PDA

View Full Version : On QB controversy, real easy question

X-Era
10-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Who scores more points? JP or TE?

Its simple and easy. This team is one of the worst in the league at scoring. We can beat teams like the Jets with 1 TD, but how in the hell will we EVER beat NE or Indy when we cant score?

I swear this arguement is so familiar to me. We can move the ball all over the field but if you cant score, you cant win consistently.

Can TE become a point scorer? I would say without a doubt. He has proven he can get us into the red zone, at that point he only has to throw 20 yards to score.

Is JP a better option for scoring points? Well, you can argue that his ability to throw deep prevents teams from stacking the line and opens up the run. But, spreading the ball around even in the shorter game does the same thing.

The only part that makes this a hard decision is that TE didnt get into the endzone, JP comes in and had two good shots, one of which did.

I can only see the Bills starting JP again if they truly believe hes a better option to score points. If they think Trent and the running game can get just as many points, they stick with Trent.

I would argue that Id rather manage 90% of the game better than hit the 2% of throws that are long in a game. I say stick with Trent.

However, I will also say this. If Trent doesnt improve his ability to throw TD's by years end, I think we may just look at a QB in the draft.

The Answer
10-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Who scores more points? JP or TE?

Its simple and easy. This team is one of the worst in the league at scoring. We can beat teams like the Jets with 1 TD, but how in the hell will we EVER beat NE or Indy when we cant score?

I swear this arguement is so familiar to me. We can move the ball all over the field but if you cant score, you cant win consistently.

Can TE become a point scorer? I would say without a doubt. He has proven he can get us into the red zone, at that point he only has to throw 20 yards to score.

Is JP a better option for scoring points? Well, you can argue that his ability to throw deep prevents teams from stacking the line and opens up the run. But, spreading the ball around even in the shorter game does the same thing.

The only part that makes this a hard decision is that TE didnt get into the endzone, JP comes in and had two good shots, one of which did.

I can only see the Bills starting JP again if they truly believe hes a better option to score points. If they think Trent and the running game can get just as many points, they stick with Trent.

I would argue that Id rather manage 90% of the game better than hit the 2% of throws that are long in a game. I say stick with Trent.

However, I will also say this. If Trent doesnt improve his ability to throw TD's by years end, I think we may just look at a QB in the draft.

We aren't looking at a QB in the 2008 draft unless it's in the 5th round or later. And if we trade Losman we'll likely sign a veteran anyway to back up Edwards.

Edwards has started 4 games - you can't expect the TD passes to come in bunches just yet. But it all starts with the play calling and right now it's predictable and vanilla. So until the Corpse and his henchman change things up expect the crap over and over again - scoring TD's on big passing plays, but failing to score TD's inside the 20.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 12:26 PM
We aren't looking at a QB in the 2008 draft unless it's in the 5th round or later.
Unless the FO finds a Qb that falls in the draft that they've graded high. ;)

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 12:55 PM
If Losman starts and scores points against Cincy than he should continue to start.

I think Edwards isn't too worried about how things will play out.

Every interview with Edwards makes me realize that he knows he will be a starter in this league sooner or later. IF jP comes in and plays well I think he'll be happy for the team.

His attitude after JP threw the TD pass was pretty high, unlike the other way around.

Typ0
10-30-2007, 01:39 PM
If Losman starts and scores points against Cincy than he should continue to start.

I think Edwards isn't too worried about how things will play out.

Every interview with Edwards makes me realize that he knows he will be a starter in this league sooner or later. IF jP comes in and plays well I think he'll be happy for the team.

His attitude after JP threw the TD pass was pretty high, unlike the other way around.

so we should go with Lossman because he needs to be babied and coddled and Edwards will take it fine?

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Why'd you change your name to EdwardsEra? :mad:

You're going to see come Sunday that the JPD is still alive and well.

shelby
10-30-2007, 01:56 PM
By all accounts, Jauron has declared Trent the starter for the remainder of the '07 season, and he will stick to that. JP will play this weekend if Trent is unable to go.

Now, if JP does well, things may get interesting.

Trent is a rookie who is still learning the ropes. i believe he has the ability to score points, he just needs more exposure to the game.

JP has been inconsistent at best, especially when he's not allowed to move out of the pocket, but his long bombs are a thing of beauty.

Neither QB will be our saviour this year. If we make the playoffs, it will be due to our defense.

And those of you who prefer one QB over the other, please stop bashing the QB you don't prefer. They are both members of our team, and should be respected as such, whether or not they are the starting QB.