PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Bill Player

NC-BILLS44
10-31-2007, 10:44 AM
I figured we have a favorite player thread, why not ask who everyone's least favorite players are and were?

Current: Tim Anderson - no wait, he's gone. Nall - no wait he's gone too.
Even though he's on I-R - I'm not impressed with Webster at all.

All-Time: Rob Johnson

The King
10-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Chris Watson....

Horrific never has anyone sucked at anything as he sucked.

justasportsfan
10-31-2007, 10:50 AM
all time Robosack. Current? can it be a coach?

NC-BILLS44
10-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Chris Watson....

Oh, yeah, the punt catcher.

NC-BILLS44
10-31-2007, 10:52 AM
all time Robosack. Current? can it be a coach?

Sure why not?!?

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:52 AM
It's pretty even for current: Losman and Edwards

Past: McGahee, I feel like he just spit in the face of all the fans.

trapezeus
10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
i'm an idiot. when did Anderson get cut from the team?

bruce mattison was pretty bad for the bills back in the day. i remember being really young and seeing him in shotgun and taking the snap to the head multiple times.

mcgahee because he was the antithesis of a buffalo guy. johnson was bad, but in the end, he didn't complain about buffalo until he left.

Dr. Lecter
10-31-2007, 10:57 AM
All time has to be OJ. Afterall , he did kill two people.

As for somebody I disliked while he was here, I never liked Flutie or Greg "Tinker" Bell.

Current? Hmmmm..... Duke Preston.

BAM
10-31-2007, 10:57 AM
If I had to pick one (currently) it'd be Robert Royal. Does he ever do anything to help the team?

Michael82
10-31-2007, 11:00 AM
hmm, good choice! I can't stand Preston either. You can automatically notice a huge dropoff on the OL when he enters the field. :ill:

My all time is Rob Johnson. I couldn't stand that guy at all. :mad:

Night Train
Tie between Stew Barber or Peerless Price.

NC-BILLS44
i'm an idiot. when did Anderson get cut from the team?

bruce mattison was pretty bad for the bills back in the day. i remember being really young and seeing him in shotgun and taking the snap to the head multiple times.

mcgahee because he was the antithesis of a buffalo guy. johnson was bad, but in the end, he didn't complain about buffalo until he left.

Anderson got cut October 20th.

justasportsfan
10-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Sure why not?!?
Fairchild.

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Current: I don't dislike any player currently

All Time: Mark Kelso. He sucked balls and everyone around here liked him for some reason.

OpIv37
10-31-2007, 11:05 AM
My current was Tim Anderson, but with him gone, I think it's a toss-up between Royal and Tripplett.

All time: Rob Johnson, with Chris Watson a close second.

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2007, 11:06 AM
All Time: Ronnie Harmon

Come on people!!!

Now: I like all players.

NC-BILLS44
10-31-2007, 11:08 AM

Come on people!!!

Until 'The Drop', did you like Harmon?

madness
10-31-2007, 11:08 AM
If I had to pick one (currently) it'd be Robert Royal. Does he ever do anything to help the team?

Remember how everyone thought Pennington did a good job last year?

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Until 'The Drop', did you like Harmon?

I like him until the drop followed up with his excuse for the drop.

NC-BILLS44
10-31-2007, 11:10 AM
I like him until the drop followed up with his excuse for the drop.

Please refresh my memory. What was his excuse?

Bill Brasky
10-31-2007, 11:11 AM
all time:

1 - rob johnson
1a - willis mcgahee
2 - mike williams - just because he flat out sucked.

madness
10-31-2007, 11:11 AM
all time:

1 - rob johnson
1a - willis mcgahee

I concur.

PECKERWOOD
10-31-2007, 11:13 AM
Past: Willis McGahee
Current: Dick Jauron - I don't hate the guy but he has completely mishandled the QB situation since his arrival here.

PECKERWOOD
10-31-2007, 11:14 AM
all time:

1 - rob johnson
1a - willis mcgahee

Atleast Mike Williams talked Dockery into coming here. (they both played on the same team at Texas. )

Mike Williams was a nice character guy, unfortunately being a good person doesn't translate to the field.

mybills
10-31-2007, 11:19 AM
too many past players to count.

currently none. They're all in the same boat with different reasons.

