PDA

View Full Version : This week, i expect a great game from JP.

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Basically if JP does not get the offense to score this week, we will lose, and he will be on his way out the door in Buffalo. The Bengals will score, however their defense is atrocious. A great performance and i believe the coaching staff will give the the job back to Losman, especially with the grumblings in the locker room about the QB switch.

He better play like his career is on the line, which it is.

justasportsfan
10-31-2007, 11:43 AM
He's already out the door. All this is , is an audtion for other teams.

mchurchfie
10-31-2007, 11:48 AM
:hi5:

Ed
10-31-2007, 11:49 AM
Sad, but probably true.

PECKERWOOD
10-31-2007, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't go as far to say that Losman is out the door, not yet. I didn't see enough promise out of Edwards to say that he is the future. IMO, that is the problem with this franchise, we are so quick to run QB's out of town. Everybody always favors the incumbent around here. Anyways, I can see Losman having a nice day but I also see us pounding the ball alot in an attempt to keep Palmer & Co., off of the field. We don't have the fire power to compete with the Bengals ina shoot out, but I will say that I like our running backs alot better than Cinci's so I think if we play it close then we got a shot at squeezing this one out.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Losman has to be lights out to keep his job, its do or die time for him.

scott51
10-31-2007, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't go as far to say that Losman is out the door, not yet. I didn't see enough promise out of Edwards to say that he is the future. IMO, that is the problem with this franchise, we are so quick to run QB's out of town. Everybody always favors the incumbent around here. Anyways, I can see Losman having a nice day but I also see us pounding the ball alot in an attempt to keep Palmer & Co., off of the field. We don't have the fire power to compete with the Bengals ina shoot out, but I will say that I like our running backs alot better than Cinci's so I think if we play it close then we got a shot at squeezing this one out.

In peoples defense, I will put up a list of QB's that we have "run" out of town (this will not be a complete list):

Todd Collins
Rob Johnson
Billy Jo Hobert
Drew Bledsoe
Doug Flutie
Travis Brown (I think his first name was Travis)

Of that list, who as gone on to bigger and better things? The only one was Rob Johnson who was lucky enough to get a backup role with the Bucs when they won the Superbowl.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 12:05 PM
In peoples defense, I will put up a list of QB's that we have "run" out of town (this will not be a complete list):

Todd Collins
Rob Johnson
Billy Jo Hobert
Drew Bledsoe
Doug Flutie

Of that list, who as gone on to bigger and better things? The only one was Rob Johnson who was lucky enough to get a backup role with the Bucs when they won the Superbowl.QB's run themselves out of town with crappy play. They have no one else to blame except themselves Losman would be no exception, especially because he has another chance against a crappy defense to win peoples confidence.

raphael120
10-31-2007, 12:07 PM

Keyword is YOU didn't see enough promise from Edwards. Jauron has, and that's why he named Edwards the starter and sat JP.

justasportsfan
10-31-2007, 12:09 PM
QB's run themselves out of town with crappy play. They have no one else to blame except themselves Losman would be no exception, especially because he has another chance against a crappy defense to win peoples confidence.

You mean Mooalrkey and Greg Williams have nothing to do with our failures?

I knew it, If JP plays well , it's against a crappy Bengals. But when TE scores only 3 points against the jets, what is it?

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Its appauling how some people look at think just at one side.

I like Trent Edwards, he has a great chance to go a very good QB. I think JP is getting an absolute raw deal here though. People at the beginning of the year were saying that he was going to take the next step, and he had 2 games where he didnt perform up to expectations against 2 very good defenses. Then OUR defense starts playing well right when Trent comes in, and all of the sudden Trent is our savoir. What has he even done? He won the first Jets game for us, he played great that game, sure but the Jets freaking suck.

The Dallas loss, we had 3 defensive touchdowns and lost, thats ridiculous. Trent lost the game with a terrible decision throwing into double coverage.

Trent has 1TD and 5 picks in 5 games, what is so great about that? His completion percentage is inflated because of the constant checkdowns, at least when JP is in there he tries to pick up the first down on 3rd and 10.

