PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings: ESPN "Losman's underthrown pass should have been picked off"

The Answer
10-30-2007, 12:58 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgOvujUP1dulEBQhRR392L5DubYF?slug=nflpowerpollwhowillbeblu&prov=tsn&type=lgns

<TABLE class=VTStandardTable><TBODY><TR class=VTStandardTableEven><TD>22. Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/;_ylt=AgPMPxRlrkO8CK3PM5ER0tQ.ubYF)</TD><TD>3-4 </TD><TD>(22) </TD></TR><TR class=VTStandardTableOdd><TD colSpan=3>Considering all of the injuries and a challenging early schedule, Dick Jauron is coaching the heck out of this team</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2007&week=9

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=evenrow align=left><TD>http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/buf.gif</TD><TD>22 (25)</TD><TD>Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf)</TD><TD width=50>3-4-0</TD><TD>Don't get too excited about J.P. Losman's performance in relief of an injured Trent Edwards on Sunday. Yes, he had the 85-yard TD pass to Lee Evans, but that ball was underthrown and should've been picked off

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

<TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgHigh onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';" align=middle><TD align=middle>17</TD><TD noWrap align=left>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NFL/TeamLogo/Small/2.gif (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2) Bills (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2)</TD><TD align=middle>24</TD><TD align=middle>(+7)</TD><TD align=middle>17/31</TD><TD align=left>J.P. Losman played the role of reliever on Sunday, replacing an injured Trent Edwards and leading Buffalo to a hard-fought 13-3 win over the Jets in New Jersey. Buffalo's defense — banged up and ravaged by injuries — held New York to just three points and sacked Chad Pennington three times. After replacing an ineffective Pennington late in the fourth quarter, they intercepted Kellen Clemens twice. The play of the game came on a wild 85-yard touchdown pass and catch with Lee Evans. "We both kind of had it," Evans said after the game. "I figure once it's in my hands, it's mine. I tried to be as strong to the ball as possible." Buffalo's now 3-4, and despite a slew of injuries and inexperienced players getting significant playing time, the Bills still have a flickering playoff pulse.

Team: Home (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2) | Stats (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamStats?statsId=2) | Fantasy (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamFantasyNews?statsId=2)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

~The Answer

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Ofcourse when ESPN says something that you like they are once again a reliable source.

don137
10-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Stupid freakin thread and post. How many throws have the potential to be intercepted but aren't. Typical ESPN and typical posters just trying to stir the pot.

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 01:05 PM
shoulda , woulda, coulda.

BTW, it's ESPN. I'll take PFT as far as credibility goes.

The Answer
10-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Ofcourse when ESPN says something that you like they are once again a reliable source.

Look - The Answer gives credit to Losman for the Parrish throw because upon further examination it was a great pass and the little fella didn't make the catch.

But the Evans throw was very dangerous - and could have easily been picked off and returned for a TD by the jets. It was a lucky play that went our way and credit Evans for turning into a TD.

~The Answer

BAM
10-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Several of those throws by Tom Brady to Randy Moss should've been picked off too. He's even caught a couple in TRIPLE coverage. Sometimes you just gotta throw it up to your receiver and let them make a play. It's been done throughout the history of the NFL. Get over it people.

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Several Sometimes you just gotta throw it up to your receiver and let them make a play. It's been done throughout the history of the NFL. Get over it people.

Jumpballs saved this franchise. Flutie to Moulds.

Yasgur's Farm
10-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Aren't you the one saying the Pats loss was credited to JP and the Jets win is credited to Trent? Don't try to throw technicalities back my friend... JP was 3 for 5 (60%) for 113 yds (22.6 yds/att), 1 td (20%), 0 int's, 143.8 pr

Sometimes you just gotta make your own luck. Live with it!!

The Answer
10-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Aren't you the one saying the Pats loss was credited to JP and the Jets win is credited to Trent? Don't try to throw technicalities back my friend... JP was 3 for 5 (60%) for 113 yds (22.6 yds/att), 1 td (20%), 0 int's, 143.8 pr

Sometimes you just gotta make your own luck. Live with it!!

