PDA

View Full Version : Former First Round Pick Mike Williams Available

Ultra Chimp 1
10-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Looks like the Raiders released him tonight.

I think we should scoop him up. He will have bargain basement value and looks to play the perfect big man role our WR corps desperately requires.

We don't lose anything by trying him out with the team.

TigerJ
10-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Oh, that Mike williams. LOL He's certainly worth a look, though it is strange that a player who was though to have so much ability has now washed out of two teams.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 08:25 PM
I'd bring him in but it won't happen.

YardRat
10-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Any WR out there that has the potential to play the #2 spot opposite Evans deserves at least a look.

djjimkelly
10-30-2007, 08:33 PM
id bring him in and make him a tight end. but a nic epossesion wr would be sweet.

no way marv would do it

Crisis
10-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Thank God this thread wasn't about us picking up the Mike Williams I was thinking of!!

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 08:34 PM
id bring him in and make him a tight end. but a nic epossesion wr would be sweet.

no way marv would do it
It would be a shame to do anything that might help us win...

ajsdx
10-30-2007, 08:37 PM
dude, he got cut by the raiders and the lions.

Jaybird
10-30-2007, 08:38 PM
even if we just use him in the red zone im ok with that. we need a tall wr for those situations

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2007, 08:40 PM
This guy couldn't catch crabs in a whorehouse. No thanks.

Devin
Hes busted twice. Hes sloppy, has a bad work ethic and cant seem to stay healthy.

Just because a player is released doesnt mean we have to bring them in. 9 times out of 10 they are released for a reason.

Yeah im good thanks.

gr8slayer
dude, he got cut by the raiders and the lions.
The 5-2 Lions?

Wys Guy
10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh, that Mike williams. LOL He's certainly worth a look, though it is strange that a player who was though to have so much ability has now washed out of two teams.

Yeah, had me thinking OT Mike Williams too.

I was gonna say, we already got the creme-de-la-creme of the Raiders' OL in Langston Walker.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, had me thinking OT Mike Williams too.

I was gonna say, we already got the creme-de-la-creme of the Raiders' OL in Langston Walker.
Walker has done a fine job this season.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 09:01 PM
This guy couldn't catch crabs in a whorehouse. No thanks.

**** man, I wish I had that ability. :ill:

MTBillsFan
10-30-2007, 09:06 PM
No no no no!
The bum should've never left USC early! He put himself out of football shape and has never returned to form. He COULD've been great...just like that Clarrett kid from Ohio State.

Slim
10-30-2007, 09:10 PM
He dropped an uncontested ball on like 4 and 14 last sunday. Its not suprise they cut him.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah, let's sign him.... to the practice squad maybe.

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 09:14 PM
The 5-2 Lions?

No.

The Lions last year.

gr8slayer
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
No.

The Lions last year.
Who are now 5-2?

Wys Guy
10-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Walker has done a fine job this season.

Yeah, a fiiiiine job.

Ya gotta say that in your best Andy Griffith accent.

Bmax
10-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah he did have a huge drop against the Titans... His hands are really bad.. What a bust.. I saw the play he let the ball come into his body...

His best Position may be a Receiving TE.....Good for Red Zone...On our team he would be a 4th or 5th WR but hey for the Vet Min .. i would sign him...He will get another shot .. This is the NFL ........

If not try the CFL......

Bmax

Ultra Chimp 1
10-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Take it for what it's worth, but Williams favourite team growing up was the Buffalo Bills.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Take it for what it's worth, but Williams favourite team growing up was the Buffalo Bills.

Are you being sarcastic or is this for real?

Ultra Chimp 1
10-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Are you being sarcastic or is this for real?

Mane Facts:
• While growing up, he rooted for the Buffalo Bills. His favorite player was Barry Sanders, who he enjoyed watching have some of his best games against Tampa, his hometown team.

http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=272&season=7

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Mane Facts:
• While growing up, he rooted for the Buffalo Bills. His favorite player was Barry Sanders, who he enjoyed watching have some of his best games against Tampa, his hometown team.

http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=272&season=7

That alone makes me want to try him out. It's always nice to have people in Buffalo that actually want to play here. Why not get him on the PS!? Get it done Marv!

The Bills have always been an underdog and at this point in his career he is an underdog as well, let's give him a shot. I will always root for the underdog!! It comes with being a Bills fan.

capitolneal
10-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I was thinking that the other day he can be a speedy TE hell project worth a shot the knock on him is he dum and lazy

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Who are now 5-2?

Yeah, but when they cut him they were not that good and did not have Calvin Johnson nor did they know Furrey would pan out.

TheBrownBear
10-30-2007, 10:29 PM
No thanks. This guy is low class SUC garbage. Zero work ethic and a bad attitude. Can you say team cancer?

These SUCsters get to the NFL and flop once their juice supply is cut off. Actually, one of the biggest reasons for SUCs fall from the top of college football the past two years is because they are no longer receiving their daily "supplement" from Dr. Ting. No more of those memorable roid rage incidents, but no more championships either.

ajsdx
10-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Who are now 5-2?

Yeah, 5-2 <i>AFTER</i> they cut Williams, not before.

Slim
10-30-2007, 10:40 PM
No thanks. This guy is low class SUC garbage. Zero work ethic and a bad attitude. Can you say team cancer?

These SUCsters get to the NFL and flop once their juice supply is cut off. Actually, one of the biggest reasons for SUCs fall from the top of college football the past two years is because they are no longer receiving their daily "supplement" from Dr. Ting. No more of those memorable roid rage incidents, but no more championships either.

