PDA

View Full Version : Scenario: Assuming we go back to Losman

The Answer
10-30-2007, 12:03 PM
The Answer has been thinking about this since there's a good chance we might be forced to go back to Losman if The Young Gun's wrist isn't ready this week. And there's a good chance he may keep the job for several weeks as well. And this is the scenario that scares The Answer the most:

Losman lights up the Bengals for 300+ yards and 3 TD's and we win big against a team that is 0 - 3 on the road and has a horrible defense and all kinds of turmoil right now.

Then we go down to Miami and Losman has another good game statwise against the the lowly Dolfellon.

So we are 5-4 entering a monster game against what could be the 9 - 0 New England Patriots and are destroyed at home with Losman having on of the worst games of his career.

Coming of that loss we stick with Losman as we travel to Washington and Jacksonville in consecutive weeks - two teams with very aggressive, complex defenses that will be contending for playoffs spots as well - so the bottom line is do we really think the result is going to be any different this year? No way Losman wins either of those games and it's right back to square one when we are 5 - 7 heading into the final 4 games of the season and then turn back to Edwards to finish the year and he probably goes 3 - 1 and we finish 8 - 8.

So if this does play out and Losman loses 3 straight - he will have truly blown his last chance as a starting QB - can the Losman homers at least concede to this as a plausible scenario given his history?

~The Answer

gil
10-30-2007, 12:15 PM
it's a plausible scenario with either QB - edit, sorry misread that last little bit - I think Losman is gone next year either way.

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 12:19 PM
That is one long scenario.

I don't know why you would assume TE goes 3-1. Or why this team, with an approved defense, can't beat Jacksonville or Washington.

And QB's don't win or lose games. Teams do.

Ed
10-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Yes. Losing to good teams is always plausible.

What about this scenario though. What if Losman doesn't lose three in a row, plays well and leads the Bills to a 10 win season and the playoffs?

I think either scenario is unlikely though, as I expect Jauron to go back to Edwards as soon as he's healthy regardless of what Losman does.

The Answer
10-30-2007, 12:26 PM
That is one long scenario.

I don't know why you would assume TE goes 3-1. Or why this team, with an approved defense, can't beat Jacksonville or Washington.

And QB's don't win or lose games. Teams do.

Because Losman has only beat one team on the road with a winning record and that was the jets last year whose defense wasn't that great to begin with.

Jags and Skins defense have been furocious at home this year - similar to NE and Pitt and we all know how Losman fared in those two contests earlier this year.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 12:51 PM
The funny part is that I think Edwards is fine with sitting on the bench.

If Losman plays really well against Cincy I would definately continue to play him. Why not?

I hope Losman plays on Sunday.

THATHURMANATOR
10-30-2007, 12:56 PM
The Answer has been thinking about this since there's a good chance we might be forced to go back to Losman if The Young Gun's wrist isn't ready this week. And there's a good chance he may keep the job for several weeks as well. And this is the scenario that scares The Answer the most:

Losman lights up the Bengals for 300+ yards and 3 TD's and we win big against a team that is 0 - 3 on the road and has a horrible defense and all kinds of turmoil right now.

Then we go down to Miami and Losman has another good game statwise against the the lowly Dolfellon.

So we are 5-4 entering a monster game against what could be the 9 - 0 New England Patriots and are destroyed at home with Losman having on of the worst games of his career.

Coming of that loss we stick with Losman as we travel to Washington and Jacksonville in consecutive weeks - two teams with very aggressive, complex defenses that will be contending for playoffs spots as well - so the bottom line is do we really think the result is going to be any different this year? No way Losman wins either of those games and it's right back to square one when we are 5 - 7 heading into the final 4 games of the season and then turn back to Edwards to finish the year and he probably goes 3 - 1 and we finish 8 - 8.

So if this does play out and Losman loses 3 straight - he will have truly blown his last chance as a starting QB - can the Losman homers at least concede to this as a plausible scenario given his history?

~The Answer
Yes I am with you on this.

TacklingDummy
10-30-2007, 01:19 PM

If that happens I will be starting a thread titled...

"Congratulations JP Losman"

"You have just moved past Rob Johnson for wins as the Bills starting QB. Granted it took you 4 more starts but you did it. Congrats."

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 01:37 PM
If Losman plays really well against Cincy I would definately continue to play him. Why not?
1)he's not our future. Time to devlop our future.
2) I doubt he trusts our coaches anymore.
3) I'm sure he doesn't want to play for a team that keeps rebuilding every year.
4) Ralphy won't go for that.
5) His voice is too squeeky.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 01:39 PM
1)he's not our future. Time to devlop our future.
2) I doubt he trusts our coaches anymore.
3) I'm sure he doesn't want to play for a team that keeps rebuilding every year.
4) Ralphy won't go for that.
5) His voice is too squeeky.

lol, I especially loved the last part. ;)

bflojohn
10-30-2007, 01:40 PM
By the way, how did JP do against the Patriots, The Answer? Well, while I was watching the telecast, the first offensive play he got injured, and tried to tough it out and got sacked and was lost for the entire game... virtually! I'd say he didn't fare real well, but in my mind, it was due to injury or did I miss something here!!