Losman lost the pats game because he started and the pats scored to make it 3 - 0 before Edwards came in.

Edwards is credited with the jets win because it was tied when he left but even The Answer will give Losman credit for scoring 10 points in the 4th quarter.

Bottom line it could have easily been 10 - 6 Jets if that horrible pass to Evans was Intercepted.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Losman lost the pats game because he started and the pats scored to make it 3 - 0 before Edwards came in.

Edwards is credited with the jets win because it was tied when he left but even The Answer will give Losman credit for scoring 10 points in the 4th quarter.

Bottom line it could have easily been 10 - 6 Jets if that horrible pass to Evans was Intercepted.

~The Answer

haha! :roflmao:

You've been reading too many of Philagape's posts. :homer:

Philagape
10-30-2007, 01:25 PM

You've been reading too many of Philagape's posts.

THAT's the ultimate insult!!! Low blow!! :mad:

;)

Ed
10-30-2007, 01:26 PM

~The Answer
And I'm sure if that "horrible pass" was intercepted, and we lossed, you would credit Edwards with the loss since he was the starter. Right?

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Look - The Answer gives credit to Losman for the Parrish throw because upon further examination it was a great pass and the little fella didn't make the catch.

But the Evans throw was very dangerous - and could have easily been picked off and returned for a TD by the jets. It was a lucky play that went our way and credit Evans for turning into a TD.

~The Answer

Did the end justify the means?

Any pass has the potential to be intercepted. Evans and Losman have hooked up like this before, this was not a lucky pass.

How any "Bills fan" could say that the game winning pass was horrible, is just absolutely beyond me. I can't comprehend where they are coming from.

The Answer
10-30-2007, 01:27 PM

You've been reading too many of Philagape's posts. :homer:

The Answer don't make the NFL rule books - we aren't talking baseball here when a reliever comes in during a tie game and is credited with the win/loss.

Edwards is 3 - 1 as a starter as a rookie

Losman 8 - 19 in 4 years.

These are the facts my friend.

~The Answer

TacklingDummy
10-30-2007, 01:28 PM
And I'm sure if that "horrible pass" was intercepted, and we lossed, you would credit Edwards with the loss since he was the starter. Right?

Correct. ***edited for tos- no need to disparage posters who disagree with you***

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 01:28 PM
The Answer don't make the NFL rule books - we aren't talking baseball here when a reliever comes in during a tie game and is credited with the win/loss.

~The Answer

haha!

ArcticWildMan
10-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Several of those throws by Tom Brady to Randy Moss should've been picked off too. He's even caught a couple in TRIPLE coverage. Sometimes you just gotta throw it up to your receiver and let them make a play. It's been done throughout the history of the NFL. Get over it people.

Good point. If a QB has built up a chemistry with a receiver he will take that chance with the confidence his guy will make the play. It's obvious that JP and Evans have such a chemistry (I would EXPECT that chemistry to be there since they have been teammates from day one). The thing that kills me is that Evans appears to be killing any chance at chemistry between himself and Edwards. Until Edwards feels confident in Evans, I doubt you'll see very many 85 yard plays like JP had.

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 01:29 PM
I think we have a plan is place. Start Trent for 1 snap and let JP come in and finish the job. Trent can control the clock but when we need to score , we bring JP in. Trent will have all those w's.

Philagape
10-30-2007, 01:30 PM
I emphatically and categorically disavow any and all similarities, perceived or otherwise, to the Answer's posts. I bear no responsibility for them and in fact run from them in shame faster than Roscoe Parrish. :baghead:

Captain gameboy
10-30-2007, 01:30 PM
If that play is executed by the Pats or Cowboys, ESPN doesn't mention the throw, but claims Lee is an all pro.

If Favre makes the throw, they claim it was perfectly underthrown, and Brett is the only one in the league who could ever make it.

