PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman vs Tony Romo

baalworship
10-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Tony Romo just got his big payday and I though this would be a good time to compare him to JP Losman. I think that JP is very similar type and his upside is similar to Romo. Both have rocket arm, quick release (JP had fastest release in his draft class, faster than Eli, Roethlisberger, and Manning), mobility and a gunslinger mentality. Both have questionable mechanics and still need polishing there and better footwork.

I am NOT saying JP is as good as Romo yet. I am saying that JP Losman's upside is what Romo is becoming. JP certainly doesn't feel the rush as well as Romo but on the plus side JP is more careful with the football.

Now then, if you accept that JP is not as good and that he is similar stylistically what would happen if:

JP Losman had Jason Garrett as his OC

Switched Lee Evans for Terrell Owens

Switched Josh Reed for Patrick Crayton

Switched Robert Royal/Michael Gaines for Jason Witten

Switched Marshawn Lynch for Marion Barber/Julius Jones

Switched our O-Line for Dallas O-line?

Now do the same for Romo and give him Fairchild as OC and all the Dallas players.

Please tell me what you think year end stats would like for JP vs Romo....

I will start JP Losman would finish 2007 with the following stats:

27 TD's, 14 INTS, 3800 yards 65% completion percentage, 3 Rushing TD's

Tony Romo's stats would look like:

20 TD's, 14 INt's, 3200 yards 58% completion percentage, 4 Rushing TD's

Ok, so what you got?!

Mahdi
10-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Well I dont know what the stats would be like but overall you do make a good point. This team has needs that are keeping our QBs from being successful. However I would rather have our OL than Dallas'. If we could add Witten and Crayton to our O as it is, JP would thrive.

bflojohn
10-30-2007, 01:45 PM
This post pretty well sums up my feelings about JP Losman.... get him the weapons first and THEN determine his worth! If, by playing with COMPARABLE talent he still doesn't get it done, move on to Trent Edwards. Gunslingers need the bullets in the gun first, it is not the other way around! Ask yourself how Tony Romo would do with Robert Royal and Peerless Price? I'd imagine he'd beg out, if you know what I mean!!

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 01:48 PM
He'll be a good qb for someone else that knows how to run an O.

TacklingDummy
10-30-2007, 01:51 PM
He'll be a good qb for someone else that knows how to run an O.

Samething was said about Robosack.

Mahdi
10-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Samething was said about Robosack.
K Rob Johnson never showed any talent. Jp has.