PDA

View Full Version : Oakland to cut Mike Williams (WR)

mysticsoto
10-30-2007, 06:34 AM
Man, what a bust!!!

Raiders targeting Tim Dwight

The Raiders have offered wide receiver and kick returner Tim Dwight a one-year contract, a person in the front office said. Dwight is expected to sign the offer, perhaps as soon as Tuesday. If he does, veteran receiver Mike Williams is the logical candidate to be released.

Williams has struggled carving out a niche in Oakland's offense and has committed more than his share of mistakes, including a motion penalty on a third-quarter play and a drop of a Culpepper pass on Oakland's final offensive play Sunday during the Raiders' 13-9 loss to the host Tennessee Titans.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_7314375?nclick_check=1

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-30-2007, 06:40 AM
I kind of feel bad for that kid. I know he came from a very poor home and because of Maurice Clarrett decided to declare for the draft in order to get the NFL payday to help his family. When the NFL won their court case he couldn't go back to school. I feel it is very unfortunate for him.

DraftBoy
10-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Id give him a shot with his size we could use it, and yea I saw his drop on Sunday

mysticsoto
10-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Id give him a shot with his size we could use it, and yea I saw his drop on Sunday

Not me. I would get too frustrated at his lack of incompetence. Already I'm frustrated with Aiken not developing the way I'd hope - and he plays STs well. Mike just wouldn't contribute much at all. If you can't run routes, you drop balls when they're finally thrown your way and you can contribute on STs then you can't really help us at all...

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 10:24 AM
It seems like every other week there's a paper saying he's "going to be cut"

BlackMetalNinja
10-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Not me. I would get too frustrated at his lack of incompetence. Already I'm frustrated with Aiken not developing the way I'd hope - and he plays STs well. Mike just wouldn't contribute much at all. If you can't run routes, you drop balls when they're finally thrown your way and you can contribute on STs then you can't really help us at all...

That's funny, I'd love a guy with a "lack of incompetence"... but that's just me I guess. :lol:

!Papacrunk!
10-30-2007, 09:07 PM
:lol:
That's funny, I'd love a guy with a "lack of incompetence"... but that's just me I guess.

LMAO! Good catch