I feel that JP is the man for the job right now, because he is the better quarterback right now. We arent dead yet, and JP gives us the best chance to win. I know i will get eaten alive for this, because this board has turned into a Trent lovefest here, but that is how i feel.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 12:34 PM

I knew it, If JP plays well , it's against a crappy Bengals. But when TE scores only 3 points against the jets, what is it? For the final time, ROOKIE qb struggles a bit in his 4TH start, I still saw plenty of positives from TE so ill i can let it slide. But losman doesn't have that Luxury. People in the bills organization want edwards as the qb, so the ONLY WAY losman can still win this job is he needs to play great against a crappy team because he is running out of time. Losman may be getting a "raw deal"according to some, but thats the reality of the situation if he's going to break through nows the time.

edited for TOS

TacklingDummy
10-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Its

The Dallas loss, we had 3 defensive touchdowns and lost, thats ridiculous. Trent lost the game with a terrible decision throwing into double coverage.

I get it now. When the Bills lose it's Trents fault. Even though when he left the field the Bills were up by 8.

When the Bills lose when JP starts, it's everyone elses fault but JPs.

Wow, I finally get it.

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-31-2007, 12:41 PM
If Trent didnt throw that interceptions, the bills most likely get a field goal and win.

The point is we scored 3 defensive/special teams touchdowns and scored 24 points....

Whose fault is that? We should have routed them......but Trent couldnt move the ball all night and threw that costly interception.

There you go

OpIv37
10-31-2007, 12:42 PM
Keyword is YOU didn't see enough promise from Edwards. Jauron has, and that's why he named Edwards the starter and sat JP.

Jauron named Edwards the starter? Seems to me like we don't have a starting QB- Jauron just goes with whoever played better in the last outing and says the other guy is "injured." Naming a starter would require guts and decision making ability, neither of which are in Jauron's skill set.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 12:48 PM
If Trent didnt throw that interceptions, the bills most likely get a field goal and win.

The point is we scored 3 defensive/special teams touchdowns and scored 24 points....

Whose fault is that? We should have routed them......but Trent couldnt move the ball all night and threw that costly interception.

There you go Your thinking too much, granted your not doing a good job at it but at least your trying. The interception had effect on the game whatsoever, "we picked the ball off, and dallas scored no points" A double reverse on 3rd and 1 which we lost 6 yards prevented the offense from moving the chains cost the bills. But if you must place blame, recover the damn onsides kick bobby april would be the logical place to start.

OpIv37
10-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Your thinking too much, granted your not doing a good job at it but at least your trying. The interception had effect on the game whatsoever, "we picked the ball off, and dallas scored no points" A double reverse on 3rd and 1 which we lost 6 yards prevented the offense from moving the chains cost the bills. But if you must place blame, recover the damn onsides kick bobby april would be the logical place to start.

actually it was a reverse- not a double reverse. You're confusing a reverse and an end-around. But that's splitting hairs- you're absolutely right that it was an awful Mularkey-esque play call.

Mad Bomber
10-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Your thinking too much, granted your not doing a good job at it but at least your trying. The interception had effect on the game whatsoever, "we picked the ball off, and dallas scored no points"
The interception that TE threw in the Dallas game had a huge impact on the game. We were within easy FG range. While it's true that Dallas didn't score as a result of the pick, neither did we score because of the pick.

justasportsfan
10-31-2007, 01:08 PM
God, you really do have iq of a bag of top soil don't you. For the final time, ROOKIE qb struggles a bit in his 4TH start, I still saw plenty of positives from TE so ill i can let it slide. But losman doesn't have that Luxury. People in the bills organization want edwards as the qb, so the ONLY WAY losman can still win this job is he needs to play great against a crappy team because he is running out of time. Losman may be getting a "raw deal"according to some, but thats the reality of the situation if he's going to break through nows the time.
Ah the rookie card.

Now you know why I wanted JP. He gives us the best chance to win NOW, not the rookie. You following me so far?

Now if and when the rookie was as ready as Rivers was , then we let JP go the way the chargers let Brees go. Should I dumb this further?

Checkmate.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 01:09 PM
The interception that TE threw in the Dallas game had a huge impact on the game. We were within easy FG range. While it's true that Dallas didn't score as a result of the pick, neither did we score because of the pick. Its a factor but its not the only reason why we lost the game, i can pick 3-5 plays other then the pick that were bigger reasons why we lost that game. We lose as a team the fact that people want to give edwards that entire loss just angers me to no end.

acehole
10-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Losman has to be lights out to keep his job, its do or die time for him.

