PDA

View Full Version : I think we alternate QB's against NE

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Why not give them something they cannot prepare for, it's technically our playoff game and may actually give us a edge. Trent probably sits for the next few and then steps into the game to confuse the pats. The Pats make adjustments but we switch it up again. They can face Mr. accurate short (for now) or the bomber, let them end up guessing.

I personally think that we need to stand up and d to confuse them, throw in different looks and QB's to throw them off. It's fairly obvious that keeping it straight forward will get you killed so F-em and do whatever it takes.

If we somehow beat them, we'll be 6-4 then and I will safely say have a whole better looking shot at the playoffs with a potential for 5-1 divisional play looming. Those types of divisional play numbers & a 12-2 / 11-5 record almost assures you a home playoff berth.

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Please don't start with the NE power offense thing, our D came out and had multiple Romo picks even though he was the greatest. The greatest fall down via confusion & noise, we can do this!!

TheBrownBear
10-30-2007, 10:32 PM
I'd prefer to establish rhythm and continuity with one qb, whoever that turns out to be. If they both still suck the way they do now, I guess it couldn't hurt. I'm hoping one these guys emerges as a real qb over the next couple weeks.

Slim
10-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Please don't start with the NE power offense thing, our D came out and had multiple Romo picks even though he was the greatest. The greatest fall down via confusion & noise, we can do this!!

Dont even compare Romo to Brady. Not even close Skoob. I hate the Patriots more than anything, but Romo and the Cowboys can't hold a candle to New England. New England has owned us for years.

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I'd prefer to establish rhythm and continuity with one qb, whoever that turns out to be. If they both still suck the way they do now, I guess it couldn't hurt. I'm hoping one these guys emerges as a real qb over the next couple weeks.

I just feel it this game it really doesn't matter, it's win at all costs. Beating these guys is going to take trickiery, treachery and a awesome game plan. It isn't like your going to line up and roll them, it has to be a totally F-ed up game that throws them off their game. It's fairly obvious that trying to outmatch them talent wise is going to get you killed.

NE is winning by a 17 point average, the only way to beat them is to do nothing average and mix it up all you can. The more looks we give them, the less adjustments they can make. Then over the course of the next so many weeks other teams look at film and will be like well who is going to start (Edwards we know) but they won't know that. They will have to plan for another variable, which throws them off as well. If we beat NE with a plan like this, it puts fear in our future opponents. If we don't, the future opponents have to at least fear that potential factor. That is more than we have now and maybe enough.

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Dont even compare Romo to Brady. Not even close Skoob. I hate the Patriots more than anything, but Romo and the Cowboys can't hold a candle to New England. New England has owned us for years.

You keep the passes under 20 yards a majority of the time, it's expected. They game plan for us being inept, which with the right planning maybe in our favor.

Slim
10-30-2007, 10:44 PM
You keep the passes under 20 yards a majority of the time, it's expected. They game plan for us being inept, which with the right planning maybe in our favor.

Trent gives us a better shot against NE, he seems to have a knack for TOP. The longer we keep new england's offense off the field the better the shot we have.

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Trent gives us a better shot against NE, he seems to have a knack for TOP. The longer we keep new england's offense off the field the better the shot we have.

That goes without saying but what if NE plays for broke to kill our QB and JP actually stays in the pocket with protection? There is a decent chance there that someone (maybe even fast freddie) might be open down field. The key is to put a few players out there at special times that NE is not familiar with, to keep them second guessing. Their team is based on match up problems and will try to correct the problem with us only to change it back. It will Pisss BB off and make them frustrated. Add in a rowdy crowd with lots of noise and we might get them off kilter, unlike they have been all year. More heat will be on them to become perfect at that time then us to win and the press will kill them with the perfect talk. Manning gets pissed every year about it because it distracts the team, NE hasn't had to worry about it. More distraction = more opportunities.

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 10:55 PM
We also might get Don Shula to lift his evil curse he put on us for ending his career and killing his chances of winning a SB with Marino. That in itself is what we would have going for us.

Him and nick Bonocotti have to give eachother light petting during the game to lift the curse, it's the only way.

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Or:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gUqEHjbxtlU

Meathead
10-30-2007, 11:46 PM
http://www.popular-pics.com/PPImages/Baby_Smoke_Joint.jpg

LtFinFan66
10-31-2007, 03:02 AM
NE is winning by a 17 point average, .Do some homework Skoob. They are actually winning by an average of 25.5

41.375 per game scored
15.875 per game given up

Jan Reimers
10-31-2007, 04:45 AM
Never happen.

LtFinFan66
10-31-2007, 04:47 AM
These are the Pats we are talking about Skooby. I doubt they would be too confused

Night Train
10-31-2007, 05:15 AM
Sharp thinking.

We should also alternate Lindell and Moorman at Kicker, Punter .

YardRat
10-31-2007, 05:22 AM
We play Cincinnati this week. I hope the players aren't thinking about NE already.

Mitchy moo
10-31-2007, 06:45 AM
These are the Pats we are talking about Skooby. I doubt they would be too confused

You can throw off any team with the right strategy. Remember only your fins had a perfect regular season, albeit a abnormally short one compared to today.

LtFinFan66
10-31-2007, 06:56 AM
Still the Pats Skooby.

Mitchy moo
10-31-2007, 07:11 AM
Still the Pats Skooby.

Point taken.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-31-2007, 07:42 AM
I'd just forfeit the game and watch Belichick squeal:

"What do you mean we only get two points??? And they get an extra bye week while we end up with two in a row? THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! :cry: "

Ickybaluky
10-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Skoob, you have a couple weeks before you need to worry about the Patriots. This thread is not only asinine, it is premature.

mybills
10-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Skooby, I think it's hilarious if you meant it as a joke. Throw a couple of fake punts in there, and switch from the T2 to a 3-4, WCO to tons of flea flickers & shovel passes, etc. That would be funny as hell if the Bills could pull it off!