Being a ND/CAL fan i despise USC. But your post is completley biased. Bush,Palmer, Kalil. Just in the last few years. Mike Williams did flop but coming from USC has NOTHING to do with it.

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2007, 10:44 PM
It'd be nice to have someone taller than an oompa loompa at WR for once.

Slim
10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
It'd be nice to have someone taller than an oompa loompa at WR for once.

Agreed. Although 4.56 speed is a little slow for WR. Espcially since his route running is suspect. I would prefere him as a situational TE. If anything.

clumping platelets
10-30-2007, 10:49 PM
No thanks

TheBrownBear
10-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Being a ND/CAL fan i despise USC. But your post is completley biased. Bush,Palmer, Kalil. Just in the last few years. Mike Williams did flop but coming from USC has NOTHING to do with it.

Ok, I admit...I'm a Bruin (almost embarrassed to say so the way we FLOPPED at home against ND...yikes...but at least we took out your Bears). Bush was a complete freak in college but hasn't really emerged as a pro. Palmer is good, so is Polamalu, and White is finally coming on. But SUC has had their fair share of flops. Leinart has been mediocre at best...and he would have been the number 1 pick in 2005. Winston Justice looks like he is turning out to be a bum as well.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-31-2007, 12:30 AM
No thanks, the guy simply cant catch..

Jan Reimers
10-31-2007, 04:53 AM
Do we have to covet every reject from every team, no matter how badly the guy's career has gone?

And who are we going to cut to accommodate this slug - one of our guys who has worked his butt off and given 110% since camp?

Don't we think our personnel people have some inkling of what goes on around the league?

Night Train
10-31-2007, 05:12 AM
Sounds perfect for the CFL.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-31-2007, 05:52 AM
If they do pick him up can we give him #68 so my other Mike Williams jersey will come back into play?

ryjam282
10-31-2007, 05:55 AM
Thank God this thread wasn't about us picking up the Mike Williams I was thinking of!!

Yes, tell me about it. I thought the same thing. I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look but he has had 2 shots now and has been absolutely horrible. No reason to believe he would be good somewhere else.

Kerr
10-31-2007, 07:01 AM
I'm surprised many people have watched the nfl for years and haven't realized there have been cases where players have been busts with other teams, but improved once they got somewhere they were comfotable in. I don't know his deal. I can surely tell the guy is overweight for a WR, but just because the guy had a load of potential coming out of USC and was a dynamic red zone target, I would give him a try out. It sure beats seeing undersized receivers trying to score in the redzone. He could come in play as a red zone option with the opportunity to catch jump balls. And if he doesn't look good, so what? Then cut him. What's the big deal? Teams tryout players all the time and if they're not interested they move on. You guys make it sound like bringing him in is going to cost you something personally.

DraftBoy
10-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Bring him in for a try out, what the hell can it hurt? No we dont have to sign any reject, but what if we pick him up and he turns it around. With younger guys especially sometimes they just need to get a fresh start, and I dont think Oakland was going to be that for Mike with it being so close to USC. If he was a Bills fan growing up why not give him a shot and see if it lights a fire under his ass. No denying the guy has the skills to play the game, but his mental lapses kill him.

The Answer
10-31-2007, 11:22 AM
That's hilarious, two players named Mike Williams that were top 5 draft picks and ended up being monumental busts.

Yikes!

~The Answer

dannyek71
10-31-2007, 11:32 AM
That's hilarious, two players named Mike Williams that were top 5 draft picks and ended up being monumental busts.

Yikes!

~The Answer

Top 10.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 11:54 AM
I have no problems giving him a look, A tall boy like him could be nice to have in the redzone.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-31-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm surprised many people have watched the nfl for years and haven't realized there have been cases where players have been busts with other teams, but improved once they got somewhere they were comfotable in. I don't know his deal. I can surely tell the guy is overweight for a WR, but just because the guy had a load of potential coming out of USC and was a dynamic red zone target, I would give him a try out. It sure beats seeing undersized receivers trying to score in the redzone. He could come in play as a red zone option with the opportunity to catch jump balls. And if he doesn't look good, so what? Then cut him. What's the big deal? Teams tryout players all the time and if they're not interested they move on. You guys make it sound like bringing him in is going to cost you something personally.

OK, I am not trying to be a big jerk, seriously, but can you name one WR that was drafted high, then cut by two teams in the same year, but went to another team and prospered? I cannot think of any. I have been watching football "for years" and I just can't think of any. Actually, I can't think of a one WR that was drafted in the first couple rounds and then was cut, picked up by another team and succeeded. But let's stick with the first question.

Either way, I don't mind the Bills taking a look at him, it wouldn't hurt any.

Kerr
11-01-2007, 06:35 AM
OK, I am not trying to be a big jerk, seriously, but can you name one WR that was drafted high, then cut by two teams in the same year, but went to another team and prospered? I cannot think of any. I have been watching football "for years" and I just can't think of any. Actually, I can't think of a one WR that was drafted in the first couple rounds and then was cut, picked up by another team and succeeded. But let's stick with the first question.

Either way, I don't mind the Bills taking a look at him, it wouldn't hurt any.

I can't think of any wr's that have been cut twice by teams and then succeeded since i've been watching. It's probably never happened before, but these guys always end up getting the benefit of the doubt because they got so much given talent that it's waiting to come out.