Naaa just a "W" will do. That is the standard that has been set.

5 picks 10 picks ...no TD's it doesnt mater a win is a win.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Ah the rookie card.

Now you know why I wanted JP. He gives us the best chance to win NOW, not the rookie. You following me so far?

Now if and when the rookie was as ready as Rivers was , then we let JP go the way the chargers let Brees go. Should I dumb this further?

Checkmate. Well your dumbing it down alright, but not proving any valid points. The team has still played better under edwards and you have only come up with brillant excuses like, "well the defense, and offensive line have both started playing well under trent not jp, or the JP has played better defenses card." Bottomline the team as a whole has been better under trent, if jp shows he can lead the team as well then i have no problem with him playing, but judging what i have seen from JP in the past im not very optimistic. Justa in my point was that JP needs to play lights out football here on out to save his job. Do you agree or disagree?

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Naaa just a "W" will do. That is the standard that has been set.

5 picks 10 picks ...no TD's it doesnt mater a win is a win.Nope if JP plays average he'll lose the Job to trent. Commonsense.

Mad Bomber
10-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Its a factor but its not the only reason why we lost the game, i can pick 3-5 plays other then the pick that were bigger reasons why we lost that game. We lose as a team the fact that people want to give edwards that entire loss just angers me to no end.

I never said it's the only reason we lost, and I never pinned the entire loss on Edwards. I just responded to your post that said it "had [no] effect on the game whatsoever".

justasportsfan
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Well your dumbing it down alright, but not proving any valid points. The team has still played better under edwards and you have only come up with brillant excuses like, "well the defense, and offensive line have both started playing well under trent not jp, or the JP has played better defenses card." Bottomline the team as a whole has been better under trent, if jp shows he can lead the team as well then i have no problem with him playing, but judging what i have seen from JP in the past im not very optimistic. Justa in my point was that JP needs to play lights out football here on out to save his job. Do you agree or disagree?

It depends on what your definition of playing better means. TOP, definitely. Points. NO! JP has surppassed last year what Edwards has been able to do nos. wise.JP had way better nos. against the jets and Ravens when they were better last year without any help from the D.

JP beat someone who was better than TE in a qb competition. Holcomb. Til' this day I wonder why we got rid of him over JP if TOP was more important to Fairchild.

I disagree. JP is gone. He's done even if he throws for 10 TD's and 500 yards. The coaches made that clear when they decided to bench him in favor of the rookie. So if TE doesn't improve will you blame his failures on him too in the future?

When does blamming the players end?

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 01:36 PM
It depends on what your definition of playing better means. TOP, definitely. Points. NO! JP has surppassed last year what Edwards has been able to do nos. wise. JP beat someone who was exactly like TE in a qb competition.

I disagree. JP is gone. He's done even if he throws for 10 TD's and 500 yards. The coaches made that clear when they decided to bench him in favor of the rookie. So if TE doesn't improve will you blame his failures on him too in the future?

When does blamming the players end?If JP has a good week passing 250-300 yards and 2td he's the starter for the next game at least. I would bet money on it. The coaching staff may like edwards but benching a qb after a good performance would require a sac that no one on this coaching staff has.

mybills
10-31-2007, 01:45 PM
If he's passing 250 - 300 he'll prolly have more than 2 TD's.
Hey, let's give some love to Lynch! How 'bout getting over 100 for him! :pray:

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 01:53 PM
If he's passing 250 - 300 he'll prolly have more than 2 TD's.
Hey, let's give some love to Lynch! How 'bout getting over 100 for him! :pray:I agree i thought he would have broke a hundred against the jets but in the next two weeks he'll have a good shot as well.

Philagape
10-31-2007, 01:58 PM
Trent lost the game with a terrible decision throwing into double coverage.

This is the kind of thing that separates objective analysis from juvenile bias.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to pin that kind of blame on that play in THAT game and sound like it comes from any kind of knowledge or intelligence or comprehension of that game and this sport. It cannot be done.

Now those with that same kind of defective reasoning, a simple-minded, black-and-white, me-vs.-you, love-him-or-hate-him mentality, will assume that this post is an attempt to defend Trent or deflect blame for that interception.

No.

This post is indignation at exactly that type of thinking; a mindset, whether conscious or subconscious, that somehow creates a link between "Trent shouldn't start now" to "Trent lost the Dallas game." That kind of thinking has no place on this board or on this planet. It is a embarrassing shame that that kind of subhuman thought exists on "the holy grail of Bills forums."

When you walk off the field for the last time with an eight-point lead, you have not lost the game. Was he responsible for that eight-point lead? No. Since that eight-point lead miraculously vanishes in 20 seconds in the greatest blunder this side of Home Run Throwback, the issue of who built it is irrelevant.

The incredible, one-of-a-kind breakdown at the end of that game is the primary reason it was lost. Irrefutable, absolute truth. Was it the only thing that lost it? No. Other mistakes were made, including the interception. As in all our games, the running game did little. But few gaffes in the history of football measure up to the monumental chain of mistakes first by the special teams and then by the defense at the end.

An interception throwing into double coverage is indeed a bad mistake. If not for Lee Evans, we would have relived it against the Jets. If that had happened, and the defense had committed the same caliber of blunder as it did against Dallas (as unlikely as that would have been), and someone fingered JP as the main culprit, everything I've said here would go toward that as well.

This is all obviously beating a dead horse, but as long as people keep making the despicable claim, I'll beat the crap out of it. And I'd do it for JP or any other Bill. I've defended JP over this kind of crap for two years.

Tatonka
10-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Basically if JP does not get the offense to score this week, we will lose, and he will be on his way out the door in Buffalo. The Bengals will score, however their defense is atrocious. A great performance and i believe the coaching staff will give the the job back to Losman, especially with the grumblings in the locker room about the QB switch.

He better play like his career is on the line, which it is.

agreed

Tatonka
10-31-2007, 02:33 PM

yeah.. right up until TE threw another lame ass pick and sucked balls against the awful jets defense.. and now he is right back on JP.. and Trent "is still injured".

dont kid yourself.. neither qb has **** written in stone right now.. all that matters is how "the guy" plays this week.

PcA125
10-31-2007, 02:34 PM
I can see Losman having a nice day but I also see us pounding the ball alot in an attempt to keep Palmer & Co., off of the field. We don't have the fire power to compete with the Bengals ina shoot out, but I will say that I like our running backs alot better than Cinci's so I think if we play it close then we got a shot at squeezing this one out.

I think this is exactly what we will do, much like dick's gameplan against the colts last year. Almost worked.

Tatonka
10-31-2007, 02:36 PM

I knew it, If JP plays well , it's against a crappy Bengals. But when TE scores only 3 points against the jets, what is it?

TE is a rookie.. that is why the jets defense was so hard to score on! well.. at least hard for TE to score on.. it didnt seem hard for jp to score on.. 10 points in 3 drives even with roscoe dropping a sure td.

Philagape
10-31-2007, 02:48 PM
even with roscoe dropping a sure td.

Kinda hard to score a TD when he fell down trying to slow down for the pass.

DynaPaul
10-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Well, after facing 2 of the best defenses as a starter JP now gets his shot to go against one of the worst defenses. No excuses. If he doesn't play well and the offense sputters I don't think there's much that can be said in his defense. He's gotta step it up this week or just step out. I don't wanna hear any BS about the playcalling or any other excuse come Sunday night if he doesn't score well against the Bungles.

PECKERWOOD
10-31-2007, 03:09 PM

Are you saying that you've seen enough promise from him and everyone else has? Notice how Jauron said that the starting QB is now week to week again. You're acting like Jauron is a decisive coach and he has made up his mind, which is not true.

acehole
10-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Nope if JP plays average he'll lose the Job to trent. Commonsense.

A Win is a win baby....beside that theory just got blown out by the coaches presser.

thanks for playing though.

raphael120
10-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Preaseason and Week 1, 2 is when i expected great play from JP. I doubt we'll really get anything abnormal.

acehole
10-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Nope if JP plays average he'll lose the Job to trent. Commonsense.

You might be right about that formula...it seemed to be the same one they used to replace JP...now all JP has to do is throw 5 picks and one 3 yard TD in 5 games and he will win all of your hearts back. Camel you really need to move on here...you used to post rational thoughts on this board. Try to enjoy the game this Sunday will you? Admitt you would rather have JP stink up the place then have the Bills win...... This debate is over for now and your boy wont even suit up...get over it AND MOVE ON! If JP wins maybe Trent can play the last play of the game and you can credit him with one more win to make your case?

hahahahah

John Doe
10-31-2007, 06:39 PM

Todd Collins
Rob Johnson
Billy Jo Hobert
Drew Bledsoe
Doug Flutie

Of that list, who as gone on to bigger and better things? The only one was Rob Johnson who was lucky enough to get a backup role with the Bucs when they won the Superbowl.

I know its not complete, but add Dennis Shaw to the list.

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 07:14 PM
I expect a great game from our QB every week no matter who we're playing and no matter who is starting. You get paid damn good money to perform so you damn well better perform.

Cntrygal
10-31-2007, 07:32 PM
I expect a great game from our QB every week no matter who we're playing and no matter who is starting. You get paid damn good money to perform so you damn well better perform.

:up:

I expect that out of every player AND the coaches!

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 07:33 PM
:up:

I expect that out of every player AND the coaches!
Yup. Sadly, some are satisfied with mediocrity and make excuses :(

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 09:22 PM
You might be right about that formula...it seemed to be the same one they used to replace JP...now all JP has to do is throw 5 picks and one 3 yard TD in 5 games and he will win all of your hearts back. Camel you really need to move on here...you used to post rational thoughts on this board. Try to enjoy the game this Sunday will you? Admitt you would rather have JP stink up the place then have the Bills win...... This debate is over for now and your boy wont even suit up...get over it AND MOVE ON! If JP wins maybe Trent can play the last play of the game and you can credit him with one more win to make your case?

hahahahahYour out of line, don't question who i want to win on sunday. Just because i have a preference at qb doesn't mean i don't want the bills to win. I've stated that plenty of times. Don't question my fanhood because you disagree with my opinion. Im done don't worry about me posting about this till next week.

acehole
10-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Your out of line, don't question who i want to win on sunday. Just because i have a preference at qb doesn't mean i don't want the bills to win. I've stated that plenty of times. Don't question my fanhood because you disagree with my opinion. Im done don't worry about me posting about this till next week.

Yea well JP won that Jet game on his back and all you did was beech.

I am just going by what you posted..by that measure I dont think I am to far off the mark with this.....

G. Host
10-31-2007, 09:43 PM

So you are saying he is not good enough to change their minds?

Sad for I hoped even to the end that even RJ was salvageable.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Yea well JP won that Jet game on his back and all you did was beech.

I am just going by what you posted..by that measure I dont think I am to far off the mark with this..... Well why don't we give losman the key to the city? The game was tied he led the team to a field goal and a bad decision turned to a lucky touchdown for this team. Im sorry the touchdown pass was a bad decision and his performance hasn't made me want to give losman the job, thats my view and you have deal. Trents injuried losmans that man this week i hope he lights it up, i just haven't seen anything in the past that gives me any confidence he will. GO BILLS!!!

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Well why don't we give losman the key to the city? The game was tied he led the team to a field goal and a bad decision turned to a lucky touchdown for this team. Im sorry the touchdown pass was a bad decision and his performance hasn't made me want to give losman the job, thats my view and you have deal. Trents injuried losmans that man this week i hope he lights it up, i just haven't seen anything in the past that gives me any confidence he will. GO BILLS!!!
And Edwards hasn't done anything to prove that he's all the much better either. We're just ****ed no matter who's starting so why pick sides?

Philagape
10-31-2007, 10:09 PM
Yea well JP won that Jet game on his back

On his back. Wow. Welcome to the Church of JP Losman, where he fought off two DBs, using the Force to make them run into each other so his pass wouldn't be picked, ran the remaining 43 yards, and also held the Jets to 3 points all by himself. :hail:

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:11 PM
On his back. Wow. Welcome to the Church of JP Losman, where he fought off two DBs, using the Force to make them run into each other so his pass wouldn't be picked, ran the remaining 43 yards, and also held the Jets to 3 points all by himself. :hail:
I feel somewhat of a double standard a-brewin here.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 10:18 PM
And Edwards hasn't done anything to prove that he's all the much better either. We're just ****ed no matter who's starting so why pick sides?You can sit on the fence till you have a hemroid, I respect going with the safe statement like both quarterbacks suck. When your looking for hope you go with potential, I have seen alot of rookies play in this league and i have never seen a debut game like he had against the jets. I like his quick release and his accuracy i think he's going to be really good.