User Manuel
10-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Current: Melvin Fowler (no particular reason why)

All-Time: Chris Burkett

NFL: Brian Cox

mikemac2001
10-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Ex: Lonnie Johnson Frustrated me so much

Current: Triplett he has done ****

Mad Bomber
10-31-2007, 12:36 PM
Current: now that Tim Anderson is gone, it has to be Peerless Price.

All time: Billy Joe Hobert, followed closely by Ronnie Harmon (post-drop) who was a huge locker room cancer.

NC-BILLS44
10-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Current: now that Tim Anderson is gone, it has to be Peerless Price.

All time: Billy Joe Hobert, followed closely by Ronnie Harmon (post-drop) who was a huge locker room cancer.

Billy Joe 'I didn't really read the playbook' Hobert.

bigbub2352
10-31-2007, 01:13 PM
MIKE SLOB WILLIAMS- he set the franchise back 5 yrs cause he sucked,
second too- Ronnie Harmon- nice hands pal

Mr. Pink
10-31-2007, 01:17 PM
everyone rips on Harmon but don't forget that Kelly was intercepted on the next play and that Norwood fell on an XP earlier in the game...That would be like me saying my least favorite Brown is Earnest Byner, which he isn't.

On to the topic...

Current - Toast McGee...he's a glorified "punt catcher"

All-time - Chris Watson...the original "punt catcher"

Both suck at corner.

hydro014
10-31-2007, 01:35 PM
I dont post often, but i needed to post in this one.

Doug Flutie (I think he was a cancer to our team)
Scott Norwood (even though he was a good kicker)

Dr. Lecter
10-31-2007, 01:37 PM
everyone rips on Harmon but don't forget that Kelly was intercepted on the next play and that Norwood fell on an XP earlier in the game...That would be like me saying my least favorite Brown is Earnest Byner, which he isn't.

On to the topic...

Both suck at corner.

The next play was 4th down and nobody was open. Kelly had no choice but to throw the pass and hope for the best or a penalty.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Current bill: Neufeld "he sucks"
past bill: doug Flutie

NorthCarBills
10-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Mark Kelso because of that aweful short-bus helmet he wore (just kidding he's OK and I know he was dealing with concussions).

Hard to argue with Chris Watson.

Mad Bomber
10-31-2007, 01:56 PM
everyone rips on Harmon but don't forget that Kelly was intercepted on the next play and that Norwood fell on an XP earlier in the game...
It isn't only that play that makes him my least favorite. What I really hated about him is that he was a cancer in the locker room. He stirred up a lot of racial tension and once told Andre Reed "you ain't no brother".

He was an arrogant, bigmouth ass who choked in big games (4 turnovers in the Rose Bowl while at Iowa) and "the drop".

DynaPaul
10-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Lonnie Johnson. The most worthless TE ever. I remember one game where he was wide open and actually caught a pass deep down the middle and then looked back at the defense like he was taunting them while still going forward. His dumb ass didn't see the safety and BAM! he got levelled.

John Doe
10-31-2007, 04:32 PM

Come on people!!!

You beat me to it. Nobody is even close.

Tatonka
10-31-2007, 04:40 PM

On to the topic...

Both suck at corner.
mcgee has played extremely well this season. i cant believe there is no one that you dislike more on the current team.. that is just crazy.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-31-2007, 06:48 PM
I don't have a least favorite, I don't like to say to many negative things about my team, but if I had to pick one it would be Josh Reed. The all-time one is tough, cough McGahee, but I will go with Ronnie Harmon.

Tatonka
10-31-2007, 06:58 PM
wow.. that is another shocker..

mcgee and reed now.. i mean i could understand how you might not think a player is that good.. but to dislike these guys more than any other player on the team?

mcgee, just based on his return ability should be a fan favorite.. not counting the 2 critical INTs this season (one to win a game).

and reed has been a model player.. has he been the best wr on the team? no.. but he has made his share of big plays.. i think people still dislike him because of year two.. which was what.. 3 years ago now?

i dont dislike any player on the team really.. all time? not really sure.. i can name other teams players i hate..

John Doe
10-31-2007, 07:19 PM

mcgee and reed now.. i mean i could understand how you might not think a player is that good.. but to dislike these guys more than any other player on the team?

mcgee, just based on his return ability should be a fan favorite.. not counting the 2 critical INTs this season (one to win a game).

and reed has been a model player.. has he been the best wr on the team? no.. but he has made his share of big plays.. i think people still dislike him because of year two.. which was what.. 3 years ago now?

i dont dislike any player on the team really.. all time? not really sure.. i can name other teams players i hate..

