PDA

View Full Version : Favre is the best. Period.

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Arm.

Knowledge.

Fire.

Class.

And I mean the best *now*, not just all time. Manning is of course amazing as well but I have to give the nod to Favre.

And Brady can't hold his jock. Sorry.

BillsOverDolphins
10-29-2007, 10:41 PM
he's still a little reckless but damn what a beautiful bomb that was

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2007, 10:43 PM
And don't forget - he hasn't had a 100+ yard runner since Green, and other than Driver, his WRs as plain vanilla. No Harrisons, Mosses or TOs on his team.

MTBillsFan
10-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Straight up, one of the best throws all year, if not the best. Even if I just lost in Fantasy Football by one f'n point...!

Ebenezer
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
way better than Marino.

Mr. Miyagi
10-29-2007, 11:06 PM
:hail: St. Brett

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2007, 11:12 PM
way better than Marino.

Marino was great, no doubt. And did it w/o a running game. But I'm talking about active QBs - seriously - other than Manning, who is better right now? Brady is the product of a great system and I just don't buy into the hype.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-29-2007, 11:14 PM
I Dunno Mr. C-- Brady's trown 8000000 TDs this year :(

billser
10-29-2007, 11:35 PM
AGREED! Favre is just too old school, i dont think ANYONE dislikes him

CuseJetsFan83
10-30-2007, 01:40 AM
favre is so respected by players in the league, except for some reason marino hates him (maybe because marino is bitter)

brady is a product of right place, right time

manning has alot of weapons and last year they came into fruition

TacklingDummy
10-30-2007, 01:51 AM
I'd take 3 more years of Favre over what we have at QB anyday.

Billz_fan
10-30-2007, 02:13 AM
I think Brett is the best. Not only is he one of the best ever if not the best. He is one of the most likeable people you could come across.

He is an icon plain and simple.

Slim
10-30-2007, 02:19 AM
I think Brett is the best. Not only is he one of the best ever if not the best. He is one of the most likeable people you could come across.

He is an icon plain and simple.

Seriously. And at least he's acts like a man on and off the field. And he doesnt wear gay ass hats to his postgame confrence.

LtFinFan66
10-30-2007, 03:06 AM
favre is so respected by players in the league, except for some reason marino hates him (maybe because marino is bitter)

brady is a product of right place, right time

manning has alot of weapons and last year they came into fruitionLink to where it was said Marino hates Farve??

Romes
10-30-2007, 03:29 AM
Link to where it was said Marino hates Farve??

"Join me in saluting Brett Favre for breaking the all-time interception record of 277 set by George Blanda—truly a milestone for the ages," Marino intoned during the opening montage, which featured Favre throwing some of his most memorable picks. "Some say records were made to be broken—personally, I've never believed that—but in any case the career interception mark was believed to be unreachable. It takes a player with an unusual combination of not knowing when to retire, not knowing when to stop trying to rack up the completions, and not knowing when to stop trying to throw touchdowns. And it seems that lucky player is everyone's big hero quarterback, Brett Favre."

:snicker:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/dan_marino_hosts_hour_long_hbo

:ontome:

CuseJetsFan83
10-30-2007, 04:14 AM
Link to where it was said Marino hates Farve??

he would never admit it to a camera or a reporter, but he's made it just about obvious in his comments during the CBS telecasts.

face it dan, you were a good qb from the pittsburgh area, but you couldn't win the big one..... brett won 2, and god knows if holmgren would have stayed if they would've won any more.

peyton used to be able to be the "next marino" but he has shown he can win it.

Night Train
10-30-2007, 04:29 AM
Way better than Marino. You've got to be kidding me.

Sorry youngsters but I was already a college grad and working when Marino made his debut against the Bills in 1983. I can't stand the Fins but Marino looked sensational from game 1 of his career. I didn't need to read about it.I never to this day saw a QB that good that fast.

In his first full season as QB in 1984, he threw 48 TD's without any RB or Defense to support him. That was the greatest season I ever saw a QB play, until Brady this season.

The Bills had far better teams during our 1988-1994 glory years but Marino was never a slouch.

Better than Marino. Good grief. Keep perpetuating the hysteria.

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2007, 05:52 AM
I agree with you Cynical, but Favre did have some pretty damn good WRs in his hay day. Sterling Sharpe would've been one of the best ever had he not had that back/neck injury. The other WRs name escapes me right now, but there was 2 1000 yard guys on the Packers, I thought.

EDS
10-30-2007, 06:28 AM
I agree with you Cynical, but Favre did have some pretty damn good WRs in his hay day. Sterling Sharpe would've been one of the best ever had he not had that back/neck injury. The other WRs name escapes me right now, but there was 2 1000 yard guys on the Packers, I thought.

Robert Brooks?

Kerr
10-30-2007, 06:30 AM
The best? Don't think so.

Carlton Bailey
10-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Brady can't hold his jock? Hilarious.

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 12:34 PM
he would never admit it to a camera or a reporter, but he's made it just about obvious in his comments during the CBS telecasts.

face it dan, you were a good qb from the pittsburgh area, but you couldn't win the big one..... brett won 2, and god knows if holmgren would have stayed if they would've won any more.

peyton used to be able to be the "next marino" but he has shown he can win it.
Favre has one ring...he lost to the Broncos in the SB the following year. Still, one of the best--that franchise would've been irrelevant the past 15 years without him