Philagape
10-31-2007, 10:21 PM
I feel somewhat of a double standard a-brewin here.

Find a post where I've said anything remotely like that about Trent.

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:24 PM
You can sit on the fence till you have a hemroid, I respect going with the safe statement like both quarterbacks suck. When your looking for hope you go with potential, I have seen alot of rookies play in this league and i have never seen a debut game like he had against the jets. I like his quick release and his accuracy i think he's going to be really good.
Reporter: "He's got great potential coach."

Parcells: "You know what potential means?"

Reporter: "No, tell me."

Parcells: "It means you haven't done anything yet."

I, much like Parcells expect results, Edwards has done nothing to make me think he has "it." He's been nothing short of mediocre-bad. BTW, I already picked a QB that I'd go with, go back and read my posts and threads :up:

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Find a post where I've said anything remotely like that about Trent. i'll be the first one to admit Trent needs a ton of work, but he's ahead of the learning curve for a rookie qb thats why he should. He is not that far behind jp, and if both qbs need work go with the one with less expirence who has more potential.

Philagape
10-31-2007, 10:29 PM
i'll be the first one to admit Trent needs a ton of work, but he's ahead of the learning curve for a rookie qb thats why he should. He is not that far behind jp, and if both qbs need work go with the one with less expirence who has more potential.

Be careful, having a preference means you worship one and hate the other. :insane:

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Reporter: "He's got great potential coach."

Parcells: "You know what potential means?"

Reporter: "No, tell me."

Parcells: "It means you haven't done anything yet."

I, much like Parcells expect results, Edwards has done nothing to make me think he has "it." He's been nothing short of mediocre-bad. BTW, I already picked a QB that I'd go with, go back and read my posts and threads :up:What has jp really done in his 24 games? What has parcells done lately? Why make statements like "why take a side they both suck if you have already taken a side." The bills are winning just keep it going i don't care if we platoon qbs.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Be careful, having a preference means you worship one and hate the other. :insane: I can't wait till trent leads the bills to ten points in a quarter and be able to say he carried them on his back :rolleyes:

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:38 PM
What has jp really done in his 24 games? What has parcells done lately? Why make statements like "why take a side they both suck if you have already taken a side." The bills are winning just keep it going i don't care if we platoon qbs.
Well I was basically asked to pick which one I'd go with right now so I did, still doesn't mean I have much confidence in the guy.

Losman has done jack-****, which is why I feel quite confident in saying that they both suck because neither has done crap and I don't see either one of them being in a Bills uniform this time three years from now.

Parcells hasn't done crap, I just like the "potential" quote. One of my personal all-time favorites.

But I'll ask you the same question, what has Edwards really done in five games? I understand the rookie QB argument (don't agree with it but I understand.) How many rookie QB's go four strait games without a freaking TD? I mean seriously....... I'm just looking for some glimmer of hope with the guy. Instead our Defense and ST's has outscored our Offense with him at the helm. It just doesn't make me feel too confident about him as our future......

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:39 PM
I can't wait till trent leads the bills to ten points in a quarter and be able to say he carried them on his back :rolleyes:
I'd be happy if the guy would just throw a TD at this point. Also, the whole thing with Losman carrying the team on his back is B.S. too, it's not like we were losing when he came into the game.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Well I was basically asked to pick which one I'd go with right now so I did, still doesn't mean I have much confidence in the guy.

Losman has done jack-****, which is why I feel quite confident in saying that they both suck because neither has done crap and I don't see either one of them being in a Bills uniform this time three years from now.

Parcells hasn't done crap, I just like the "potential" quote. One of my personal all-time favorites.

But I'll ask you the same question, what has Edwards really done in five games? I understand the rookie QB argument (don't agree with it but I understand.) How many rookie QB's go four strait games without a freaking TD? I mean seriously....... I'm just looking for some glimmer of hope with the guy. Instead our Defense and ST's has outscored our Offense with him at the helm. It just doesn't make me feel too confident about him as our future......I don't have a solid answer for you, the only i can say is that conservative play calling has really hampered him. Shovel passes on third down in the redzone. Most of the time went trent reaches the redzone the play calling is just awful. Aggressive play calling when they should be conservative has really hampered both qbs. Problems start with coaching. JP should be used in a denver style offense IMO. He has talent that is just being wasted by this coaching staff as well.