Thanks

G Wolly
10-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Current: Coy Wire

All-Time: Rob Johnson

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-31-2007, 07:23 PM

Hey, my least favorite is my choice, you don't have to try to sell me Josh Reed. It doesn't mean I hate him or dislike him, just is my least favorite.

MTBillsFan
10-31-2007, 07:29 PM
McGahee all time least favorite Bill

Bone
10-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Who was that guy aka wide right

:oops:

YardRat
10-31-2007, 08:19 PM
None on the current team, I root for them all.

Former...Too many to completely list but include Rueben Gant, Tom Ruud, Tom Cousineau (although technically he was never really a Bill), Bruce Mathison, John Parella, James Williams, Tony Hunter, Gary Anderson, Bob Nelson, Phil Dokes, etc etc...

T-Long
10-31-2007, 08:27 PM
All time its gotta be Rob Johnson hands down. But boy, Chris Watson is pretty high up on the list.

KO1
10-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Rob Johnson was and im sure still is a piece of sh**

Dr. Lecter
10-31-2007, 08:43 PM
I am a little shocked at the hate for Rob Johnson.

He did not work out, but there have been much bigger busts in team history, including classless busts.

Crisis
10-31-2007, 09:33 PM
jake arians
chris watson

T-Long
10-31-2007, 09:39 PM
jake arians
chris watson
jake arians! HA! Forgot about that stupid kicker

TheBrownBear
10-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Rob Johnson. He sucked ass, was a big time fricken loser, and to top it all off he's a SUC alum.

tampabay25690
10-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Past: Willis McGahee
Current: Dick Jauron - I don't hate the guy but he has completely mishandled the QB situation since his arrival here.

IT FIGURES YOU WOULD BE A YANKEE FAN AND NOTRE DAME FAN

JAURON WILL BE FINE HE WILL BUILD THIS TEAM UP.........

tampabay25690
10-31-2007, 10:51 PM
SCOTT NORWOOD.....LIVING AWAY FROM BUFFALO ALL YOU ARE EVER REMINDED OF IS 4 STARIGHT SB LOSES......IF HE HIT THAT FIELD GOAL THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT FOR US BILLS FANS!!!!!!!!

NOW..........PEERLESS PRICE SO OVERRATED..........

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:52 PM
IT FIGURES YOU WOULD BE A YANKEE FAN AND NOTRE DAME FAN

JAURON WILL BE FINE HE WILL BUILD THIS TEAM UP.........
Wow, you're on a roll tonight, and what's with the all-caps?

BTW, how are you liking your PS3?

BillsOverDolphins
10-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Least Favorite now: entire defensive line, Fowler
All-time: Robosack, Drew Bledsoe

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Least Favorite now: entire defensive line, Fowler
All-time: Robosack, Drew Bledsoe
Can you explain the hate for Bledsoe to me? I hear that from fellow Bills fans a lot. It obviously wasn't because of poor character, was it because we gave up so much and got nothing in return?

BillsOverDolphins
10-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Can you explain the hate for Bledsoe to me? I hear that from fellow Bills fans a lot. It obviously wasn't because of poor character, was it because we gave up so much and got nothing in return?
The last game of 2004 against the Steelers...I hate him

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 11:06 PM
The last game of 2004 against the Steelers...I hate him
Ah. I can see that, but honestly, that was on the whole team. When you lose to a bunch of third stringers it's not one mans fault lol.

BillsOverDolphins
10-31-2007, 11:12 PM
Ah. I can see that, but honestly, that was on the whole team. When you lose to a bunch of third stringers it's not one mans fault lol.
I know, d could of played better too, but bledsoe's fumble killed the almost--improbable season...without that fumble we are only down 19-17 with plenty of time left

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 11:13 PM
I know, d could of played better too, but bledsoe's fumble killed the almost--improbable season...without that fumble we are only down 19-17 with plenty of time left
True, but some would argue that the game changed when Lindell missed that chip shot :(

BillsOverDolphins
10-31-2007, 11:17 PM
True, but some would argue that the game changed when Lindell missed that chip shot :(
touche...regardless, just another chapter in Miserable Buffalo Bills Moments

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 11:19 PM
touche...regardless, just another chapter in Miserable Buffalo Bills Moments
Yeah, give it a few years. We'll be back.