Philagape
10-30-2007, 01:31 PM
If that play is executed by the Pats or Cowboys, ESPN doesn't mention the throw, but claims Lee is an all pro.

eh if it had been Brady, he throws it, catches it and kicks the extra point. And it counts for 14.

Captain gameboy
10-30-2007, 01:33 PM
eh if it had been Brady, he throws it, catches it and kicks the extra point. And it counts for 14.

If Bruschi was involved, they would say it was dropped from heaven by Jesus himself in recognition of Teddy's supernatural skills.

TacklingDummy
10-30-2007, 01:34 PM
It's obvious that JP and Evans have such a chemistry (I would EXPECT that chemistry to be there since they have been teammates from day one).

Chemistry that has resulted in 6 Rec, 126 yards, 1 TD this year. That encludes the 85 yard gift for a TD against the Jets.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 01:35 PM
So if the game was tied, then why does Edwards get credit? That's like him leaving when the score is still 0-0. Maybe, I'm wrong but that doesn't make much sense to me.

Yasgur's Farm
10-30-2007, 02:13 PM

~The AnswerAnd the NFL rule book credits JP and Lee Evans with a TD last week... FACT!!!

The Answer
10-30-2007, 02:23 PM

Yes Edwards would have officially been credited with the loss - but it would have been Losman that blew it.

~The Answer

Ed
10-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Correct. The only people who are bias here are the Losman Fellatios.
So being 2-2 instead of 3-1 would somehow make him a little less capable as a starter then right? Even though he was on the sideline with a bandage on his arm while a tie game was being decided.

It's funny how you can have a 53 man team sport where the only guy on the team that gets credited with wins and losses is the guy who takes the very first snap of the game regardless of what they actually do.

Ed
10-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Yes Edwards would have officially been credited with the loss - but it would have been Losman that blew it.

~The Answer
So then why even bring up a qb's starting record if the result isn't even always in his hands? Why try and use it as the most important measuring stick for a qb?

The Answer
10-30-2007, 02:33 PM
So then why even bring up a qb's starting record if the result isn't even always in his hands? Why try and use it as the most important measuring stick for a qb?

So you are saying that wins and losses aren't the most important statistic for a starting QB?

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I am really figuring out why this board has been blowing so much lately.

The guy posts 3 ranking from three different sources and half of you get your panties in a wad because one of them says the pass was bad.

News Flash: it was a bad pass with a good result.

Don't shoot the messenger because anybody with eyes can figure it out.

This is why no one likes to post stuff here.

I'd like to see half of you guys that spend all day whinning actually start a thread that is worth a crap.

I thought it was great to have the media notice that Jauron has a team showing up every week.

The Answer
10-30-2007, 02:41 PM
I am really figuring out why this board has been blowing so much lately.

The guy posts 3 ranking from three different sources and half of you get your panties in a wad because one of them says the pass was bad.

News Flash: it was a bad pass with a good result.

Don't shoot the messenger because anybody with eyes can figure it out.

This is why no one likes to post stuff here.

I'd like to see half of you guys that spend all day whinning actually start a thread that is worth a crap.

I thought it was great to have the media notice that Jauron has a team showing up every week.

Exactly - ESPN and just about every other sports authority across the country have stated the same facts yet the Losman homers want to give their hero all the credit.

Bottom line we won the game and Evans made a great play of an ill advised throw.

~The Answer

BlackMetalNinja
10-30-2007, 02:42 PM
I counter with this from ESPN's Tuesday Morning Quarterback then...

"Brett Favre's 82-yard game-winning touchdown pass on the first snap of overtime was an example of the fine line between a great play and a bonehead play. Favre heave-hoed toward a guy who was covered pretty well, and the football gods, still smarting about the cheerleaders, smiled on the visiting team. J.P. Losman's late 85-yard game-icing touchdown Sunday at Jersey/B was another example: a deep heave-ho to a guy who was double-covered in that case. Both passes, as they left the quarterback's hands, were as likely to be disastrous interceptions as highlight-reel touchdowns."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/071030

BlackMetalNinja
10-30-2007, 02:43 PM
It is indeed a fine line, but honestly what does our team have to lose by going for that play? You're acting like an INT there costs us the playoffs... when in fact, it may not have even cost us the game...

