• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Who Trent Edwards reminds me of

I was talking with a family friend yesterday, so I cant say I came up with the comparison myself. But after digesting it for a bit, I came to the conclusion that I agree.

I don't know why, it's actually kinda stupid, but we always like to compare our guys to other guys. With Lynch you hear Stephen Jackson a lot, or maybe Lee EVans to Reggie Wayne.

With Trent Edwards, a good comparison IMO is to a younger Phil Simms. Simms had a good arm but not among the league's best. HE sure as hell wasn't all that mobile. In fact, he had rock feet. I see some of that in Edwards already.

But Simms has some tremendous assets and I think I see at least glimpses of it in Edwards. Simms had a really quick release. He was ridiculously accurate (anyone remember their Super bowl win). He was poised as hell and most importantly, he was a tremendous THINKER behind center. I think that these are all traits Edwards has shown glimpses of and with some devlopment and a couple of better weapons around him we'll see a lot more of.

He'll never be confused with a great HOF QB, but I'll take a Phil Simms for the next decade any day of the week. AT least with a QB like that, though boring at times, he's going to force you 9 times out of 10 to beat you, and won't beat himself.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Who Trent Edwards reminds me of

Edwards has potential. i'm not prepared to compare him to anyone yet, because i haven't seen enough of him. It will be interesting watching him develop.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Pat, you may not be too far off. The potential is there and if the surrounding cast is strong enough, we'll have a winning team. Right now we are having trouble scoring which means that we have to find a better formula that works each and every week for us to score. The Defense has gotten noticably better and the offense which was supposed to be our strength has been lacking at best. Our special teams though mediocre yesterday is great, we expect more from them week in and week out.

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

Grossman from the Bears.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Simms will be nice comparison if Trent does improve.

Right now Trent reminds me of a slightly better version of Todd Collins.

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

JP reminds me a lot of Kyle Boller.

All the physical tools but just doesn't get it.
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

Ravens' Trent Dilfer
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Crisis
                JP reminds me a lot of Kyle Boller.

All the physical tools but just doesn't get it.
                Edwards reminds me of Pennington, gets it but doesn't have the physical tools.

Comment

• Jaybird
                  • Dec 2005

if he's lime simms i dont want him

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

I got ripped for trynig to compare TE with another QB...good luck Pat and don't forget to put your hard hat on.
                    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                      • Feb 2005

everyone was comparing JP with a young Farve for a while and look how that turned out
                      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        I was talking with a family friend yesterday, so I cant say I came up with the comparison myself. But after digesting it for a bit, I came to the conclusion that I agree.

I don't know why, it's actually kinda stupid, but we always like to compare our guys to other guys. With Lynch you hear Stephen Jackson a lot, or maybe Lee EVans to Reggie Wayne.

With Trent Edwards, a good comparison IMO is to a younger Phil Simms. Simms had a good arm but not among the league's best. HE sure as hell wasn't all that mobile. In fact, he had rock feet. I see some of that in Edwards already.

But Simms has some tremendous assets and I think I see at least glimpses of it in Edwards. Simms had a really quick release. He was ridiculously accurate (anyone remember their Super bowl win). He was poised as hell and most importantly, he was a tremendous THINKER behind center. I think that these are all traits Edwards has shown glimpses of and with some devlopment and a couple of better weapons around him we'll see a lot more of.

He'll never be confused with a great HOF QB, but I'll take a Phil Simms for the next decade any day of the week. AT least with a QB like that, though boring at times, he's going to force you 9 times out of 10 to beat you, and won't beat himself.
                        The national media types have been lining up for either Losman or Edwards. Ironically, Phil Simms is one of the minority who is dissing Edwards and touting Losman as the better choice for the Bills.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          Edwards reminds me of Pennington, gets it but doesn't have the physical tools.
                          I've never seen Pennington throw 50 yards in the air.
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                            I've never seen Pennington throw 50 yards in the air.
                            edwards has never thrown a good pass that far either.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• bills_7
                              TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by im4bflo
                              Grossman from the Bears.
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X