2008 could be pretty awesome around here!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

2008 could be pretty awesome around here!!!

Since today is "postive Tuesday" I wil will bring some light to the board.

We obviously have alot of young talent and have some sitting on the bench, most noticeably Ko Simpson and Paul Poluszny.

We have 10 draft picks next year and most likely we will be trading JP for what I would hope to be a 2nd rounder.

With that many picks I'm assuming we will use some to bring in some more FAs.

This team needs a #2 WR, possibly a #3, a real TE, some more DT help, and a real center.

This team could be exteremly good next year. I knew we had at least 2 years of rebuilding but for the first time I actually think we can turn the corner in 2008.

Thoughts?
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: 2008 could be pretty awesome around here!!!

The injuries think year have allowed our backup to get field time and show their stuff. Alot of our back-ups will end up being our starters this year and beyond. It also gives us a chance to know what we need to fill in the blanks to improve our team.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

I still think 2007 can be pretty awesome if you would give it a chance.

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

After that mini-run and optimistic 7-9 finish last year, we were saying the same thing about this year. Same old story. We could be worse next near for all we know.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

We're not losing any signficant FAs either.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• gil
            • Mar 2005

I really think some other real WR's would go a long way to helping solve our QB issues. I mean, look at some of the throws that Brady gets to make these days - he literally just throws it up there for Moss to get on a quite a few plays.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Oaf
              After that mini-run and optimistic 7-9 finish last year, we were saying the same thing about this year. Same old story. We could be worse next near for all we know.
              Most people were saying 9-7 and we still have a shot at that. I don't remember too many "playoff" threads other than an outside possibility.

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

Sounds good to me! I'm still holding out hope that 2007 could be pretty awesome!

GO BILLS!

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla admin
                  • Jul 2002

Don't underestimate how valuable Marshawn Lynch will be for this organization for many years to come.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gilbert23b
                    I really think some other real WR's would go a long way to helping solve our QB issues. I mean, look at some of the throws that Brady gets to make these days - he literally just throws it up there for Moss to get on a quite a few plays.
                    I very much agree

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

I think its a big early to talk of trading JP but if we remain where we are I would like to see a Day 1 of

R1 Chris Long DE
                      R2 John Carlson TE
                      R3a Dre Moore DT
                      R3b Corey McKeon LB

I would like us looking at a Free agent at WR, hopefully someone like Bryant Johnson WR if he's not resigned by the Cardinals

John Sullivan of Notre Dame or Doug Legursky of Marshall would be a good Center of future.

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

All good and true Hurricane. The only drawback I see is starting over again with a young qb. I like Edwards and he does alot of good things but I don't care who the qb is, he will have a learning curve and growing pains.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Since today is "postive Tuesday" I wil will bring some light to the board.

We obviously have alot of young talent and have some sitting on the bench, most noticeably Ko Simpson and Paul Poluszny.

We have 10 draft picks next year and most likely we will be trading JP for what I would hope to be a 2nd rounder.

With that many picks I'm assuming we will use some to bring in some more FAs.

This team needs a #2 WR, possibly a #3, a real TE, some more DT help, and a real center.

This team could be exteremly good next year. I knew we had at least 2 years of rebuilding but for the first time I actually think we can turn the corner in 2008.

Thoughts?
                          you're dreaming. The only 2nd rounder we'll get is for when we trade Evans this coming offseason.

Just to stay positive, we'll get POZ back.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• scott51
                            • Oct 2006

This is part of an article from ESPN.com (I'm not an insider so can't get the entire article):

Early Doucet of LSU and Limas Sweed of Texas headline a deep, but unspectacular group of senior receivers this season. Doucet is a home run threat with good size and excellent speed, but scouts are eager to see how he performs without the support of quarterback JaMarcus Russell and wide receivers Dwayne Bowe and Craig Davis, all of whom were first-round picks last April. Sweed, on the other hand, returns to a familiar role as Colt McCoy's go-to target. Sweed is bigger and more of a proven entity than Doucet, but he is not quite as explosive vertically or after the catch.

Oklahoma State's Adarius Bowman is the only other senior wideout with the physical tools to compete with Doucet and Sweed atop the draft board. After sitting out the 2005 season due to NCAA transfer rules, the North Carolina transfer was an instant-impact player in 2006, averaging 19.7 yards per catch and scoring 12 touchdowns. Bowman needs to sustain that big-play production and become a better route-runner to maximize his draft stock as a senior. Several other senior receivers will be jockeying for Day 1 draft positioning this fall. D.J. Hall, Andre Caldwell and Keenan Burton all possess the size, speed and hands to contribute as No. 2 or No. 3 receivers in the NFL. Marcus Monk, Maurice Purify and Lance Leggett are big targets but Monk lacks ideal speed, Purify has off-the-field issues and Leggett disappears from games too frequently. On the flip side, Eddie Royal, Dorien Bryant and Harry Douglas are speedy but undersized slot-receiver types.

IMO, we should go after some WR's
                            Go Bills!
                            Go Sabres!

JP Losman, your time is up!

2007 Standings:
                            Buffalo Bills 7-9
                            New England Patriots 18-1*

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

TE and WR in consecutive rounds baby! CB, OG, LB, and DT in the rounds after.

Comment

Working...
                              X