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I counter with this from ESPN's Tuesday Morning Quarterback then...

"Brett Favre's 82-yard game-winning touchdown pass on the first snap of overtime was an example of the fine line between a great play and a bonehead play. Favre heave-hoed toward a guy who was covered pretty well, and the football gods, still smarting about the cheerleaders, smiled on the visiting team. J.P. Losman's late 85-yard game-icing touchdown Sunday at Jersey/B was another example: a deep heave-ho to a guy who was double-covered in that case. Both passes, as they left the quarterback's hands, were as likely to be disastrous interceptions as highlight-reel touchdowns."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/071030

This guy is frickin insane. Did you watch the Packers game? Favre threw an unbelievable pass and his receiver even said "that the game is a matter of inches and he had his guy beat by a few inches."

By the way the got he beat was Bly.

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Chemistry that has resulted in 6 Rec, 126 yards, 1 TD this year. That encludes the 85 yard gift for a TD against the Jets.
that's the coaches fault :up:

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 02:51 PM
This guy is frickin insane. Did you watch the Packers game? Favre threw an unbelievable pass and his receiver even said "that the game is a matter of inches and he had his guy beat by a few inches."

By the way the got he beat was Bly.

Does this look anything like JP's pass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC4ntF44SjM

kernowboy
10-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Whilst Edwards may be 3-1 that's 3 wins for the D.

Edwards has 1 TD and 5 Ints and I wonder what all the excitement is about.

Unless you want to put all the blame on the conservative calling of Fairchild, Edwards scares no-one

Losman scares everyone including his own team but he offers one thing that Edwards at the moment - the big play which turns the game on its head

Yes the pass might have been intercepted, but are the Bills into winning games or are we simply do all we can to not lose them? We took a roll of the dice and it worked. It should have worked twice. Next week it might be intercepted instead, but if we are going to have another losing season lets go down guns blazing than with the tail between our legs

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 03:03 PM

Unless you want to put all the blame on the conservative calling of Fairchild, Edwards scares no-one

Losman scares everyone including his own team but he offers one thing that Edwards at the moment - the big play which turns the game on its head

Yes the pass might have been intercepted, but are the Bills into winning games or are we simply do all we can to not lose them? We took a roll of the dice and it worked. It should have worked twice. Next week it might be intercepted instead, but if we are going to have another losing season lets go down guns blazing than with the tail between our legs

Winning sucks. I'd rather lose with JP's arm glowing red from deep errant throws.

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 03:05 PM

WORD!

Yasgur's Farm
10-30-2007, 03:38 PM
The guy posts 3 ranking from three different sources and half of you get your panties in a wad because one of them says the pass was bad.Just as "The Answer" intended with this thread... That's evident by the title.

Ed
10-30-2007, 03:40 PM
So you are saying that wins and losses aren't the most important statistic for a starting QB?

~The Answer
That's the problem. Wins and losses aren't a qb statistic, they're a team statistic.

TacklingDummy
10-30-2007, 04:03 PM
That's the problem. Wins and losses aren't a qb statistic, they're a team statistic.

And the team plays better when which QB starts?

0-3
3-1

You pick.

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 04:12 PM

0-3
3-1

You pick.

Do we include a list of the teams played or not?

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 04:16 PM

0-3
3-1

You pick.
offensively or defensively?

Devin
10-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I wouldnt get all pissy about it, love or hate the Bills its a true statement.

Im glad we scored, Im glad we won, and I could careless who is QB so long as the best option is out there.

For once the Bills got lucky simple as that. That was a terrible throw, we are simply lucky the Jets are so inept and that Evans got the better angle. That TD didnt have to much to do with Losman apart he just so happened to be behind Center.

tat2dmike77
10-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Who gives a s**t about power rankings? Really what do they prove? Absolutly nothing at all except the fact that people who don't watch football buy into them.

