PDA

View Full Version : I guess Willis didn't suck but our OC and Mouse might.

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Lynch has a whopping 11 catches for 89 yards.

McGahee has 24 for 153 with Baltimore this year.

In additon McGahee is rushing for 4.4 yards a carry.

It was the Bills that spent 100 million on the line right?

Sorry, but Lynch has been a non-factor in the passing game and we aren't opening any better holes for him than we did with McGahee last year.

I want McNally and Fairchild gone after this season.

Elminster
10-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Willis is an average back. The Ravens give him a better environment, but there is something Marshawn can do that Willis cannot: make something out of nothing. Where McGahee goes down, Marshawn drives for that extra yard. It isn't his fault Fairchild doesn't seem to understand how to use him.

Philagape
10-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Willis did not give his best effort with us.

Tatonka
10-30-2007, 09:16 AM

Sorry, but Lynch has been a non-factor in the passing game and we aren't opening any better holes for him than we did with McGahee last year.

and willis has been doing that with a POS line in baltimore as well.

honestly, it is tough to disagree with your post.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-30-2007, 09:20 AM
That is really not bad IMO, Lynch is just a rookie and he is only that far behind Willis. Not bad at all. Willis is about 100 yards better than Marshawn at this point also, not bad. Marshawn has twice as many TDs as Willis. Not bad, I like it so far.

Jan Reimers
10-30-2007, 09:26 AM
I agree, HH.

Our O line is horrible at run blocking, which says to me that McNally is not really getting it done. Dockery is decent, but Peters has regressed and the other 3 guys are nonentities. Lynch gets almost every inch on his own.

And Fairchild's offense is the perfect cure for insomnia.

theanswer74
10-30-2007, 09:33 AM
McGahee will start to decline this week. He will be right around 1300-1400 yards and 3.9-4.1 ypc, just like in Buffalo.

Lynch on the other hand has yet to have a break out game. He will at some point.

EDS
10-30-2007, 09:36 AM
and willis has been doing that with a POS line in baltimore as well.

honestly, it is tough to disagree with your post.

Agreed. Their offensive line was average to begin with and then you add in the multiple injuries they have had and you can't argue they have a more talented line then the Bills.

Obviously Willis did not want to be in Buffalo so he had to go.

Mahdi
10-30-2007, 09:46 AM

Anything Lynch related will struggle till we can get defenses to back off. At this time the LOS is crowded and there is no room to run or receive out of the backfield.

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Can anyone explain how Lynch has 11 receptions when all Fairchild talked about in the pre-season was how McGahee wasn't a threat in the recieving game and that's why they liked Lynch so much?

The only real improvement that I have seen out of this team is a little more use out of the TE position but Robert Royal has been almost non-existant at 2.5 million a year.

Mahdi
10-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Can anyone explain how Lynch has 11 receptions when all Fairchild talked about in the pre-season was how McGahee wasn't a threat in the recieving game and that's why they liked Lynch so much?

The only real improvement that I have seen out of this team is a little more use out of the TE position but Robert Royal has been almost non-existant at 2.5 million a year.
Im sure Fairchild was expecting defenses to be worried about deep balls all year and with defenses playing off it would leave the field open for Lynch. That hasnt happened. Do you honestly see any open space in the first 5 yards off the LOS for Lynch to have the time to catch and turn upfield? Its simply isnt there. Throwing to your backs is a product of defenses respecting your vertical game. We dont have that respect yet.

Oaf
10-30-2007, 10:04 AM
This whole offseason, our FO preached about Lynch's ability in the pass game vs. McGahee's inability.

Well we know that's bunk now. They both got it, we just never use it.

bigbub2352
10-30-2007, 10:13 AM
I cant over state this enough, Fairchild is a bum, look at the differance between the playcalling from Edwards and Losman, all i heard all preseason was that Edwards can make all the throws and has a very strong arm, so why do we never go deep to Roscoe, Evans or Price when he was healthy, were are the plays to the backs, to the TEs, Look at some of the calls on 3rd down, if u watched the games u know what i mean

All the stuff this coaching staff said they were ready to do, there have not been many injuries on the offense yet we look worse than last year, u can call it what u want but when an offense takes a step back and doesnt really tweak much then the blame has to go to the schemes the coaching staff is implimenting each week, This conservative crap is barley allowing us to win games, i dont care if they are stacking or not, there is a simple solution to a team stacking the line, it is called

PLAYACTION!!!!!
also i like how it took till week 7 to start playing Dwayne Wright a 4th round selection that we could not pass up (according to RW and Marv) just like the Edwards pick.

Mc Nally is not gettin the job done, we spent a bundle on a Mike Williams clone, and kept the worst part of the line here which is effecting the entire OLine play, Fowler is a joke and Butler is developing but might be out of position

I couldnt agree more HH and Jan

DMBcrew36
10-30-2007, 11:13 AM
I think Mouse McNally is overrated. I mean, I know he hasn't had that great of talent in some years, but his offensive lines have been terrible every year as far as I can remember. That is unacceptable, no matter what your reputation is.

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 11:52 AM

guess who was the scapegoat?