BillsOverDolphins
10-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah, give it a few years. We'll be back.
I sure as hell hope so. 8 and counting so far...

Jaybird
10-31-2007, 11:52 PM
norwood???

anyone have a problem with him????

Carlton Bailey
11-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Current: Melvin Fowler

Past: Leif Larsen

jamze132
11-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Chris Watson....

I couldn't agree more. By the time I got to see this thread, it already had 3 pages and I have to say I, I was suprised that someone despised that douche as much as I do.

:buddies:

DraftBoy
11-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Current: Terrance "Burnt Toast" McGee
All-Time: Todd Collins

Billz_fan
11-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Ronnie Harmon, the drop. Although I don't pin that game on him completely this guy was always suspect.

There have always been rumblings that Harmon took cash to throw the Rose Bowl in 1986.

This is from a 2002 article and this was actually a piece on HBO Real Sports

http://iowa.scout.com/2/55311.html

More than 16 years after Ronnie Harmon’s final football game for Iowa, people are still saying he threw the 1986 Rose Bowl.

Harmon, a standout running back and pass receiver who lettered as a Hawkeye from 1982-85, is featured on the Real Sports show on HBO.

Michael Franzese, a thug who was associated with sports agent Norby Walters, said on the show that evidence points to the belief that Harmon threw the Rose Bowl game against UCLA.

That is not a new thought. It’s been debated for years.

Harmon, who had lost only one fumble during Iowa’s 10-1 regular season, coughed up the ball four times in the first half against the Bruins, who won the game, 45-28.

Tape of the game is shown as Franzese is interviewed by correspondent Bernard Goldberg.

“I can’t honestly say because I was away in prison at the time,’’ Franzese said. “It doesn’t look good, that’s for sure.

“And I would certainly have my suspicions.”

“Which are?’’ Goldberg asks.

“He threw the game,’’ Franzese answers.

Goldberg then says Harmon, “who admits he took $50,000 from Walters and Franzese, denies he threw the Rose Bowl game.’’

When I was at the Chicago Bears’ preseason training camp four years ago, I interviewed Harmon and asked him about the controversial Rose Bowl game.

He told me he didn’t fumble intentionally.

Hayden Fry, Iowa’s retired coach, supports Harmon.

In his book, "Hayden Fry: A High-Porch Picnic", Fry wrote this of the Rose Bowl game:

“Harmon took a lot of heat because he lost four fumbles, all in the first half. That was uncharacteristic of him; I think he fumbled once during the regular season.

“The game film reveals that every fumble he lost was caused by a UCLA defender making a hard hit. They just knocked the ball loose.

“They did a great job of tackling. UCLA made bad things happen to Iowa; Iowa didn’t self-destruct. Ronnie Harmon had a tremendous football career with the Hawkeyes, and I hated to see it end that way. He enjoyed a long, successful career in the NFL, and I always enjoy seeing him when he comes by to visit.’’

Dan McCarney, then Iowa’s defensive line coach and now Iowa State’s head coach, said Harmon’s four fumbles in the Rose Bowl game still puzzle him.

“It was so uncharacteristic of him,’’ McCarney said. “It was a shock to all of us on the sideline. Harmon had great ball security, tremendous speed and his hands were as great as anyone I’ve seen in a collegiate running

prinycesa07
11-03-2007, 01:02 PM
OJ!

And the Mcgahee

im4bflo
11-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Chris Watson....

I agree 100%! He's the only Bill that was ever on the roster, that drove me nuts!!! And I was so happy when he was gone!

MikeInRoch
11-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Didn't it come out that Bledsoe refused to follow the game plan in that fated Pittsburgh game, basically telling the coaches (during the game) that he was the QB and he would do what he wanted?

Spiderweb
11-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Lonnie Johnson. The most worthless TE ever. I remember one game where he was wide open and actually caught a pass deep down the middle and then looked back at the defense like he was taunting them while still going forward. His dumb ass didn't see the safety and BAM! he got levelled.

...vs. Green Bay

Historian
11-04-2007, 05:49 AM
Rod Kush