PDA

View Full Version : The NFL week 11-17 Flex scheduling thread

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Here are the rules, do we get lucky?

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101
<LI _extended="true">Begins Sunday of Week 11 <LI _extended="true">In effect during Weeks 11-17 <LI _extended="true">Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window. <LI _extended="true">The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET. <LI _extended="true">The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET. <LI _extended="true">No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games. <LI _extended="true">The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET. <LI _extended="true">Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications. <LI _extended="true">The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night. <LI _extended="true">Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly. <LI _extended="true">NFL schedules all games.
Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

TheBrownBear
10-30-2007, 10:05 PM
I highly doubt it. The only games that have a shot are New England, Washington, and the Giants. And we would have to keep winning to even have a shot at it.

Slim
10-30-2007, 10:42 PM
The Giants, Washington, and Jacksonville all have a shot. And maybe NE if there still undefeated come week 11.

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 10:45 PM
The Giants, Washington, and Jacksonville all have a shot. And maybe NE if there still undefeated come week 11.

If their undefeated and we are 5-4, plan on the game being on. The NFL had to love that monday nighter against Dallas, it might end up being one of the best games of the year. It had high drama, lot's of action and a dramatic ending (thx to the A-hole clock keeper for not starting the F-in clock on the kick).

Slim
10-30-2007, 10:48 PM
If their undefeated and we are 5-4, plan on the game being on. The NFL had to love that monday nighter against Dallas, it might end up being one of the best games of the year. It had high drama, lot's of action and a dramatic ending (thx to the A-hole clock keeper for not starting the F-in clock on the kick).

I can agree with that. But, we've played New England quite a few times in the Sunday Night spotlight in recent history. And we've gotten destroyed each time.

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 10:57 PM
I can agree with that. But, we've played New England quite a few times in the Sunday Night spotlight in recent history. And we've gotten destroyed each time.

Last game I recall that we played them at night we should of won.

Oaf
10-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh my, Luckett. That game brings back nightmares. :puke:

Slim
10-31-2007, 02:30 AM

I stand Correceted. the 21-16 game... i wish we were blown out :ill:

Slim
10-31-2007, 02:31 AM

HAHAHAAHA that was the Bruschi come back game huh?

dannyek71
10-31-2007, 06:14 AM
I hope they bring back the Bruschi stroke counter...err hit counter

Mitchy moo
10-31-2007, 06:42 AM
HAHAHAAHA that was the Bruschi come back game huh?

Twas, that was the game Bruschi got his ESPN wings.

don137
10-31-2007, 06:53 AM
People want to see touchdowns and star players. Right now Buffalo unfortunately offer neither.

BlackMetalNinja
10-31-2007, 07:14 AM
The only thing likely to happen is a Bills game getting shifted to 4pm instead of 1pm, which I hate...