PDA

View Full Version : Losman to start against Bengals (merged)

Devin
10-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Via V-coach.

Slim
10-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Just got that too. I wonder what the circumstances are.

Devin
10-30-2007, 04:46 PM
I think it said Trent Edwards was still injured. Must be more serious then expected. Who knows.

This maybe his last shot so JP better run with it.

circlethewagons
10-30-2007, 04:46 PM
according to Buffalobills.com Jauron said edwards wont be able to practice until late in the week

“J.P. Losman will start Sunday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Trent Edwards’ wrist will prevent him from participating until late in the week, if at all.” Coach Jauron will take questions from the media on Wednesday during his normal media availability at 2:30 p.m.

mchurchfie
10-30-2007, 04:47 PM
I wonder what the circumstances are.He has to clean up Buffalo this Saturday.:D

shelby
10-30-2007, 04:51 PM
i hope JP has a solid game.
i wish TE a speedy recovery.

:gobills:

YardRat
10-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Not surprising, considering the size of the ice-pack TE was sporting in the fourth quarter against the Jets.

JJamezz
10-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Good, I was hoping it would play out this way.

Hopefully this is a large step toward putting all the controversy s**t to bed already. JP's got a great chance to have a big day against a weak D.

Assuming the decision to start Trent isn't set in stone.. who knows with this flaky ass coaching staff.. the ball is in JP's court, and come Sunday its really all up to him.

patmoran2006
10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm not happy about this.
I want continuity with Edwards back there.

I hope Losman plays well. This aint about the QB controversy right now, its about winning 2 of the next 3 (miami and NE) and being at 5-5 with at least a "lookie" at playoff possibilities.

shelby
10-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Pat, if TE can't even practice til the end of the week, there's no way Jauron can start him.

Let JP take his shot this weekend, and see if Jauron sticks with TE as his starter in week 10 vs. the lowly Fish.

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 05:06 PM
I think JP is the better qb for this opponent(just like I believe Edwards was for the Ravens)...I can see this turning into a shootout game, and his abilities are better suited for that. I like our chances

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 05:08 PM

Hopefully this is a large step toward putting all the controversy s**t to bed already. JP's got a great chance to have a big day against a weak D.

Assuming the decision to start Trent isn't set in stone.. who knows with this flaky ass coaching staff.. the ball is in JP's court, and come Sunday its really all up to him.
you know,I know and cincy knows he's gonna look for Evans. The thing is, Jp has learned that TOP is a big thing . I say he dinks and dunks to show the coaches he can do it too if Fairchild doesn't call for Lynch to carry the ball 50 times.

acehole
10-30-2007, 05:08 PM
i hope JP has a solid game.
i wish TE a speedy recovery.

Sorry to say if he doesnt do well against the Bengals pass deffense there is a problem. Chad Johnson will have to be contained...so blitzing early and often will help rattle the qb...a side of that if I were them I would run the ball all day...we cant really stop it yet. Time to get the young WR's some work in this game.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 05:09 PM
I think this opens up the running game for us. No one is afraid of Edwards when it comes to the deep ball so they can stack the box. With Losman they have to respect his ability to hit Evans deep so in theory it should open up some holes for Lynch.

SquishDaFish
10-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Lynch will have a big day this week watch and see.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Come on JP! Light it up baby, I know you can!! :pray:

patmoran2006
10-30-2007, 05:30 PM
I think this opens up the running game for us. No one is afraid of Edwards when it comes to the deep ball so they can stack the box. With Losman they have to respect his ability to hit Evans deep so in theory it should open up some holes for Lynch.
I think you're wrong. VERY wrong.

THey'll do what Denver and Pittsburgh did already this year. They will literally TAKE EVANS away from going deep by dropping a safety on him EVERY play. And they will make Losman beat them with accurate short and intermediate passes.

They will overplay Evans more with JP than with Edwards, because JP cant' consistently throw anywhere else.

I hope the Bills shut Cinci down, but I want Edwards back next week.

SABURZFAN
10-30-2007, 05:30 PM
I think it said Trent Edwards was still injured. Must be more serious then expected. Who knows.

someone told me that they heard that Edwards had a hairline fracture in his wrist.don't know if it's true or not.