The Answer
10-30-2007, 02:27 PM
By the way, how did JP do against the Patriots, The Answer? Well, while I was watching the telecast, the first offensive play he got injured, and tried to tough it out and got sacked and was lost for the entire game... virtually! I'd say he didn't fare real well, but in my mind, it was due to injury or did I miss something here!!

When has Losman ever played a good game against the Pats?

~The Answer

Oaf
10-30-2007, 06:34 PM

~The Answer

If Losman goes 1-4 over that stretch, I'll be ready to turn the reins over permanently. Anything better than that, and it'll depend on who he beats, and how he plays in the losses. Personally, I think we'll go 3-2 with wins against Cinnci, Miami, and the Jaguars.

patmoran2006
10-30-2007, 07:44 PM
The funny part is that I think Edwards is fine with sitting on the bench.

I hope Losman plays on Sunday.
I Totally agree. Edwards already has more experience than he anticpated, and he'll be better prepared to be a starter next year (which he will be)

F it.. Let Losman play out the string.. I hope he plays GREAT too, so that the remaining members of the board who dont already know what a duechebag Ralph Wilson is will have NO CHOICE but to see it.

acehole
10-30-2007, 07:47 PM
I will give you one worse then that. We put our future QB in a bad spot and ask him to do to much and ruin his confidence while he gets beat like a pinata and possibly injured. Get him some help for next year while he learns the system and heals that wrist and improves his arm strength and gains more confidence. Then year after next we will be ready for the pats when T Bradys best year will be behind him. Trent had a hard time at NY what makes you think NE, Was, or Jacksonville or Miami for that mater will be "W" for him? If you support TE it would seem you would want to put him in the best situation to succeed. I dont think the rest of the team is going to just sit around until T Edwards learns how not to throw picks..as Evidenced by Witner, Evans and other core/ket veterans. That will not be a good situation for anyone.

~The Answer

acehole
10-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Question for the Answer? Did any of you scratch NE as a win pre season? Payton Manning will have his hands full that game...lets be fair.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
I Totally agree. Edwards already has more experience than he anticpated, and he'll be better prepared to be a starter next year (which he will be)

F it.. Let Losman play out the string.. I hope he plays GREAT too, so that the remaining members of the board who dont already know what a duechebag Ralph Wilson is will have NO CHOICE but to see it.

And what will you do if that happens and JP gets a big contract?

Remember, you said no more FAs after Kelsay signed, as matter of fact you guarenteed it.

Ralph is not the cheap douche you make him out to be. No matter how many times people have proven it to you.

TheBrownBear
10-30-2007, 09:53 PM
I will give you another scenario. Later this week the Bills announce that they are placing Trent Edwards on season ending IR for his day-to-day wrist injury. Their explanation will be that this is standard operating procedure for all rookies, regardless of the severity of the injury.

Against Cincinatti, Losman suffers a season ending injury on the opening kickoff when he is run into by special teams ace Leon Joe. The Bills turn to third string emergency qb/rb Fred Jackson who leads us to a 16-13 victory despite never attempting a single pass. Lynch is named MVP after running for 156 yards on 45 carries, thus continuing his string of sub 4.0/ypc outings. Ironically, the game is won by the Bills in the final seconds on our lone pass attempt of the game: a 78 yard reverse-option TD pass from Roscoe Parrish to Lee Evans.

Following the game, a small minority of fans loudly complain about Jackson's qb performance despite playing solidly in the caretaker role. The campaign for Roscoe Parrish as the starting qb begins in earnest, due to his ability to throw the long ball and "finish" drives with TDs.

The controversy seems settled on Wed when Marv Levy re-signs Craig Nall for a 12th time after he is released by the Texans. Shockingly, just as things seem settled, Jauron announces that RB Fred Jackson will remain his starter at QB going forward. Chris Mortensen reports that this decision came from the top down, as Ralph Wilson allegedly wanted to avoid paying Nall the $15,000 incentives he was due if he started for the Bills. Reports surface that Ralph wants to use that money for customizing his new parking space at the LA Coliseum, where the Bills are rumored to be heading following this now final season in Buffalo.

Bills players officially rename themselves the "Dollar Bills" and vow to make the most of their tattered season in spite of their miserly owner. For many of these guys, a bunch of has beens and never were's, this is their last shot at a winner. The Bills remarkably begin to pile up win after win and even primadonna star receiver Lee Evans gets on board after teammates threaten to cut his balls off and shove em down his throat.

The season climaxes with a stunning victory over the Patriots in the divisonal playoffs. Wild Thing John DiGeorgio is named MVP after knocking Tom Brady out of the game with a vicious and penalized blow to the head....

BADTHINGSMAN
10-31-2007, 12:26 AM
I dont care who is QB those FG's need to be turned into TD's or the Bills will lose no matter who is at QB..