PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson

Ingtar33
10-30-2007, 12:32 AM
the Bills fans should campaign for Chad like we did for Takeo, when he comes into town. Word out of cinci is he's begging to be cut, traded or released, and he's apparently been begging opposing teams players and coaches to make a move for him.

Johnson lined up opposite lee evens would be a thing to behold.

Ebenezer
10-30-2007, 12:40 AM
I would vote for that.

Carlton Bailey
10-30-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't want that team cancer on the Bills. He can't even get along with Carson Palmer, who is a franchise QB.

Jaybird
10-30-2007, 12:44 AM
you think he;s just gonna get cut??? no chace boys. I would love to have him, but it would cost us big!

clumping platelets
10-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Bills FO would never want him

TacklingDummy
10-30-2007, 01:57 AM
you think he;s just gonna get cut??? no chace boys. I would love to have him, but it would cost us big!

What did Moss cost? :ill:

Oaf
10-30-2007, 02:21 AM
He would never want us. It'd be like TO with the Ravens all over again. Screw him

Ingtar33
10-30-2007, 03:25 AM
i still say it's worth the attempt. make him feel loved by the fans here.

Send a message to Bills management. we might make a big play. Its an option, but i think a good one (it certainly worked for spikes).

Kerr
10-30-2007, 06:28 AM
We'd probably have a better chance of landing bernard berrian if he's available.

Besides, Marv doesn't like bonafied show-offs.

Jeff1220
10-30-2007, 06:29 AM
The guy has played for the Bengals his whole career. I like to think that Buffalo is a step up from that.

The King
10-30-2007, 06:50 AM
The Bills were also an Up and Coming team when Spikes came to town.

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Chad would be cool but he is too colorful for here, we'll make that anywhere.

X-Era
10-30-2007, 07:02 AM
the Bills fans should campaign for Chad like we did for Takeo, when he comes into town. Word out of cinci is he's begging to be cut, traded or released, and he's apparently been begging opposing teams players and coaches to make a move for him.

Hes the best WR in the league IMO. Hes a super star that we sorely need. But his character is now in question. Hes playing on a playoff team having a down year. Why would he leave a potent offense with a franchise QB to come to us? Why would Levy go against his word on only getting high character guys for Chad Johnson? It seriously would cost us our 1st rounder to get him... maybe even more.

colin
10-30-2007, 07:14 AM
adding chad and a TE would put our O right up there with the top 16!!!

throw in lance briggs on D and plenty of young guys for DT and G/C in the draft and you have a bills team that nobody wants to play.

Mahdi
10-30-2007, 07:26 AM
I dont see how Chad isnt high character.... He plays hard, trains hard, goes over the middle and takes hits and makes big plays. Just because he likes to have fun and play to the crowd doesnt mean he's not high character. Maybe we need someone with that much confidence on our Offense to lift everyone else.

TigerJ
10-30-2007, 08:43 AM
If the Bengals allow it, I think Marv should at least sit down with him to see where his head is at. However, it should be with open eyes. If he's traded, he will want to renegotiate. That didn't work out so well the last time the Bills acquired in a trade. The Bills would need to be able to agree on a contract number before they ever pull the trigger.

trapezeus
10-30-2007, 08:51 AM
dancing in the endzone doesn't make you a low character guy.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Let's be honest with ourselves, there's no way on earth that Wilson would pony up for that kind of talent. He's going to command a pretty penny for any owner, much less Wilson.

mybills
10-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I dont see how Chad isnt high character.... He plays hard, trains hard, goes over the middle and takes hits and makes big plays. Just because he likes to have fun and play to the crowd doesnt mean he's not high character. Maybe we need someone with that much confidence on our Offense to lift everyone else.
His "fun" gets him fined, and marks the team.

BAM
10-30-2007, 08:54 AM
In a heartbeat. I'd absolutely love to have him on the squad.

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 08:54 AM

I was thinking the same thing on the way to work this AM.

People need to bring their banners out in full force.

DraftBoy
10-30-2007, 08:55 AM
All this character talk is nuts, Chad Johnson would be the ideal pickup for this team, If Cincy wants to dump him we have the picks to spend. If Marv wouldnt even consider the thought of bringing in Chad Johnson I want his ass fired right now for being ridiculous. Chad Johnson is not a cancer at all, he is one of the hardest working players in the NFL.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 08:55 AM
All this character talk is nuts, Chad Johnson would be the ideal pickup for this team, If Cincy wants to dump him we have the picks to spend. If Marv wouldnt even consider the thought of bringing in Chad Johnson I want his ass fired right now for being ridiculous. Chad Johnson is not a cancer at all, he is one of the hardest working players in the NFL.
Character doesn't win football games, good football players win football games.