Meathead
10-30-2007, 05:31 PM
as expected

but this is terrific because now we should be able to put the fairness issue to rest, which was bugging me quite a bit. a sprained wrist on the throwing hand is unlikely to heal fully in six days meaning jp probably has two games to try to get his job back. both are against poor defenses and its a nice home/away combo so that variable is factored in. the offense doesnt have that new car smell anymore so everything is in order. all excuses out the door and he gets the same kind of cake setup that the savior got

if jp does well and looks in command it would be crazy to put a mistake prone rookie back in there. if you have a vet qb playing well you ride him as long as you can and then if you like look to deal him next fall

frankly i expect that to happen and if dick loses his mind and puts edwards back in under those circumstances im goin to obd and whoop his skeletor ass myself

its been like a hollywood movie around here lately. couldnt script it any better. just dont blow your lines jp

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 05:32 PM
someone told me that they heard that Edwards had a hairline fracture in his wrist.don't know if it's true or not.
So will you cheer for the Bills this week? Or now that Losmans here do you hope we do poorly :biggrin:

acehole
10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm not happy about this.
I want continuity with Edwards back there.

I hope Losman plays well. This aint about the QB controversy right now, its about winning 2 of the next 3 (miami and NE) and being at 5-5 with at least a "lookie" at playoff possibilities.

Whats not be happy about. Our "Starter" is injured...our #2 is starting in place of him. As far as # 2's go JP is a capable back up to the mighty TE. Miami will probably be a win and NE will probably be a loss whomever was at QB. Cinci is another story...we should be able to move the ball against that Defense......but can we stop Chad Johnson and TJ in the seam...or the run?
That is why they play and we watch...and come here and talk about it.

STAMPY
10-30-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm rooting for JP. I was pro, the edwards decision. But i support the QB. If JP shows me the fire in his eye. The anger at fact he lost his job. I'll respect that. And if he shows it his performance. I will support him staying QB. I never hated JP. Just questioned his mind with his decision making. Too many incomplete passes that led to 3 n outs. I never dissed his arm strength. JP this is your opportunity... Prove us wrong. Buffalo will welcome you with open arms if you right the ship.

chernobylwraiths
10-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Not surprising, considering the size of the ice-pack TE was sporting in the fourth quarter against the Jets.

I thought that was just his wrist.

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Well I agree with JJ that this the end to the QB controversy. JP can't ***** if he plays like crap again.

I'll root for him to have a big game but nobody can complain that it's not fair anymore.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Well I agree with JJ that this the end to the QB controversy. JP can't ***** if he plays like crap again.

I'll root for him to have a big game but nobody can complain that it's not fair anymore.No doubt about it. Losman has another chance to prove that he is the better player. What's really going to be interesting is if Losman comes out and has a game like he had against Houston last year. Next week will be chaos around here.

chernobylwraiths
10-30-2007, 06:05 PM
No doubt about it. Losman has another chance to prove that he is the better player. What's really going to be interesting is if Losman comes out and has a game like he had against Houston last year. Next week will be chaos around here.

I vividly remember the telegraphed TD he threw to that Houston DB.

Just sayin. :D

acehole
10-30-2007, 06:11 PM

That is a very familiar thought.

acehole
10-30-2007, 06:13 PM
I thought that was just his wrist.

Also reporting a bruised ego sufferd againt the jets.

I Hate Aqua Green
10-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Good...I like Trent a lot but in this particular game...against the Bungles wretched D...JP can post big numbers and I think we can pile up points...We'll see.

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Go Bills!!!!!!!

Let's hope for a victory this week, whether it is Edwards, JP or Hamdan at QB.

Meathead
10-30-2007, 06:22 PM
i will be sure to cleat my cane in case they need me to go in

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 06:24 PM
i will be sure to cleat my cane in case they need me to go in

Well, you would be more mobile than Bledsoe.............

acehole
10-30-2007, 06:27 PM
If they do that we can hit the TE or pariish in the vacated spot be the Saftey all day. Up to Fairchild to call the game.

I think you're wrong. VERY wrong.