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:51 PM
I don't have a solid answer for you, the only i can say is that conservative play calling has really hampered him. Shovel passes on third down in the redzone. Most of the time went trent reaches the redzone the play calling is just awful. Aggressive play calling when they should be conservative has really hampered both qbs. Problems start with coaching. JP should be used in a denver style offense IMO. He has talent that is just being wasted by this coaching staff as well.
Ah ha, a person who is willing to admit that the coaching has screwed not one QB but both!

Dammit, now I can't argue with you anymore because you are making too much sense.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Ah ha, a person who is willing to admit that the coaching has screwed not one QB but both!

Dammit, now I can't argue with you anymore because you are making too much sense. Oh yeah, Losman has definately been screwed by his coaching staffs. The kids a athlete that they have forced into a pocket passer mold. If this coaching staff had half a brain they would sprinkle in bootlegs to allow him to throw on the run. The kid has the weapon of being able to run and he's being forced to stay exclusively in the pocket. Losman would be perfect for the Denver offense, but he just doesn't fit the offensive scheme of the bills. Edwards imo is the better fit for this offense. Now we could fire the coaching staff, but i doubt that will happen so go with the qb who will be better for the system.

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 11:36 PM
Oh yeah, Losman has definately been screwed by his coaching staffs. The kids a athlete that they have forced into a pocket passer mold. If this coaching staff had half a brain they would sprinkle in bootlegs to allow him to throw on the run. The kid has the weapon of being able to run and he's being forced to stay exclusively in the pocket. Losman would be perfect for the Denver offense, but he just doesn't fit the offensive scheme of the bills. Edwards imo is the better fit for this offense. Now we could fire the coaching staff, but i doubt that will happen so go with the qb who will be better for the system.
Quit making sense.

shelby
11-01-2007, 04:23 AM
camel brings up some very valid points.

TacklingDummy
11-01-2007, 06:13 AM

You keep beating the drum about this. The problem I have with you saying JP gives the Bills the best chance to win NOW is what is the Bills record when either QB starts? If JP gave the Bills the best chance to "win NOW" you would think they would be better than 0-3 win he starts and 3-1 win the other guy starts.

Obviously the team plays better when Trent starts. So wouldn't that mean that Trent gives the Bills the best chance to "win NOW"?

gr8slayer
11-01-2007, 10:00 AM
You keep beating the drum about this. The problem I have with you saying JP gives the Bills the best chance to win NOW is what is the Bills record when either QB starts? If JP gave the Bills the best chance to "win NOW" you would think they would be better than 0-3 win he starts and 3-1 win the other guy starts.

Obviously the team plays better when Trent starts. So wouldn't that mean that Trent gives the Bills the best chance to "win NOW"?
3-2

justasportsfan
11-01-2007, 10:23 AM

we're winning inspite of TE.(disclaimer: not his fault) he's not responsible for his 3-1 record. The D and ST are. His job is to score points. He hasn't done it (not his fault)

IF JP had the D thats played the last few games, we woulda,coulda,shoulda've won the denver game and in the playoffs last year. :snicker:

TacklingDummy
11-01-2007, 12:35 PM
IF JP had the D thats played the last few games, we woulda,coulda,shoulda've won the denver game and in the playoffs last year. :snicker:

So playing better had nothing to do with the D being off the field for an extra 7 minutes?

This D hasn't played that much better. It's just the offense has sustained drives and has kept them off the field. Plus 2 of the last 4 games were against the pathetic Jets offense.

acehole
11-01-2007, 01:06 PM
So playing better had nothing to do with the D being off the field for an extra 7 minutes?

This D hasn't played that much better. It's just the offense has sustained drives and has kept them off the field. Plus 2 of the last 4 games were against the pathetic Jets offense.

yawn....

acehole
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Oh yeah, Losman has definately been screwed by his coaching staffs. The kids a athlete that they have forced into a pocket passer mold. If this coaching staff had half a brain they would sprinkle in bootlegs to allow him to throw on the run. The kid has the weapon of being able to run and he's being forced to stay exclusively in the pocket. Losman would be perfect for the Denver offense, but he just doesn't fit the offensive scheme of the bills. Edwards imo is the better fit for this offense. Now we could fire the coaching staff, but i doubt that will happen so go with the qb who will be better for the system.

