PDA

View Full Version : If you are not excited....you are brain dead

Wally The Barber
10-30-2007, 07:41 AM
The Bills will be .500 after this week and ALL of you said that was imposible after the injuries hit the team.

When Buffalo wins this week, look for the media to arrive on scene with alittle positive press.

At 4-4 the playoffs are within reach and how many of you gave us any chance 3 weeks ago?

J.P. Losman will start and he needs a big game to have any chance at regaining the starting job and I think you will find the Edwards bandwagon may have a few empty seats should Losman have a big game!

I don't get excited easily.....but I am really looking forward to spanking the Bengals...

If you think the Bills will lose this week.....then I see no hope for you at all!

Go Bills

Wally

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 07:48 AM
I don't know any Bills fans who aren't excited, but do keep in mind that we've seen this before and have been depressed by seasons end.

Novacane
10-30-2007, 07:54 AM
I don't know any Bills fans who aren't excited, but do keep in mind that we've seen this before and have been depressed by seasons end.

Exactly. We've been here before. Hopefully this time it ends differantly than we're used to. Imagine how excited we'd be if not for 2 last second field goals.

Philagape
10-30-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't think it's very wise to take the Bengals for granted.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 08:35 AM
DING!

scott51
10-30-2007, 08:38 AM
That is what I have been saying all week at work. I don't understand why people think we are going to just walk all over the Bengals. Granted they aren't the Patriots or Colts but I wouldn't say they are all that bad either. I think this will be a game we should feel lucky to get out of with a win.

Philagape
10-30-2007, 08:41 AM
As long as the Bengals have Palmer, Chad and Housh, they can rip us a new hole. We're going to have to keep our safeties way back, making it easier for whoever their RB will be.

OpIv37
10-30-2007, 08:42 AM
The Bengals have an offense- the two teams we beat don't. Our offense is going to need their most productive game of the season to win.

BTW 4-4 isn't all that exciting- it's still at best a long shot at a wild card.

LtFinFan66
10-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Mark me down as brain dead! At least on Sundays. Saturdays keep me excited

scott51
10-30-2007, 08:46 AM
IMO, this will be a good test for our Defense. If we are as good as they seem to be, and I hope to God they are, we will shut down Carson Palmer and his weapons CJ and Housallema (or however you spell that guys name)

Wally The Barber
10-30-2007, 08:50 AM
IMO, this will be a good test for our Defense. If we are as good as they seem to be, and I hope to God they are, we will shut down Carson Palmer and his weapons CJ and Housallema (or however you spell that guys name)

I think this is a test for the Bills.

Win the winnable games and move on!

Could Buffalo lose?....I don't think so!

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 08:52 AM

I see us losing this game in a big way and wishing I was brain dead.

scott51
10-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I think this is a test for the Bills.

Win the winnable games and move on!

Could Buffalo lose?....I don't think so!

I hate to say it but how we finish the season is going to depend on how our coaching staff handles the QB situation. Regardless of who they go with they have got to make a choice and solidly stick with it, they also need to unite the lockerroom which right now seems to be becoming divided!

Mad Bomber
10-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Exactly. Their defense is AWFUL, but they can put points on the board. We're going to have to score more than we have lately in order to keep up with them.

Jan Reimers
10-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Anyone who thinks we're a lock to beat the Bengals hasn't been paying attention to this Bills' team.

I'm expecting a loss, simply because the Bengals are due for an offensive explosion, and their poor defense means little to us - with our lack of run blocking and our conservative playcalling, another 13 point effort may very well be in the offing.

djjimkelly
10-30-2007, 09:35 AM

even though they are a 2 win team they avg 26 points a game.

Dude
10-30-2007, 09:45 AM
This game is hard to call.

The Bengals can score, but they also can't stop anyone. They have a potent offense, but it's very predictable. They do not throw to their TEs, so that leaves Johnson and Houshmanzadeh to take on a majority of the load. The Jets were able to contain that by double-teaming them, and since they don't throw to anyone else, they had to revert to their running game. Rudi Johnson is hurt, so that means Kenny Watson has been the #1 back, and he's not a starter. Their OL has been a revolving door all season, so it should be easier for the Bills to get in Palmer's face. Palmer is not very mobile, but can do damage if given time to throw.

They are not good at game management on both sides of the ball, so I think it's important that the Bills get out to a quick lead. I think the Bills can win as long as the coaches get out of the way and don't make stupid calls. Here's hoping ...

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 10:03 AM
This game is hard to call.

