PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: For those who were around in 2005

mybills
10-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Before this gets moved to the smack forum.

For those who were around in 2005

Were you guys this rough on JP Losman after just four starts? I'm not being sarcastic I'm just asking a question.
+

I remember "anybody would be better than Bledsoe".
Wys and I said that the second we found out we got him. :ill:
I never wanted him here - his record was 4000 yards and no play offs. :down: No PO's in Dallas either..saw it coming.

Then they draft JP with a Bledsoe arm, but also mobility. That, I applauded. I even felt something like -> :phew: it's about time...all they EVER pick is arm only QB's. I'm so sick of seeing that. Then you have the AVP's and the Holcomb's. Total (opposite of arm only) and that doesn't work either.

We've always needed one who can read the defense, release quick, move, have a strong arm, and is accurate.

TE - Releases quick (The line has been giving him time). Still learning the reads. Can't really move. Doesn't have as strong an arm as any of the most recent QB's we've had (coach evaluation, not mine). Accurate on the short toss..but that's really all we've seen.

JP - Releases quick. (when the line gives him time). Can read the Defense. Moves. Has a strong arm. And is as accurate as most good QB's in the league.

While the OL seems to be giving these QB's more time this year, one can argue that JP still couldn't get rid of the ball fast enough. Well, how would you feel after having a great second half of the season only to find out they drafted another QB? What kind of message does that send? Add some crappy play calling to that mix, and what are you seeing on JP's face? Some of you kept saying, "Lost" and "Deer in the headlights"..I saw "frustration". I'd be mad as hell if my coaches pulled that crap on me, but JP contained himself. He did what he was told. He's been supporting Trent. He's probably saying a prayer for him as well, to keep him strong for when they do the same thing to him. Chalk it up for one more experience that TE doesn't have yet. :( Poor guy. :pet:

Anyway, this whole situation makes me sick. What also makes me sick, is having to read people's posts who go along with these decisions without questioning the coaches about those decisions, just to go along with them. Well, going along with them doesn't make you look smarter. I prefer to think outside that box. Oh and, forget the 2005 part of this thread title, forget the talk about "this chit's been happening for years" - it's been happening for decades.
:puke:

I am liking Trent's short game, and quick release. I'm hoping he really is a good long/accurate passer some day. I'm also hoping that he's mobile and that they're just hiding that fact. :; But I don't want this staff damaging him in the mean time. I think it's best to have him study off field while JP puts up the do or die on field. I totally support starting Trent next season after he's done all of his homework, both to better himself and to protect himself/have a leg to stand on if/when they pull this crap on him. I can't help but see history repeat it's self yet again. I truly feel bad for BOTH QB's.
:sadwalk:

So that's where I stand. /MO

..and Happy Halloween! :dance:

casdhf
10-31-2007, 07:29 AM
JP has problems reading the Defense. That's why we're in the situation we're in now. Hopefully, this benching has lit a fire under his ass.

The King
10-31-2007, 07:33 AM
I liked Bledsoe and I like Edwards.

JP was drafted to succeed Drew and hasn't brought a fraction of the excitement or competition. As we learned from Drew a big arm doesn't mean much in the NFL anymore its pocket awareness and the ability to read defense. Even as a rookie Edwards is showing a better ability than Jp.

Elminster
10-31-2007, 07:35 AM
JP has problems reading the Defense. That's why we're in the situation we're in now. Hopefully, this benching has lit a fire under his ass.
Examples? I hear it all the time, but no one says anything specific. From what I see and hear, it's like the whole inaccurate with short-passes deal that is also BS. Anyone else notice Favre sailed a would-be TD pass to a wide open receiver on 3rd down in the redzone Monday night? No? I didn't think so. The whole 80+ yard winning TD-pass in OT is what you remember. It was freaky, because it was almost the exact same play as the one in the redzone against the Steelers. Except our team basically sucked even more then and it didn't even begin to matter.

mybills
10-31-2007, 08:09 AM
Examples? I hear it all the time, but no one says anything specific. From what I see and hear, it's like the whole inaccurate with short-passes deal that is also BS.

There are no examples. I've stated my opinion on the whole mess, and it wasn't meant to argue, it was meant to answer Pat's question in a long winded way. :couch:

justasportsfan
10-31-2007, 08:32 AM
the Ol has problems reading defenses. JP was doing fine last year until we rebuilt the OL again.