DraftBoy
10-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Where the hell are Lecter and Mikey at, and doesnt Patrick have close seats, I want to see signs for CJ when they come to play on Sunday while Im watching on my Sopcast. Lets make the guy feel welcome!!

DraftBoy
10-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Character doesn't win football games, good football players win football games.

:bf1:

Dude
10-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Chad Johnson is not a "cancer". He is a distraction, but not a divisive presence in the locker room. He has been accused of not giving 100% on some plays lately, but nothing he's doing is causing the Bengals to lose. His on-field personna is an act - granted, it gets carried away at times, but it's nowhere near as bad as some of the crap T.O. has pulled.

The thing is, though, CJ isn't begging to be let go. That is a fabrication of the local media that took a concept (is it possible that Chad Johnson is the reason the Bengals are losing?) and blew it way out of proportion. They have an annoying habit of doing that. Granted, neither CJ nor the Bengals flat-out denied the possibility of a trade, but that desn't mean Johnson is itching to flee.

I can guarantee you this: if - and that's a HUGE "if" - the Bengals choose to part ways with Johnson, they will not cut or release him. They will demand a trade, and will demand compensation commensurate with what they would be giving up, which is an elite, Pro Bowl-caliber receiver. Can (will) the Bills pony up? Doubtful.

Tatonka
10-30-2007, 09:21 AM

great post. i would take him in a heartbeat and give up the 1st rounder for him.. he would be light years ahead of and better than any rookie wr we are going to draft..

but it wont happen.. the bills will chase off evans and never make a move for a guy like chad.. and roscoe will be gone as well.

we will have reed and some rookie starting next year.. and hear great stories about how aiken as wr number 3 is pushing for the starting spot.. and george wilson will move back to wr.. leave it to the bills to shock you with something ridiculous like that.

Mahdi
10-30-2007, 09:37 AM
His "fun" gets him fined, and marks the team.
The fines the league are handing out now are just ridiculous. Fans come to games to get entertained and watch football. Why cant he use the ball as a prop and make funny gestures? Its funny and keeps his team mates loose. The fines come out of his pocket anyways and go to the league which does something productive with it anyways. Id rather he wastes $5000 dollars on an NFL fine while entertaining fans rather than "making it rain" at the clubs. Chad Loves football and loves the football community and everything about the NFL. The guy takes every opportunity to be on NFL network and talk football. He's passionate about the game and every team needs players like that.

Mahdi
10-30-2007, 09:43 AM
great post. i would take him in a heartbeat and give up the 1st rounder for him.. he would be light years ahead of and better than any rookie wr we are going to draft..

but it wont happen.. the bills will chase off evans and never make a move for a guy like chad.. and roscoe will be gone as well.

we will have reed and some rookie starting next year.. and hear great stories about how aiken as wr number 3 is pushing for the starting spot.. and george wilson will move back to wr.. leave it to the bills to shock you with something ridiculous like that.
I would give up a 1st rounder also. Chances are when we pick Dorsey will be gone and after than our biggest need is WR. And this class of WRs are not all that impressive. Chad for our first would be a great trade for both teams. Conventional wisdom says that the Bills wont ever want a flashy player like Johnson but Thurman wasnt exactly quiet. I remember him making some pretty bold statements in his time. Something along the lines of being the Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky of football.

RedEyE
10-30-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't understand why so many think this guy has a bad charcter? He's never in any real trouble except for the occassional fine he draws from the No Fun League and this is usually because he's having fun with the "game".

i see a hard working leader that likes to let loose and entertain the fanbase on occassion. Nothing wrong with that. I even think the NFL feeds into it as Chad Johnson has one of the largest merchandise draws in the league.

I think this guy would be a vitale asset to this team physically and financially and I would love to see him a Buffalo uniform.

He's not a TO type. He has never had any off field problems and doesn't allow his feelings to get in the way of his perfromance.

Top notch - bring him in.

Saratoga Slim
10-30-2007, 10:16 AM

I agree. And he's not publicly begging to be traded. If its true he wants out, it's all been rumors so far--he's not screwing his current team by taking his issues to the press.

bigbub2352
10-30-2007, 10:17 AM
I would take him in a second, but i dont think he would come here, he is gonna be lookin to go to a big time market ie Dallas, INdy etc

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 10:17 AM
I would take him in a second, but i dont think he would come here, he is gonna be lookin to go to a big time market ie Dallas, INdy etc
I don't think he'd work out well in Dallas.

Dude
10-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Right now he doesn't have a choice - he's under contract through 2011.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Right now he doesn't have a choice - he's under contract through 2011.
Yeah but it just wouldn't happen. I can't envision Jerry pulling the trigger on that kind of a trade.

