PDA

View Full Version : Unbalanced Line

Dr. Lecter
10-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Did anybody else see the Bills in an unbalanced line in the 1st quarter?

Interesting I thought. Something a bit different.

YardRat
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
The announcers made note of it during one of Lynch's runs. Nice little change of pace to attempt to throw the defense off...gives other teams something to think about when they're disecting film for a defensive gameplan.

alohabillsfan
10-30-2007, 07:09 AM
I noticed earlier in that series I believe but the Bills had this line-up

Peters Walker Dockery Fowler Butler Gaines (then Ran right for no gain)

chernobylwraiths
10-30-2007, 07:17 AM
I noticed earlier in that series I believe but the Bills had this line-up

Peters Walker Dockery Fowler Butler Gaines (then Ran right for no gain)

I was wondering what the hell they were doing? I imagine that they had to report to the field as playing a different position (Gaines, a non registered number playing tackle and Peters the same playing TE). I tried to ask a few people where we were if anybody else so it but they didn't. The only reason I saw it was because the announcers were talking about Walker number 68 and then he lined up on the wrong side of the ball.

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 07:37 AM
I was wondering what the hell they were doing? I imagine that they had to report to the field as playing a different position (Gaines, a non registered number playing tackle and Peters the same playing TE). I tried to ask a few people where we were if anybody else so it but they didn't. The only reason I saw it was because the announcers were talking about Walker number 68 and then he lined up on the wrong side of the ball.

As long Gaines was the last man on the line and Peters was covered by an eligible receiver, nobody would have to report.