PDA

View Full Version : Don't overlook the Bengals...

Bone
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
This doesn't seem like a walk in the park for us at all.. I honestly believe its going to be a dog fight coming down to the 4th quarter.

Housh is on fire and has pretty much schooled every corner that has defended him.

Chad is well Chad.

Carson Palmer is an amazing quarterback and can beat you with his arm with ease.

They defense is terrible but have we shown we can score points on OFFENSE?

:gobills:

STAMPY
10-30-2007, 09:17 PM
i agree. if our offense doesn't score TDs we could be in for a long day. We gotta get more than fg's

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 09:20 PM
I honestly believe its going to be a dog fight coming down to the 4th quarter.

what would give you that idea:headscrat

YardRat
10-30-2007, 09:24 PM
I certainly don't expect a low-scoring game. If the offense can't put points on the board, this game could get ugly.

JJamezz
10-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I agree completely.. One thing is for sure, this game will give us a much better idea of where this team is really at, on both sides of the ball.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-30-2007, 10:09 PM
I dont think the Bills should be cosiderd in that tier of teams that have the Caché to be overlooking even the Fins at this point.

We have a loosing record, for pete's sake :)

Mr. Miyagi
10-30-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm as big of a Bills fan as the next person.

I really hope I'm wrong but we're gonna get creamed by the Bengals.

:ill:

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm as big of a Bills fan as the next person.

I really hope I'm wrong but we're gonna get creamed by the Bengals.

:ill:

The bengals have 2 problems.

1.) They suck at defense

2.) We don't suck at defense anymore.

Our Bend don't break D is turning into bend our opponent and they break. We shut down a decent Ravens offensive attack and beat their top rated D. They ran on us but in the long run they could not throw on us. NYJ couldn't do anything in the air against us and we are now playing one of the worst D's at home and have the 12th man, we're winning this.

Oaf
10-30-2007, 11:14 PM
We can't overlook anybody until we beat a good team on the road, or a great team at home.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-31-2007, 05:56 AM
I am just wondering who should not overlook the Bengals. If you mean the Bills, I would have to be pretty positive they won't overlook any team on their schedule seeing that their record isn't great. I think you could have worded this title a little different.

Don't Panic
10-31-2007, 06:46 AM
If we don't get pressure on Palmer then he will make us pay. I know their D is garbage, but'll be hard to keep up with the points they put on the board if Palmer has time to throw. Fewell has his work cut out for him.

BAM
10-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Somehow I think this will be another low-scoring, nail-biting game but in the end we'll pull it out thanks to home field advantage. Bills 19-17

mysticsoto
10-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Who's running for the Bengals? Is Rudi still out? I think this may make a huge difference on how the game goes...

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Other than the fact that their coordinator is willing to open up the play-book on offense our team is just as sorry as theirs.

Night Train
10-31-2007, 08:50 AM
My God. People actually think we're good enough to OVERLOOK other teams ?

LOL !

HHURRICANE
10-31-2007, 08:52 AM
If these guys get up early on us we are done.

The Bills have demonstarted no ability over the last few years to come back from an early deficit.

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 08:52 AM
If these guys get up early on us we are done.

The Bills have demonstarted no ability over the last few years to come back from an early deficit.
Yeah but we've proven that we can give up an early lead like it's no one's business.

justasportsfan
10-31-2007, 08:53 AM
OUR DL is gonna have to get to Palmer by themselves because our LB'ers are going to have to drop back alot to help defend against Housemazelli and Chad.

BlackMetalNinja
10-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Between TJ and Chad, our CBs are going to have more than their hands full... The only team that had a comparable passing attack that we've played so far this season is New England and look how that went.

I hope the D keeps up the good play as of late and continues to get some pressure on the QB. If we can get in Palmer's face and make him throw some questionable balls, I think that's our best bet. Turnovers would be huge for us towards getting a W on Sunday.

jamze132
10-31-2007, 09:05 AM
Like it or not we are going to have to blitz 70% o the time while playing man to man. We are going to have to make Carson throw the ball within 2 seconds of dropping back so his receivers don't have a chance to get past our DBs.

acehole
10-31-2007, 09:13 AM
i agree. if our offense doesn't score TDs we could be in for a long day. We gotta get more than fg's

Yes indeed but it is the deffense against the #4 offense that has me worried.
Hate to use the term but a ball control offense will help keep their offence off the field. We also have to score points at the end of those drives as they will at the end of thiers. If it is a shootout we could be in for a long day unless Parish and Reed and Gains and Lossmen and Evans step it up.

justasportsfan
10-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Y
Hate to use the term but a ball control offense will help keep their offence off the field. .
yes, we have to. Lynch is gonna have to have a huge day. I'm sure JP will find his checkdowns this time since our OC think that passing to the checkdowns is the way to go. Who cares about scoring?

BlackMetalNinja
10-31-2007, 09:30 AM
The Bengals Avg. 360 ypg, 5th best in the NFL... Of that, 264 ypg is passing, also 5th in the NFL. 96 ypg rushing, good for 21st in the league, right behind us.

Seems pretty clear to me that we need to be able to stop their passing attack first and foremost... I agree that ball control could help, but they're a quick attack, quick score offense when they get going, so I'm not sure that a lack of time for them will really make a huge difference. They currently rank 25th in the league in TOP, but 6th in scoring.

Mad Bomber
10-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah but we've proven that we can give up an early lead like it's no one's business.
:rofl:

Actually, in 5 of our 7 games we NEVER trailed (until 59:59 of the game at least).
Against the Pats we led after the first quarter.
The only game we were NEVER in was Pitt.

RedEyE
10-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Rudi Johnson looks to be healthy this week as well. This Bengal team won't be so one dimesional on offense this week.

mchurchfie
10-31-2007, 01:23 PM
The bengals have 2 problems.

1.) They suck at defense

2.) We don't suck at defense anymore.

Unfortunately their offense has the capability to make our defense suck again and our offense has the cabability of making their defense look good again.:ill:

mchurchfie
10-31-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm sure JP will find his checkdowns this time since our OC think that passing to the checkdowns is the way to go. Who cares about scoring?
He'll be too busy locking onto Evans downfield.;)