PDA

View Full Version : Big day for the Offense against the Bengals...

Mahdi
10-30-2007, 08:03 AM
I really believe that we will put up some great offensive numbers against the Bengals and for a few reasons.

1) the most obvious reason being that the Bengals D has struggled to stop the run and the pass.

2) We are finally playing against a 4-3 team. This is significant because I think it has been difficult for our new OL to run block against 3-4 defenses where assignments arent always obvious, which puts a premium on cohesion and being able to work together as a fluid unit which we havent reached yet. Playing against a 4-3 front should make the reads easier and give our big boys a chance to just out-muscle the man in front of them.

3) If JP Losman plays the Bengals will be respecting the deep ball and that will give our slot guys and our run game more room to operate. Losman might have set himself up for a big game this week by throwing 2 nice deep passes in his 5 attempts last week. The Bengals will be watching the tape and will certainly take account.

trapezeus
10-30-2007, 08:14 AM
i like the logic. i think however that the bills play down to their opponent and come out with a scrappy win.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 08:15 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. The Jets are just as bad, if not worse than the Bengals and we've only managed to put up two passing TD's in two games.

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 08:19 AM
I think our coaches will run 45 times so that Jp won't look good.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 08:20 AM
I think our coaches will run 45 times so that Jp won't look good.
Who says Losman is starting?

Meathead
10-30-2007, 09:51 AM
judge meathead has declared jp the starter

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 09:58 AM
If the Bills O couln't come alive against the Jets where Willis had (2) 100 yard games against them last year so how do we expect to come alive against a better Cincy team?

I've watched Cincy a bunch of times and this team isn't nearly as bad as you guys think.

I actually felt very good before the Ravens game but I have a bad feeling about this game.

mysticsoto
10-30-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't know...I thought we'd put up big numbers against the Jets and was sorely disappointed by that stat - despite our win. I thought we should have done better. Whether that is b'cse of Edwards vs JP, I don't know. I do think that Edwards, though looking good at times, is still maybe a little green. I think JP might have a better shot at putting up big numbers...but it is a multitude of things that goes into this. I think Jauron likes that with Edwards, the offense is more ball control vs with JP where the slingshot approach suits his style better and our D ends up more on the field b'cse of it. So I'd say there are positives and negatives to each and I don't envy Jauron's decision tomorrow...

Oaf
10-30-2007, 10:05 AM
i like the logic. i think however that the bills play down to their opponent and come out with a scrappy win.
I liked the logic against the Jets too, but we did nothing.

RedEyE
10-30-2007, 10:11 AM
This game actually worries me a bit.

The Bills offense, while slowly progressing, has yet to fully develop. My largest concern is the OL, as they jsut haven't put together a full game in my opinion yet.

The Bills defense will only be able to keep this Cincy O in line for so long. If the Bills offense can't get motoring out there then it will be a long day for the Bills D.

Here's how I see the QB situation:

Trent manages the game well, and has put together some well needed clock munching drives over the past few weeks. However, his inexperience tends to force a mistake before greatness. This will eventually go away with time but I'm not sure it disappear quite yet against Cincy.

Losman: Let's face it, his underneath game has not been incredibly effective and this is the lone reason as to why this guy isn't a sure start this week and why a QB controversy has been allowed to develop. He proved last week against the Jets that he's capable of putting together a clock eating drive but I have only seen this from Losman when he is playing for something more then himself. He pinched out the same great performance when Holcomb was treading on his heels. Plain and simple, he plays better angry. Because of this reason, this could be a good week to start Losman. He's again out to prove that he has what it takes to lead this team to victories. And again, his consistancy is the only thing that lies in question here.

Anthony Thomas: Regardless of who is at QB, it is imperative that A-Train be healthy for this game. It was painstakenly obvious that the Bills were having difficulties picking up the blitz without this guy on the field last week. Edwards quick release and decisive reads enables him to off throw the blitz a bit quickerthen Losman. But Losman's natural ability to stretch the field is hard to stray from.

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 10:18 AM
This game actually worries me a bit.

The Bills offense, while slowly progressing, has yet to fully develop. My largest concern is the OL, as they jsut haven't put together a full game in my opinion yet.

The Bills defense will only be able to keep this Cincy O in line for so long. If the Bills offense can't get motoring out there then it will be a long day for the Bills D.

Here's how I see the QB situation:

Trent manages the game well, and has put together some well needed clock munching drives over the past few weeks. However, his inexperience tends to force a mistake before greatness. This will eventually go away with time but I'm not sure it disappear quite yet against Cincy.

Losman: Let's face it, his underneath game has not been incredibly effective and this is the lone reason as to why this guy isn't a sure start this week and why a QB controversy has been allowed to develop. He proved last week against the Jets that he's capable of putting together a clock eating drive but I have only seen this from Losman when he is playing for something more then himself. He pinched out the same great performance when Holcomb was treading on his heels. Plain and simple, he plays better angry. Because of this reason, this could be a good week to start Losman. He's again out to prove that he has what it takes to lead this team to victories. And again, his consistancy is the only thing that lies in question here.

Anthony Thomas: Regardless of who is at QB, it is imperative that A-Train be healthy for this game. It was painstakenly obvious that the Bills were having difficulties picking up the blitz without this guy on the field last week. Edwards quick release and decisive reads enables him to off throw the blitz a bit quickerthen Losman. But Losman's natural ability to stretch the field is hard to stray from.

We wouldn't have a thousand BS posts on the QB situation if everyone just read and understood what you just posted.

Brilliant post!!!

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 11:26 AM
a big day for this offense would be two offensive touchdowns