The Bengals can score, but they also can't stop anyone. They have a potent offense, but it's very predictable. They do not throw to their TEs, so that leaves Johnson and Houshmanzadeh to take on a majority of the load. The Jets were able to contain that by double-teaming them, and since they don't throw to anyone else, they had to revert to their running game. Rudi Johnson is hurt, so that means Kenny Watson has been the #1 back, and he's not a starter. Their OL has been a revolving door all season, so it should be easier for the Bills to get in Palmer's face. Palmer is not very mobile, but can do damage if given time to throw.

They are not good at game management on both sides of the ball, so I think it's important that the Bills get out to a quick lead. I think the Bills can win as long as the coaches get out of the way and don't make stupid calls. Here's hoping ...
I would be happy to see us start the game on Offense like this: run, run, first down, play-action pass.............

Wally The Barber
10-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Anyone who thinks we're a lock to beat the Bengals hasn't been paying attention to this Bills' team.

I'm expecting a loss, simply because the Bengals are due for an offensive explosion, and their poor defense means little to us - with our lack of run blocking and our conservative playcalling, another 13 point effort may very well be in the offing.

It may not be a lock but the Bills are clearly the better team.

The team has come on the last three games so stats really mean nothing!

You got to win the winnable games...and we will!

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 10:12 AM
It may not be a lock but the Bills are clearly the better team.

The team has come on the last three games so stats really mean nothing!

You got to win the winnable games...and we will!
Three games? We've won two strait......

shelby
10-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Our D is really coming together. It's our O that i'm worried about.

i am excited for this week's game, but i'm not penciling in a victory yet.

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 11:31 AM
we need to score at least 24 to win IMO

Wally The Barber
10-30-2007, 02:32 PM

Go ahead pencil it in....it won't hurt at all.

mybills
10-30-2007, 02:40 PM
I thought they went backwards in the Jets game, after progressing for the few games before that. Both sides of the ball didn't seem to really show up until the 4th qtr. If we see the D from the Balt game maybe it's a W, but not the D from the Jets game. I'm not looking past Cincy at all.

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 02:43 PM
I think this is our trap game. Cincy is better than people think. They'll win this game purely on outscoring us.

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I think this is our trap game. Cincy is better than people think. They'll win this game purely on outscoring us.
Exactly...we still cant score

Cntrygal
10-30-2007, 06:38 PM
It's bad to need the Defense/Special Teams to score to start to feel comfortable about the chances to win.......

:sigh:

Wys Guy
10-30-2007, 07:38 PM

I'm not particularly excited anymore. I'm just not. Inevitably, again even this season, the realities of our poor fundamental play will once again catch up with us.

You can't squeeze blood from a turnip, eh. Our team sucks. I'm no more excited about this team than I would be as a NASCAR fan with my racer's car missing a wheel.

When the Bills give me something to be excited about and prove that they can stay in the region long-term, then and only then I'll once again get excited.

Wys Guy
10-30-2007, 07:40 PM

Our D has gotten lucky that opposing QBs have come into games vs. us clearly preoccupied or otherwise taking us so non-seriously that it's an indictment all by itself.

We simply can't give up the yards and efficiencies that we do, worse than last season even, and expect to win many games. It simply doesn't happen in the NFL.

BAM
10-30-2007, 07:41 PM
I am freekin' pumped baby! Woooo! I might paint my face this weekend. Pride, can I ride with you down to the bar? :D :beers:

Wys Guy
10-30-2007, 07:43 PM
The Bills will be .500 after this week and ALL of you said that was imposible after the injuries hit the team.

When Buffalo wins this week, look for the media to arrive on scene with alittle positive press.

At 4-4 the playoffs are within reach and how many of you gave us any chance 3 weeks ago?

J.P. Losman will start and he needs a big game to have any chance at regaining the starting job and I think you will find the Edwards bandwagon may have a few empty seats should Losman have a big game!

I don't get excited easily.....but I am really looking forward to spanking the Bengals...

If you think the Bills will lose this week.....then I see no hope for you at all!

Go Bills

Wally

Forget Cincy's D which probably isn't much worse than the Jets if even worse at all.

Worry about their O. Our team hasn't proven that it can stop a balanced offense which Cincy brings. It's formidable in spite of their record. They hung some points on some decent Ds and will hang a good 20-something or perhaps even 30-something on us.

A show of hands as to who here truly believes that this team directed as it is with the talent we have, is even capable of putting up that many points w/o help from the D/STs.

PS The game's a pick 'em at the moment. Take the Bengals and take a nice vacation!

SABURZFAN
10-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Go Bills

Wally

aren't we putting the carriage before the horse?with Palmer,Fathead,and houshmenzadah(sp?) as Cincy's offensive threats,the defense is going to have to have a good day.if this game becomes a shootout,we could easily fall short in that battle.