PDA

View Full Version : I may be alone, but I'm lovin' Evans right now!

Billscusey
10-30-2007, 06:44 PM
I may not agree on Evans' quarterback choice, but I gotta say that it is refreshing to hear a professional athlete say what he actually thinks, instead of just toeing the company line and feeding us with the same old boring PR stuff! Anyone with me?

casdhf
10-30-2007, 06:46 PM
No. They need to shut up and play.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 06:49 PM
I may not agree on Evans' quarterback choice, but I gotta say that it is refreshing to hear a professional athlete say what he actually thinks, instead of just toeing the company line and feeding us with the same old boring PR stuff! Anyone with me?

I'm with ya! Let them speak for themselves. They're not actors, don't make them read scripts. As long as they can back up what they say on the field then it's fine by me. Plus, it's not like Evans is a cancer like T.O.. His mouth isn't non-stop.

BillsOverDolphins
He wants to win...I have no problem with that attitude

HHURRICANE

Yeah, just what the NFL has been missing!! An overpaid athlete that has no respect for his elders and mouths off his opinion to the media.

How refreshing.

BAM
10-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Doesn't bother me one bit! If you listened to other teams' press conferences I guarantee you'd hear the same thing in this situation. No biggie. Go JP!

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah, just what the NFL has been missing!! An overpaid athlete that has no respect for his elders and mouths off his opinion to the media.

How refreshing.
Not that I condone the behavior, but the loudmouth receivers today (Steve Smith, Ocho Cinco, TO, Moss, etc.) are all insanely talented. It'd be refreshing if his play could match his mouth (IMO it will)

Mike13
10-30-2007, 07:17 PM
What exactly did he say?

BAM
10-30-2007, 07:21 PM
What exactly did he say?

Basically he was asked about the QB situation a couple weeks ago. He stated that he didn't think JP should lose his job due to injury.

He's since been asked several times his thoughts and he's stated several times "You know my feelings on the situation" and mostly minor comments to that affect.

Anyone calling him a cancer/egomaniac/character-issues-player because of these comments is fried in the head!

Mike13
10-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Basically he was asked about the QB situation a couple weeks ago. He stated that he didn't think JP should lose his job due to injury.

He's since been asked several times his thoughts and he's stated several times "You know my feelings on the situation" and mostly minor comments to that affect.

Anyone calling him a cancer/egomaniac/character-issues-player because of these comments is fried in the head!

I wouldn't consider him a cancer just because of that.
He was just supporting his QB.

Maybe he just feels Trent isn't ready, and that Losman gives you guys the best chance to win.

YardRat
10-30-2007, 07:27 PM
You don't help create team unity by mouthing off to the press. He should just STFU and let his play do the talking, regardless of who the QB is.

patmoran2006
10-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Criticizing a coaching decision, or the direction your team is going, or a play call or voicing your frustration over a lack of production is one thing.

Pretty much picking one teammate over another, when you're the TOP receiver for that teammate you're more/less throwing under the bus AFTER the decision has already been made is another.

I liked Lee Evans.. He's been my favorite players on team.. But he needs to just shut the **** up and play football, because he's showing a lot of symptoms of catching Mouldsicitis.

Wys Guy
10-30-2007, 07:31 PM

It's also nice to hear one of the lone voices of success, albeit personal success, actually speak out on this team instead of the host of incompetent simpletons that constantly do.

Evans is the only offensive impact player that we have. It would behoove the organization not to run him out of town, which I'm not expecting however, namely for them to not run him out.

BAM
10-30-2007, 07:33 PM
A lot of you are overreacting. Lee Evans is still a class act in my book. He's one of the hardest workers on the team from what I've seen.