THey'll do what Denver and Pittsburgh did already this year. They will literally TAKE EVANS away from going deep by dropping a safety on him EVERY play. And they will make Losman beat them with accurate short and intermediate passes.

They will overplay Evans more with JP than with Edwards, because JP cant' consistently throw anywhere else.

I hope the Bills shut Cinci down, but I want Edwards back next week.

DraftBoy
10-30-2007, 06:33 PM
So does this mean Gibril will become the #2??

GIBRIL BALL!!!

HAMMER
10-30-2007, 06:34 PM
I really hate the internet. It was so much better in the good old days when I didn't subject myself to constant bickering and whining about every little move the Bills made. It never ends, I want to slit my wrists, and some others throats.

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 06:37 PM
JP plays for the Bills. All of the *****ing about Fairchild isn't going to change the fact that JP still has to execute the gameplan.

Just curious how effective JP will be when they have all of the coverage playing off and he'll be forced to throw underneath.

Do you really think that Marvin Lewis is just going to let Lee Evans run around unattended so JP can throw "bombs" all afternoon?

I think there is enough tape of Denver and Pittsburgh taking the deep ball away.

This game scared me before Edwards got hurt. I'm thinking that this a terrible matchup for us.

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2007, 06:44 PM

But see this won't help the controversy at all. If he has a great game against a s**ty D then that doesn't prove anything.... Now, if he s**ts the bed against a crappy D, then that *will* help the controversy.

acehole
10-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Indeed. I am just saying when you double team you leave some other area unatended or one on one some place else. It is up to JP or Fairchild the use that. Shanahan is a master at that. We will hopfully take what that give us. Lynch will need half of the deffense for him alone. You have to contend with parish deep also. What about the slot with reed? The seam with royal or gains? This is one reason I hate fairchild. Having said that JP better spread it around Sunday as he has options on every pass play...inspite of what Fairchild calls.

JP plays for the Bills. All of the *****ing about Fairchild isn't going to change the fact that JP still has to execute the gameplan.

Just curious how effective JP will be when they have all of the coverage playing off and he'll be forced to throw underneath.

Do you really think that Marvin Lewis is just going to let Lee Evans run around unattended so JP can throw "bombs" all afternoon?

I think there is enough tape of Denver and Pittsburgh taking the deep ball away.

This game scared me before Edwards got hurt. I'm thinking that this a terrible matchup for us.

Oaf
10-30-2007, 06:46 PM
If JP ****s up the next game or two, his Bills days are over.

He wanted his shot to light it up, here it is.

HHURRICANE
10-30-2007, 06:46 PM
But see this won't help the controversy at all. If he has a great game against a s**ty D then that doesn't prove anything.... Now, if he s**ts the bed against a crappy D, then that *will* help the controversy.

Him playing well helps the entire organization. If him playing well ignites the QB controversy so be it!!

Elminster
10-30-2007, 06:48 PM

I'd agree with you, except I don't feel we've been that off in the excecution. We're doing a pretty good job of executing the game-plan, so far as I can tell. It's the coaches jobs to put the player's in situations where success is possible. Fairchild does that once in a blue moon, and that hasn't changed with the QBs.

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Him playing well helps the entire organization. If him playing well ignites the QB controversy so be it!!

I'm not sure I agree. I would rather he play poorly and we win on an INT for a TD or something so that Trent continues to start after he is healed. I'm sorry but I've just seen enough of JP at this point. He had his chance and didn't show himself to be anything special. Time for someone else to get the shot.

BAM
10-30-2007, 06:55 PM
This is awesome news indeed!!! I'm so excited for JP! MAN I can't wait for SUNDAY!

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Go BILLS!!!

Who gives a rats ass who the QB is!

SABuffalo786
10-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Good, we're going to have to be able to effectively throw down field if we want to win Sunday.

patmoran2006
10-30-2007, 07:39 PM
maybe Fairchild can find a way to incorporate both of them into the game for stretches?

Arizona was doing with Warner and Leinart.

Would make defensive coordinators have a harder time preparing to face them?

Why the **** not, how much WORSE could our offense be?

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 07:44 PM
maybe Fairchild can find a way to incorporate both of them into the game for stretches?

