PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the HD streak ends this week...

OpIv37
10-31-2007, 08:42 PM
http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

Our game isn't listed.

Given that it's two losing teams from small markets, I'm not surprised that they didn't send an HD crew.

However, I'm still appalled that CBS doesn't have enough HD crews to cover EVERY game like Fox does. We get screwed by being in the AFC- not only is it the tougher division, but it's less games in HD.

G. Host
10-31-2007, 08:45 PM
They asked Ralph Wilson for the money and he said talk to the cheap fans.

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 09:08 PM
By 2009 EVERY game will be in HD!

carybillsfan
10-31-2007, 10:54 PM
By 2009 EVERY game will be in HD!

It's gonna take two more years for CBS to buy another set of HD cameras. And I thought our owner was cheap, they spend umpteen billion dollars on an NFL contract and can't cover 6 games in HD.

FOx, NBC, ESPN cover all games in HD...CBS sucks.

gr8slayer
10-31-2007, 10:56 PM
It's gonna take two more years for CBS to buy another set of HD cameras. And I thought our owner was cheap, they spend umpteen billion dollars on an NFL contract and can't cover 6 games in HD.

FOx, NBC, ESPN cover all games in HD...CBS sucks.
Yeah but NBC and ESPN have a really crappy HD signal. Their games always look like poop compared to Fox and CBS.

SquishDaFish
11-01-2007, 05:13 AM
This is the only game for us on the season not to be in HD I believe.

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2007, 05:47 AM
I get every Bills game in HD here in Canada. :up:

BAM
11-01-2007, 06:36 AM
That sucks. Amazingly enough though, the game is on here locally again (for the 5th time this season).

Probably still going down to the bar though. :beers:

OpIv37
11-01-2007, 08:21 AM
I get every Bills game in HD here in Canada. :up:

are you sure about that? The only way you could be getting HD is if some Canadian company is covering the game with their own broadcasting crew, cameras, etc.

In the US, only CBS is licensed by the NFL to provide coverage of the game, so we only get what CBS sends us.

OpIv37
11-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Yeah but NBC and ESPN have a really crappy HD signal. Their games always look like poop compared to Fox and CBS.

I agree that NBC HD looks like ****, but I think ESPN looks great. Watch it on 206 with the MPEG4, not on 73.

trapezeus
11-01-2007, 08:37 AM
this could just be my tv, but CBS hd comes in so much better than Fox's hd. nbc is pretty nice as is ESPN. But fox sucks in hd.

won't affect me as i'll be at the game. the ultimate HD.

gr8slayer
11-01-2007, 08:39 AM
this could just be my tv, but CBS hd comes in so much better than Fox's hd. nbc is pretty nice as is ESPN. But fox sucks in hd.

won't affect me as i'll be at the game. the ultimate HD.
If you were in front of me right now I'd donkey punch you :mad:

OpIv37
11-01-2007, 09:12 AM
If you were in front of me right now I'd donkey punch you :mad:

now you know how BMN feels when you get on his ass about Sunday Ticket.

gr8slayer
11-01-2007, 09:18 AM
now you know how BMN feels when you get on his ass about Sunday Ticket.
I want no part of BMN's ass thank you very much.

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2007, 10:15 AM
are you sure about that? The only way you could be getting HD is if some Canadian company is covering the game with their own broadcasting crew, cameras, etc.

In the US, only CBS is licensed by the NFL to provide coverage of the game, so we only get what CBS sends us.

CTV has exclusive rights in Canada. I'll check when I get home and see if it's on the HD channel this week. I'll let you know.

OpIv37
11-01-2007, 10:25 AM
CTV has exclusive rights in Canada. I'll check when I get home and see if it's on the HD channel this week. I'll let you know.

does CTV do their own broadcast, or do they just feed in the CBS broadcast?

OpIv37
11-01-2007, 10:35 AM
ok, now I'm going to lose my damn mind

HOUSTON VS OAKLAND IS IN HD BUT WE'RE NOT!

You've got to be ****ing kidding me! They take two teams that are even more pathetic than us playing a game whose only meaning is that the winner screws themselves on draft day, and they get HD but we don't?

**** CBS- I don't know why the NFL hasn't tried to terminate their contract yet.

gr8slayer
11-01-2007, 10:40 AM
ok, now I'm going to lose my damn mind

HOUSTON VS OAKLAND IS IN HD BUT WE'RE NOT!

You've got to be ****ing kidding me! They take two teams that are even more pathetic than us playing a game whose only meaning is that the winner screws themselves on draft day, and they get HD but we don't?

**** CBS- I don't know why the NFL hasn't tried to terminate their contract yet.
Yeah but I'm sure people say the same about us when they see that we have an HD game every damn week.

OpIv37
11-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah but I'm sure people say the same about us when they see that we have an HD game every damn week.

You gotta look at who we played though.

Opening week, everyone was HD
Week 2- Pitt's home opener, of course that's gonna be HD
Week 3- Patriots, they're always going to be in HD
Week 4- Jets- huge NYC market
Week 5- Dallas- night games are always HD regardless of who's playing
Week 6- bye
Week 7-Baltimore- this one's questionable but the McGahee sub-plot made it interesting
Week 8- Jets- huge NYC market.

So really, the only one that was questionable is the Baltimore game.

Hell, at least Cincy has Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson- who do Houston or Oakland have that's anywhere near as interesting?

gr8slayer
11-01-2007, 10:55 AM
You gotta look at who we played though.

Opening week, everyone was HD
Week 2- Pitt's home opener, of course that's gonna be HD
Week 3- Patriots, they're always going to be in HD
Week 4- Jets- huge NYC market
Week 5- Dallas- night games are always HD regardless of who's playing
Week 6- bye
Week 7-Baltimore- this one's questionable but the McGahee sub-plot made it interesting
Week 8- Jets- huge NYC market.

So really, the only one that was questionable is the Baltimore game.

Hell, at least Cincy has Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson- who do Houston or Oakland have that's anywhere near as interesting?
Well just like NYJ Houston is one of the biggest cities in all the land and the media market there is monstrous. Oakland I have no answer for.