PDA

View Full Version : For those who were around in 2005

patmoran2006
10-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Were you guys this rough on JP Losman after just four starts? I'm not being sarcastic I'm just asking a question.

The kid (Trent) is just learning the NFL game. He was basically forced into the lineup after barely two regular season weeks, against the best team maybe I've ever seen (NE)...

And speed bumps or not, the team is 3-1 with him as a starter and were it not for a fluke onside kick recovery and bad defensive call by Fewel would probably be undefeated. He's made a few bad mistakes. He's also made some great throws and since he's been in the lineup we've been controlling the clock much better and keeping our defense more rested. FOr a rookie having to play this early in his career, he gets a flying passing grade from me.

I wasn't into message boards during the Flutie/Johnson years but I can certainly now relate to what it musta been like.

chernobylwraiths
10-30-2007, 06:09 PM
I remember "anybody would be better than Bledsoe".

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 06:10 PM
I don't dis-like Edwards........ http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=137738

I just don't like that he doesn't score points. That's all...

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 06:11 PM

That's how I remember it too, over at bb.com atleast. I do remember some beach bum and RJ comparisons as well though.

I like Edwards. It's just the thought of having to go through another 2-3 years of 'rebuilding' that makes me want to throw up. I'm getting sick of this ****.

venis2k1
10-30-2007, 06:13 PM
jp was given alot of support early on from zoners....nothings worse then Bledsoe.

Captain gameboy
10-30-2007, 06:13 PM
You just started a thread a few minutes ago titled:
"I want to say one thing about our QB's and then that's it."

A minute later you start this one.

You should have titled it:
"I want to say one thing about our QB's now, and more in a few minutes."

Geesh.

Anyway, the thing that has been disappointing to me is that Edwards looked better in the first Jets game than he has since.

I think he'll be OK, but I am disappointed in offensive production after his first start, and I don't think his upside is quite as good as I thought initially.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 06:15 PM

Geesh.

Anyway, the thing that has been disappointing to me is that Edwards looked better in the first Jets game than he has since.

I think he'll be OK, but I am disappointed in offensive production after his first start, and I don't think his upside is quite as good as it was.

:lmao:

Surfs up dude! :up:

Ed
10-30-2007, 06:23 PM
I think some people were unfairly critical of Losman too quick, but 2005 was supposed to be a big year where we finally turn the corner again as a franchise the same way we were supposed to in 2003. Probably the two most dissapointing seasons of this decade just based on the hype and expectations going in.

acehole
10-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Good posts and two major differences.

1. It was obvious our starter before JP wasnt the answer.

2. The argument for Edwards was that he was allready better then JP.

So the people who were not cutting JP slack for a sluggish start (putting the blame on him alone)...dont get to use any of those reason when defending thier guy.

If JP goes bye bye next year and he (TE) starts he gets all the slack in the world. Until we draft the next guy and it is under the Bus for him.

Can we cut the BS with the 3-1 crap...there is alot of holes in that arguement. We are undefeated with D Shoumen also so what does that mean..?

Nothing.

quote=patmoran2006]Were you guys this rough on JP Losman after just four starts? I'm not being sarcastic I'm just asking a question.

The kid (Trent) is just learning the NFL game. He was basically forced into the lineup after barely two regular season weeks, against the best team maybe I've ever seen (NE)...

And speed bumps or not, the team is 3-1 with him as a starter and were it not for a fluke onside kick recovery and bad defensive call by Fewel would probably be undefeated. He's made a few bad mistakes. He's also made some great throws and since he's been in the lineup we've been controlling the clock much better and keeping our defense more rested. FOr a rookie having to play this early in his career, he gets a flying passing grade from me.

I wasn't into message boards during the Flutie/Johnson years but I can certainly now relate to what it musta been like.[/quote]

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Oh look, it's the groan police! :cry:

patmoran2006
10-30-2007, 07:28 PM

You should have titled it:
"I want to say one thing about our QB's now, and more in a few minutes."

Geesh.

I think he'll be OK, but I am disappointed in offensive production after his first start, and I don't think his upside is quite as good as I thought initially.
This is actually more about asking what was it like in 2005 during Losman's initial starts; which I wasn't around for much of.

kinigirly
10-30-2007, 07:31 PM
i thought you were done posting about the qbs?

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 07:39 PM
I think some people were unfairly critical of Losman too quick, but 2005 was supposed to be a big year where we finally turn the corner again as a franchise the same way we were supposed to in 2003. Probably the two most dissapointing seasons of this decade just based on the hype and expectations going in.
Yeah, our "odd" years have been awful since 99:
2000: 8-8
2001: 3-13
2002: 8-8
2003: 6-10
2004: 9-7
2005: 5-11
2006: 7-9
2007: 3-4 (so far)

I'm not saying the "even" years have been peachy, but there is a trend...

The Jets have gone through the same thing (but to extremes)
2002: playoffs
2003: 6-10
2004: playoffs
2005: 4-12
2006: playoffs
2007: wretched

weird

Johnny Bugmenot
10-30-2007, 07:42 PM
I recall saying "this guy never should've gotten the job this soon. What were they thinking?"

So yes... I was pretty hard on Losman.

YardRat
10-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Were you guys this rough on JP Losman after just four starts? I'm not being sarcastic I'm just asking a question.

I wasn't into message boards during the Flutie/Johnson years but I can certainly now relate to what it musta been like.

It was pretty similar...One camp wanted Holcomb, another wanted JP and the discussions at times got pretty heated. The only real difference is those who supported JP in '05 used arguments that apparently don't apply anymore because Losman is now on the Holcomb side of the coin.

SABURZFAN
10-30-2007, 07:45 PM
That's how I remember it too, over at bb.com atleast.

you weren't around back then so :stfu: .

patmoran2006
10-30-2007, 07:45 PM
It was pretty similar...One camp wanted Holcomb, another wanted JP and the discussions at times got pretty heated. The only real difference is those who supported JP in '05 used arguments that apparently don't apply anymore because Losman is now on the Holcomb side of the coin.
Thank you.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 07:46 PM
2004 :sigh: so much promise, so much faith, just to be let down again.

SABURZFAN
10-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh look, it's the groan police! :cry:

EDITED - You know why.

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
2004 :sigh: so much promise, so much faith, just to be let down again.

yeah, I hate Drew Bledsoe for that Steeler game. I disliked him before that, but his fumble (for a td) makes me want him dead

Captain gameboy
10-30-2007, 08:19 PM
This is actually more about asking what was it like in 2005 during Losman's initial starts; which I wasn't around for much of.

Oh.
Well it was pretty much the same, but actually more like the Rob Johnson years.

Then the Bledsoe years.

1 billion posts about qb's.

Then 1 billion more.

People trying to baseballize the postion to pitching wherein the qb gets credit/blame for the win/loss.

Bill Brasky
10-30-2007, 08:39 PM

worst threads ever.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 09:10 PM
you weren't around back then so :stfu: .

I was around at bb.com during that time so I know what it was like. Maybe you didn't hear me the first time!

Would Spanish work better for you? ¡Estuve aquí! En atleast de bb.com.

How about German? Ich war hier! Atleast an bb. com

Japanese? 私はここにいました! bb.comのAtleast

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 09:13 PM

Show off!

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 09:13 PM
I was around at bb.com during that time so I know what it was like. Maybe you didn't hear me the first time!

How bout Russian?

SABURZFAN
10-30-2007, 09:17 PM

this isn't bb.com, Einstein. :rolleyes:

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 09:18 PM
this isn't bb.com, Einstein. :rolleyes:
Still, it would be impressive to see it in Russian.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 09:19 PM
How bout Russian?

Russian? Ok! Я был здесь! По крайней мере в bb.com

Man, translators are fun! http://ets6.freetranslation.com/

SABURZFAN
10-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Still, it would be impressive to see it in Russian.

give her a minute to google it. :yawn:

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Russian? Ok! Я был здесь! По крайней мере в bb.com

Man, translators are fun! http://ets6.freetranslation.com/
That just makes it less impressive, I was under the impression that you were gifted in foreign language :mad:

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 09:40 PM

Except Holcomb and Losman (in their respective times) are in two two totally different situations.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Except Holcomb and Losman (in their respective times) are in two two totally different situations.

ahahaha :rofl:

BillsFever21
11-02-2007, 04:51 AM
Quit it with the rookie argument. After the 1st Jets game you guys said he isn't like a normal rookie. Look at him out there he should be starting. Three clunkers later and now he is just a rookie and will make some misakes and to cut him some slack.

Does he play like a rookie or not? One week he isn't like a normal rookie and then for 3 weeks after that he is a rookie.

Trent may be ready in the future but he isn't ready now and shouldn't be playing.

YardRat
11-02-2007, 05:39 AM

There are slight variations, but I wouldn't call the situations totally different. There are more similarities than not.

How are they 'totally different'?

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Quit it with the rookie argument. After the 1st Jets game you guys said he isn't like a normal rookie. Look at him out there he should be starting. Three clunkers later and now he is just a rookie and will make some misakes and to cut him some slack.

Does he play like a rookie or not? One week he isn't like a normal rookie and then for 3 weeks after that he is a rookie.

Trent may be ready in the future but he isn't ready now and shouldn't be playing.

I agree 100%, that is a great observation. I would have never thought of that.