Dude
10-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Sorry, I was responding to bigbub.

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I agree. And he's not publicly begging to be traded. If its true he wants out, it's all been rumors so far--he's not screwing his current team by taking his issues to the press.

He definately wants out and even though I'm sure this is not the team he wants to end up on we have so many draft picks that a team that is looking for a trade has to look at us.

Throw in the fact that we will probably get a second for JP and we could have a bonanza going next year!!

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I could see Miami taking a shot at him were he to become available.

Dude
10-30-2007, 10:44 AM
He definately wants outBased upon what?

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Based upon what?
Because ESPN says so.

Dude
10-30-2007, 10:49 AM
There was a rumor that the Bengals were trying to decide whether or not to shop him after the season, that's all.

DraftBoy
10-30-2007, 11:20 AM
BUFFALO WANTS CHAD!!!!

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 11:24 AM
BUFFALO WANTS CHAD!!!!
It would be nice to have a guy with some personality, Marshawn and Chad would be freaking hilarious together. Sadly though, we all know that there's no chance in hell.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 11:24 AM

I would get season tickets and make the 5 hour round trip every Sunday if this happened.

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 11:35 AM
I love Chad...Doesn't he lead the league in receiving yards? It's not stats he's pissed about, it's the 2-5 record. A receiver who is passionate and hates losing? What a cancer, I dont want him on my team!

Ingtar33
10-30-2007, 12:43 PM
he wants out. I've been hearing it from some of my friends still in the league. he's been approaching other teams coaches and players during and after games begging them to try to pry him away from cinci.

Make him feel the love. make marv see the fans want him, and that call just might happen. who knows what the price will be, but i think it's worth trying.

Bulldog
10-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Look, I'm not trying to turn this into a QB thread. But if Evans is so unhappy with Edwards being the future, maybe Buffalo could ship Evans to Cinci for Johnson and call it a day. Give Johnson a shiny new contract and draft a WR fairly early next year. Just a thought.

Dude
10-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Even the Bengals aren't stupid enough to make that trade.

Mahdi
10-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Even the Bengals aren't stupid enough to make that trade.
That would actually be a great trade for them. They lose an older receiver who produces but is unhappy and get a young productive WR to replace him. Along side Houshmandzadeh they would make a great tandem. That trade however would not benefit Buffalo because we would be back to square 1 with a need at the #2 spot.

Dude
10-30-2007, 01:15 PM
If you're the Bengals, you're not getting anywhere close to what you should get for Johnson. If the Bills could pull that off, I would write to the Pope and ask that he make Marv Levy a saint.

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 03:39 PM
If Evans is complaining about not getting the ball deep with Trent, what do you think Chad will do?

BTW, those signs won't work. Spikes already called Chad and told him not to fall for it like he did.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 03:52 PM
If you're the Bengals, you're not getting anywhere close to what you should get for Johnson. If the Bills could pull that off, I would write to the Pope and ask that he make Marv Levy a saint.
Even if Marv could make it happen ( which he could) there's non way our saint of an owner would pay the $ for him.

acehole
10-30-2007, 03:57 PM

Indeed. I wonder what Qb he would prefer?

How do we stop him on Sunday?

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 04:29 PM
If Evans is complaining about not getting the ball deep with Trent, what do you think Chad will do?

BTW, those signs won't work. Spikes already called Chad and told him not to fall for it like he did.

:lmao:

I could see it now.

TKO: "Chad, if you wants to goto Buffalo yous better bring your lunch cause it's gowna be a long day."

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 04:34 PM
BUFFALO WANTS CHAD!!!!
Pennington would make a great back up and mentor.

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 04:54 PM
:lmao:

I could see it now.

TKO: "Chad, if you wants to goto Buffalo yous better bring your lunch cause it's gowna be a long day."
:snicker2:

Gunzlingr
10-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Look, I'm not trying to turn this into a QB thread. But if Evans is so unhappy with Edwards being the future, maybe Buffalo could ship Evans to Cinci for Johnson and call it a day. Give Johnson a shiny new contract and draft a WR fairly early next year. Just a thought.

Or ship off some picks and have Johnson and Evans...

Michael82
11-03-2007, 10:13 AM
BUMP for Patrick76777! :up:

colin
11-03-2007, 11:49 AM
if we get a 2nd or 3rd for jp we might be able to package that up off to cinci for chad.

he has a big contract, so it's not like getting something for cheap.

throw a TE (draft pick or FA, i don't care) and we all of a sudden have an nfl O

mybills
11-06-2007, 08:07 AM
BUMP for Patrick76777! :up:
bump for ingtar..he may want to retract. :snicker: