• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Double E's draft comments

So I have a few comments about the way this years draft is shaping up so far. I see our biggest needs being

WR- Insurance if Evans leaves
    LB- Pos and Crowell are good, after that were average
    DT- Kyle Williams is great, McCargo is getting better, Tripplett isnt impressing and were average after that
    CB- Greer has stepped up but a true stud would be great
    TE- Still dont have the big play type TE, Royal has looked better recently
    G/C- RG and/or C is probably our weakest link on the OL

So I will admit I havent watched as much college ball as I would have liked to but from what Ive seen so far:

LB- the guys up top just dont seem that good to me.
    Connor gets consistently blown back and dragged after making contact
    Highsmith can make plays but often just looks like a guy wearing a jersey, not standing out
    Laurinitis can play but again may be a bit undersized strength wise to be a big run stuffer
    Adibi is a hot cold type prospect, he can play big or be non existant

The only guy that just looks fantastic is not even a LB... yet. If Vernon Gholston comes out, move him to OLB as a Terrell Suggs type. That kid can flat out play. He can chase down RB's from behind, is a pass rush demon. Hes got talent.

WR- Desean Jackson is a stud, hes a mid 1st rounder and would fit the Bill
    Eddie Royal is my favorite WR out of the 1st round, he makes tough catches, is well built, and is blazing fast
    Malcom Kelly- havent seen him, Ill take DraftBoys word for it
    Adalius Bowman- havent seen him
    Early Doucet- not a huge fan, he can catch but also makes some drops, not crazy fast, more of a possession type

Id love to see us land Jackson or Royal

DT- Glenn Dorsey is the best DT prospect that I have seen in a decade. Hes unbelievable. It would take a top 2 pick to get him, but man would he make an impact on this team

CB- Justin King is having a down year, Ive watched him and watched him and he just hasnt made big plays
    Mike Jenkins, Dejuan Tribble- just havent done anything spectacular to me. Neither is that big.
    Cason- I havent seen
    Brandon Flowers is the best Ive seen, that guy is jacked. Hes fast, hes solid against the run, he can play. Hes a junior so its possible that he comes out.

TE- Martellus Bennett- this guy can block, run, catch... hes built like a brick sh_t house. He'd look great in a Bills uni. 6' 7" 250? are you kidding me?

Id be happy if we could somehow land Desean Jackson and Vernon Gholston in the same draft overall. That would be a fantastic day one.

• Carlton Bailey

Re: Double E's draft comments

DeSean Jackson would be a horrible pick for the Bills. They already have enough small receivers. A big reason they're terrible in the red zone is because there is no tall WR who can complement Evans and run fade routes to the corner of the end zone. Your guy is James Hardy from Indiana. He's 6-7, 220 and has 4.5 speed.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-30-2007, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
      DeSean Jackson would be a horrible pick for the Bills. They already have enough small receivers. A big reason they're terrible in the red zone is because there is no big WR who can complement Evans and run fade routes to the corner of the end zone. Your guy is James Hardy from Indiana. He's 6-7, 220 and has 4.5 speed.
      Dont disagree with the thought of "complimenting" our smaller receivers... But horrible pick? Thats a bit too strong. Desean Jackson can play...period. And WR's like Santana Moss, Steve Smith ought to show that size isnt critical.

However, I like the thought of bigger guys to go over the middle. Id offer that our red zone problems have more to do with inexperience at QB, penalties, and bad play calling than the size of the WR's.

That said, I guess I would take talent over size, especially since whomever they draft could be our #1 if Evans leaves sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Kenny
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
        Dont disagree with the thought of "complimenting" our smaller receivers... But horrible pick? Thats a bit too strong. Desean Jackson can play...period. And WR's like Santana Moss, Steve Smith ought to show that size isnt critical.

However, I like the thought of bigger guys to go over the middle. Id offer that our red zone problems have more to do with inexperience at QB, penalties, and bad play calling than the size of the WR's.

That said, I guess I would take talent over size, especially since whomever they draft could be our #1 if Evans leaves sooner rather than later.
        Sure Santana Moss and Steve Smith are great receivers, -but they're exactly like Evans... deep threats.
        I'd like to see stats on how many touchdowns these guys score once in the redzone.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
          • Aug 2005

I saw Hardy play in one of the few college games I have wtched and I thought to myself, "This guy needs to be in a Bills uni!"
          SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
            So I have a few comments about the way this years draft is shaping up so far. I see our biggest needs being

WR- Insurance if Evans leaves
            LB- Pos and Crowell are good, after that were average
            DT- Kyle Williams is great, McCargo is getting better, Tripplett isnt impressing and were average after that
            CB- Greer has stepped up but a true stud would be great
            TE- Still dont have the big play type TE, Royal has looked better recently
            G/C- RG and/or C is probably our weakest link on the OL

So I will admit I havent watched as much college ball as I would have liked to but from what Ive seen so far:

LB- the guys up top just dont seem that good to me.
            Connor gets consistently blown back and dragged after making contact
            Highsmith can make plays but often just looks like a guy wearing a jersey, not standing out
            Laurinitis can play but again may be a bit undersized strength wise to be a big run stuffer
            Adibi is a hot cold type prospect, he can play big or be non existant

The only guy that just looks fantastic is not even a LB... yet. If Vernon Gholston comes out, move him to OLB as a Terrell Suggs type. That kid can flat out play. He can chase down RB's from behind, is a pass rush demon. Hes got talent.

WR- Desean Jackson is a stud, hes a mid 1st rounder and would fit the Bill
            Eddie Royal is my favorite WR out of the 1st round, he makes tough catches, is well built, and is blazing fast
            Malcom Kelly- havent seen him, Ill take DraftBoys word for it
            Adalius Bowman- havent seen him
            Early Doucet- not a huge fan, he can catch but also makes some drops, not crazy fast, more of a possession type

Id love to see us land Jackson or Royal

DT- Glenn Dorsey is the best DT prospect that I have seen in a decade. Hes unbelievable. It would take a top 2 pick to get him, but man would he make an impact on this team

CB- Justin King is having a down year, Ive watched him and watched him and he just hasnt made big plays
            Mike Jenkins, Dejuan Tribble- just havent done anything spectacular to me. Neither is that big.
            Cason- I havent seen
            Brandon Flowers is the best Ive seen, that guy is jacked. Hes fast, hes solid against the run, he can play. Hes a junior so its possible that he comes out.

TE- Martellus Bennett- this guy can block, run, catch... hes built like a brick sh_t house. He'd look great in a Bills uni. 6' 7" 250? are you kidding me?

Id be happy if we could somehow land Desean Jackson and Vernon Gholston in the same draft overall. That would be a fantastic day one.
            Needs:
            Agreed but add QB to your list

LB:
            Connor-You really need to see more of his play if thats your analysis of him, he is the top backer for a reason. His play diagnosis is sick, and by far the best in the class
            Highsmith-I dont know how you can say this kid doesnt stand out, he is absolute terror
            Lauranitis-No opinion here, as I havent seen him play enough
            Adibi-Agreed
            Gholston-a 3-4 OLB, would not fit here and I dont think he's leaving early

WR:
            Jackson-Pass
            Royal-Very underrated Day 2 WR prospect, he has the route running to skill teams that are sloppy in coverage. Could be a steal late in the draft.
            Kelly-Yes take my opinion
            Bowman-Most dangerous deep man in the draft
            Doucet-Injuries issues have slowed him but he is a top receiver, more of a deep threat than Bowe was

DT:
            Dorsey-Very good DT prospect but dont sleep on Sedrick Ellis

Everything else I pretty much agree with
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X