I was actually thinking about that too...I think that could be "somewhat" effective against the Patriots(giving bellicheat 2 qbs to prepare for)

TigerJ
10-30-2007, 08:17 PM
OBD has been adamant that they would make the announcement tomorrow (Wednesday). That the news is coming out now has to mean that Edwards is not going to be healthy enough to practice this week. The only thing that I hope is that Losman plays well and the Bills win. After this week, I hope the Bills can get this settled and everyone that matters can unite behind that decision and get down to the business of bashing Belichick and the Patriots, the Jets and the Dolphins. Of course we already swept the hapless, pathetic, incompetent, loser Jets.

SyraBillsLican
10-30-2007, 08:28 PM
My main man JP Losman is starting this Sunday.

from bills website.

WERE GONNA WIN NOW BABY

SyraBillsLican
10-30-2007, 08:28 PM
My main man JP Losman is starting this Sunday.

from bills website.

WERE GONNA WIN NOW BABY!

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 08:30 PM
You're about four hours late with your news.

YardRat
10-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Merge please.

YardRat
10-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Delete please. Double-posted, and there's already another thread.

SyraBillsLican
10-30-2007, 08:44 PM
YOURE four hours late

noob

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 08:47 PM
YOURE four hours late

noob
Come again?

SyraBillsLican
10-30-2007, 09:00 PM
ive been playing halo3.... im in a noob bashing mood

TheBrownBear
10-30-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm curious to see what Losman can do this week. This is a make or break game for him. I hope he's turned into Brett Favre the past few weeks and we'll have a really good young backup with Trent Edwards.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 09:09 PM
ive been playing halo3.... im in a noob bashing mood
Good luck with that.

The last buffalo fan
10-30-2007, 09:56 PM

TacklingDummy
10-30-2007, 11:10 PM
JP should be able to have a huge game against the pitiful Bengals. Anything less than 3 TDs passing will be a disappointment. Jp usually plays well against weak teams so this should be no different.

Luisito23
10-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Get better soon Trent!....

GO BILLS!!!!!

Michael82
10-31-2007, 12:57 AM
Excellent news! Now the quarterback competition can truly be fair. JP Losman gets one last chance to show us that he really is still the quarterback that got into into playoff contention last year. He gets one more chance to fight for his job and I love it. If he lights it up, he starts next week IMO. If he struggles or looks like the QB from weeks 1 and 2, then it's back to Trent Edwards for good. Either way, this is definitely going to be an interesting week. :bf1:

Michael82
10-31-2007, 01:00 AM
I have a feeling that we will see the same gameplan from the end of last year. Fairchild is going to open up the offense and give JP the chance to run it his way. I hope we see slants, long balls, scrambling, and definitely rollouts. :up:

casdhf
10-31-2007, 07:31 AM
I bet we see no change in playcalling. :(

Mahdi
10-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Its amazing how the Bills can make every week into an episode. Tell you what, if nothing else its interesting to be a Bills Fan!

TacklingDummy
10-31-2007, 07:50 AM

I bet we see no change in the way JP plays.

NorthCarBills
10-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Excellent news! Now the quarterback competition can truly be fair. JP Losman gets one last chance to show us that he really is still the quarterback that got into into playoff contention last year. He gets one more chance to fight for his job and I love it. If he lights it up, he starts next week IMO. If he struggles or looks like the QB from weeks 1 and 2, then it's back to Trent Edwards for good. Either way, this is definitely going to be an interesting week. :bf1:

Nice post - I completely agree. I think this also provides a decent chance for JP to prove himself against a team that people don't classify as having a "top rated defense," which seems to be a reoccurring issue for either of our QBs.

mybills
10-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Depending on TE's sprain, it could be 2 games to prove himself.

Michael82
10-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I don't know why I'm actually trusting that idiot Fairchild to shake things up. :ill:

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I don't know why I'm actually trusting that idiot Fairchild to shake things up. :ill:
The play-calling won't change, a change in play-calling would mean we might dominate a team, I think that idea scares our coaching staff.

acehole
10-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Not really...it has not helped liearts confidence. Lossmen in safies back....Edward in Safties up.....That is not difficult to game plan for.

acehole
10-31-2007, 09:27 AM
I bet we see no change in the way JP plays.

