't give their all."

i think when management comes of as inept in any industry, the biggest mistake they make is by not clearing the air. the QB controversy isn't a big deal yet. if ralph can just grab this by the horns early, this developing team will be more cohesive in the long term. left unchecked, it could get ugly and unmanageable.

patmoran2006
10-29-2007, 04:33 PM
This offseason will be the most important since our run of Super Bowl appearances.

We have all the cap room we need. .We're 99% certain to save even more by not extending Losman.. We have PLENTY of young talent to form a core; it's about Wilson going out and getting a couple of key, and by key I dont mean Larry Tripplett and Langston Walker's; vets in free agency that will bring more ability and leadership to the team.

There is absolutely 100% no excuses anymore.. Next year will be this staff's THIRD consecutive season together; and unfortunately, with the exception of McNally, who I think will be canned; everybody is going to be back, including Fairchild and yes, Jauron.

Meathead
10-29-2007, 04:38 PM
edwards is so good he should be the gm and decide which qb is the franchise

mybills
10-29-2007, 04:41 PM
there is nothing gained by discussing this with the media.
Then tell the media to stop asking stupid questions.

The Answer
10-29-2007, 04:51 PM
This offseason will be the most important since our run of Super Bowl appearances.

We have all the cap room we need. .We're 99% certain to save even more by not extending Losman.. We have PLENTY of young talent to form a core; it's about Wilson going out and getting a couple of key, and by key I dont mean Larry Tripplett and Langston Walker's; vets in free agency that will bring more ability and leadership to the team.

There is absolutely 100% no excuses anymore.. Next year will be this staff's THIRD consecutive season together; and unfortunately, with the exception of McNally, who I think will be canned; everybody is going to be back, including Fairchild and yes, Jauron.

Never going to happen - Dockery was the big signing for this decade and with the new salary cap making the paychecks even fatter for mediorce players (i.e. Nate Clements) there's no way we are going to have a chance to sign a big name like Lance Briggs or Asante Samuel this offseason.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 06:34 PM
I think it's best if the owner steps down instead of up.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 06:44 PM
I think it's best if the owner steps down instead of up.

His next step is 6 feet down.

gr8slayer
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Wilson has been needing to step it up for damn near forty years now. This isn't news.