And ESPN comment about the pass should of been picked off. Thats just bull crap. If it would of been tom brady in that same play they would all be saying how great of a throw it was and how awesome moss is for ripping the ball away. ESPN needs to get bent and sit on a cactus and rotate.

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 04:21 PM
And I still say the Evans pass was the football God's making up for Roscoe dropping the other pass.

Karma is powerful.

BAM
10-30-2007, 07:09 PM
And I still say the Evans pass was the football God's making up for Roscoe dropping the other pass.

Karma is powerful.

Possibly. Anyway you spin it, it was a touchdown. Spell it.. T-O-U-C-H-D-O-W-N

TOUCHDOWN! WOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo!

Bill Brasky
10-30-2007, 07:55 PM

Post of the week!

Wys Guy
10-30-2007, 08:48 PM
<TABLE class=VTStandardTable><TBODY><TR class=VTStandardTableEven><TD>22. Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/;_ylt=AgPMPxRlrkO8CK3PM5ER0tQ.ubYF)</TD><TD>3-4 </TD><TD>(22) </TD></TR><TR class=VTStandardTableOdd><TD colSpan=3>Considering all of the injuries and a challenging early schedule, Dick Jauron is coaching the heck out of this team</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

More ignorance from the media. We haven't lost a single impact player on offense. In fact, do we have any offensive injuries at all besides Price who shouldn't even be on this team?

Yet, our offense, w/ JP or Edwards irrespective, is performing to a fraction of last season's pathetic O.

Defensively it's nice to be able to play the injury card as an excuse, but who of much impact is hurt? Poz was still a question mark and rookie who showed promise but had hardly attained to cornerstone of a solid defense.

Where does luck or fortune factor in? I mean how many games are the Bills gonna play continually allowing well over 300 net yards of offense, very often over 400 or very close to it, and be considered good just because our opponents don't take us seriously and make stupid mistakes and errors on a weekly basis?

We have no offensive injuries worthy of note and our O is challenging for the league's worst. And these clowns want to give Jauron credit?

Yeah, whatever.

Jauron is certainly coaching something out of this team, but it's the life of it.

I wonder what the same sources at ESPN are gonna say when Dickie gets the axe.

SABURZFAN
10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Correct. ***edited for tos- no need to disparage posters who disagree with you***

:laughter:

this is laughable.looks like favoritism IS running rampant in here.

SABURZFAN
10-30-2007, 09:00 PM

0-3
3-1

You pick.

isn't funny how the tools refuse to answer?

Just Pathetic........ :shakeno:

YardRat
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Helluva play by Evans, no doubt.

TacklingDummy
10-31-2007, 07:57 AM

But they say they only care about winning and not personal stats.

Night Train
10-31-2007, 08:03 AM
The same could be said for the Terry Bradshaw bomb that Lynn Swann turned into a highlight for the ages in SB X .

ESPN should call him out.

justasportsfan
10-31-2007, 09:01 AM
offensively or defensively?

I agree :snicker:

Ed
10-31-2007, 10:05 AM

0-3
3-1

You pick.
So if Edwards had taken the first snap in the NE game the team would have played better? Does the fact that two of the three wins have been against the lowly Jets matter?

I guess we should cut our ties with Poz also since he's now 0-3 as a starting MLB and Di Giorgio is 3-1.

Ed
10-31-2007, 10:11 AM

I guess this is directed towards me. I don't avoid questions I'm just not online all day.

Jan Reimers
10-31-2007, 10:26 AM
ESPN'S premise is ridiculous. We should have beaten Dallas and Denver, too, but ifs, buts and maybes really don't count.

SABURZFAN
10-31-2007, 05:07 PM
I guess this is directed towards me. I don't avoid questions I'm just not online all day.

sorry Ed but this is the first time time that i noticed you.that comment wasn't directed individually at you.it was directed at a poster who is "just a jerkoff."