As long as he wins right? That is the new standard.

TacklingDummy
10-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Not really...it has not helped liearts confidence. .

Especially when Leinart has been out for the season for 2 weeks now.

Tatonka
10-31-2007, 09:43 AM
if i was jp, i would audible the hell out of the whole game plan. it is his career on the line.

justasportsfan
10-31-2007, 09:46 AM
if i was jp, i would audible the hell out of the whole game plan. it is his career on the line.

I agree.

TacklingDummy
10-31-2007, 10:04 AM

JP can do it. He's the next Peyton Manning. :up:

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:07 AM
JP can do it. He's the next Peyton Manning. :up:
But I thought you said Edwards was already Manning, how can Losman be the same thing Edwards already is?

TacklingDummy
10-31-2007, 10:15 AM
But I thought you said Edwards was already Manning, how can Losman be the same thing Edwards already is?

:link: Thanks

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:18 AM
:link: Thanks
Just go read your last 2,000 posts.

Dr. Lecter
10-31-2007, 10:22 AM
STOP IT!!!

God, this is worse than dealing with grade school children.

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:30 AM
STOP IT!!!

God, this is worse than dealing with grade school children.
Except some of these grade school children pay to post here :up:

TacklingDummy
10-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Except some of these grade school children pay to post here :up:

Funny, I don't see donor under your name either. :snicker:

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Funny, I don't see donor under your name either. :snicker:
Ended last night, still contemplating whether or not to continue supporting the site :up:

Michael82
10-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Ended last night, still contemplating whether or not to continue supporting the site :up:
You should! It's a great way to spend your money. :D

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:36 AM
You should! It's a great way to spend your money. :D
As long as the product you're paying for is worth it. Lately it's become less and less worth it :ill:

Maybe I'll just do Silver instead of Platinum.

JD
10-31-2007, 01:29 PM

Edwards has a deep ball. It's the play calling not allowing him to go down field, and so far that has WORKED to our advantage by moving the ball slowly up the field.. resting our D. Sure we only get fewer points this way but we're still winning. Edwards went down field twice, one was a catch and the other SHOULD have been caught if Evans played for that ball like he did for LOSMANS long bomb last week.

Hmmmm.

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 02:39 PM
What a moronic statement.

Edwards has a deep ball. It's the play calling not allowing him to go down field, and so far that has WORKED to our advantage by moving the ball slowly up the field.. resting our D. Sure we only get fewer points this way but we're still winning. Edwards went down field twice, one was a catch and the other SHOULD have been caught if Evans played for that ball like he did for LOSMANS long bomb last week.

Hmmmm.
So let me get this strait. Edwards, by your accounts, has thrown all of two deep passes. One was complete, one was incomplete. But because you want to believe that Edwards has the ability to throw the ball down field, the rest of the NFL should feel the same way. FACT is, he has done nothing in the NFL to show that any team should be afraid of him as a deep threat. Thus, he scares no one with his deep ball.

JD
10-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Does anyone know when the aclaimed "Drama of the year" motion picture film of the 2007 Buffalo Bills will be released?

Oh.. and
Losman-Evans=Nothing

JD
10-31-2007, 02:58 PM
So let me get this strait. Edwards, by your accounts, has thrown all of two deep passes. One was complete, one was incomplete. But because you want to believe that Edwards has the ability to throw the ball down field, the rest of the NFL should feel the same way. FACT is, he has done nothing in the NFL to show that any team should be afraid of him as a deep threat. Thus, he scares no one with his deep ball.

I never once stated that Edwards was a deep threat, I simply said that he CAN throw it deep.

Edited: TOS violation

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know when the aclaimed "Drama of the year" motion picture film of the 2007 Buffalo Bills will be released?

Oh.. and
Losman-Evans=Nothing
Most QB's - Their main WR = Nothing

acehole
10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Sorry scatch playcalling off the list of excuses ...cant use it.
trentards made that standard.

ecxuses excuses...remember?

Hmmmm.

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 03:49 PM
I never once stated that Edwards was a deep threat, I simply said that he CAN throw it deep.

Edited: TOS violation
Ok, so what are you basing this on? You yourself said that he has thrown two deep balls in the NFL......