Who are you and what have you done with camlcoyboy.

acehole
11-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Just watched that DENVER GAME AGAIN and we missed an easy FG that would have been the game winner...and the point these guys want to make is if TE was in there we would have scored the FG and won the game...

we're winning inspite of TE.(disclaimer: not his fault) he's not responsible for his 3-1 record. The D and ST are. His job is to score points. He hasn't done it (not his fault)

gr8slayer
11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Just watched that DENVER GAME AGAIN and we missed an easy FG that would have been the game winner...and the point these guys want to make is if TE was in there we would have scored the FG and won the game...
Well one thing is for sure. Edwards wouldn't have thrown a TD, he can't seem to figure that out.

acehole
11-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Well one thing is for sure. Edwards wouldn't have thrown a TD, he can't seem to figure that out.

Agreed but I hope all of this has gotten through to JP.
He has to improve his accuracy (short) while pulling back his
velocity...not easiest thing to do with a big arm...we all know
he can go long....he will have the Bengals game to see progress
in short game. In Buffalo we have to do that in December run and
short pass...while being a threat long is good to keep d's honest
it is that short game that he has to run like a clock...which is why
coaching has a hard on for Edwards. I think they are discovering u
need more then a short game to win.....they also know you need
more then a long game to win as well. Can JP improve his short game
quicker then TE can learn and train for the long one?

justasportsfan
11-01-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm almost sure, Ralph will give the OL extra bonus if they fail to block for JP all game long. :snicker:

TacklingDummy
11-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm almost sure, Ralph will give the OL extra bonus if they fail to block for JP all game long. :snicker:

Like they did to Trent the last game?

Bills4Life83
11-01-2007, 07:13 PM
JP has always doen just enough to get by. The good news is this week just enough means he has to be great. I am glad he gets another chance now that the fire has been lit under his butt.

Saratoga Slim
11-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Its appauling how some people look at think just at one side.

I like Trent Edwards, he has a great chance to go a very good QB. I think JP is getting an absolute raw deal here though. People at the beginning of the year were saying that he was going to take the next step, and he had 2 games where he didnt perform up to expectations against 2 very good defenses. Then OUR defense starts playing well right when Trent comes in, and all of the sudden Trent is our savoir. What has he even done? He won the first Jets game for us, he played great that game, sure but the Jets freaking suck.

Trent has 1TD and 5 picks in 5 games, what is so great about that? His completion percentage is inflated because of the constant checkdowns, at least when JP is in there he tries to pick up the first down on 3rd and 10.

I feel that JP is the man for the job right now, because he is the better quarterback right now. We arent dead yet, and JP gives us the best chance to win. I know i will get eaten alive for this, because this board has turned into a Trent lovefest here, but that is how i feel.

I've got to admit I was ready to see Trent after the first couple games, and I can't blame Jauron for starting Trent last week. But Trent's injury is poetic justice--JP gets another chance under the same circumstances that Trent got his. I hope he takes advantage of it and scores us some points.

im4bflo
11-01-2007, 09:43 PM
He either proves himself, or I'm willing to give the Rook his chance
to become our future.
And if he doesn't improve, we're skrewed.
But that's way too negative, we're gelling, and playing better,
and getting some needed help back into the lineup.
Denney's almost ready, and our D line get's even stronger.
GO BILLS!

SABURZFAN
11-01-2007, 11:39 PM
camel brings up some very valid points.

what he fails to bring up is that Lossman can't hit a WR with a short pass standing still,so how the hell will he hit them when he's running? :idunno:

SABURZFAN
11-01-2007, 11:41 PM
JP has always doen just enough to get by.

i could agree with you if he were 19-8 as a starter but he's 8-19. :down:

YardRat
11-02-2007, 02:20 AM
This is getting like the Rocky movies, or Friday the 13th.

Meathead
11-02-2007, 03:38 AM
groundhog groundhog groundhog day day day

but hey im pumped for jps big chance. its like a friggen movie its been set up so perfectly. cant remember a game as big for one qb as this one is gonna be. lotsa pressure. lotsa drama. lotsa fun

YardRat
11-02-2007, 05:45 AM
Maybe they should play the theme song from 'Halloween' when the offense takes the field this Sunday.

im4bflo
11-02-2007, 02:11 PM
JP Losman is back, get your popcorn :popcorn:
With our STARTER back from injury, the team is ready to open it up finally.
GO BILLS!