PDA

View Full Version : delayed handoff

trapezeus
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
I clamoured in my "one fan's view" article last week that the bills should run the delayed hand off more often. The logic was that we at least had some good pass protection and that it'd open more holes for ML to run through and to get to the second level untouched.

the bills finally ran it against the jets and it netted 3 yards. oh well. at least it was something different. but i was sure that it could become what the countertray was to the 90 bills.

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't think I saw a play-action pass in 7-8 years. What's up with that?

I hate that handoff where the QB has to run 5 yards back to hand off the ball. That was stuffed against the Jets.

trapezeus
10-31-2007, 01:37 PM
yes, i know the 3rd down play when the bills went up 6-3. ML got steam rolled.

play action would be nice. and a believable play action. one of those where the QB actually pretends he's handed off. not the lazy playaction that no one bites on.

camelcowboy
10-31-2007, 01:39 PM
I wanted to see the team run the ball out of 3 wr and 4 wideout sets. They did it last week and it didn't work as well either. Maybe this line just can't runblock.

RedEyE
10-31-2007, 02:10 PM
I'd open the Cincy game with a fake to Lynch and a burner to Evans. Open the defense immediatly then let Lynch go to work.

Mad Bomber
10-31-2007, 02:13 PM
I'd open the Cincy game with the a fake to Lynch and a burner to Evans. Open the defense immediatly then let Lynch go to work.
:bf1:

You know that Mr. Conservative won't do that. He only goes with plays like that on 3rd and 1 in a critical game situation.

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2007, 02:13 PM
I'd open the Cincy game with the a fake to Lynch and a burner to Evans. Open the defense immediatly then let Lynch go to work.

Sounds good in theory.

RedEyE
10-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Sounds good in theory.

Execution is the key. I'd expect that Cincy would have 8 in the box on the 1st play from scrimmage.

RedEyE
10-31-2007, 02:23 PM
:bf1:

You know that Mr. Conservative won't do that. He only goes with plays like that on 3rd and 1 in a critical game situation.

When they called that end around play on 3rd and 1, I nearly shat myself. Roscoe ran 40 yards parallel to the line of scrimmage.

OpIv37
10-31-2007, 02:29 PM
I hate that handoff where the QB has to run 5 yards back to hand off the ball. That was stuffed against the Jets.

the idea is to give the running back a head of steam when he hits the LOS and an opportunity to see the holes. The problem is that it requires the offensive linemen to hold their blocks for approximately 2.3 seconds, which is apparently too much to ask for our OL.