• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Madden

Soo... How many of you have the made the JP/Edwards switch in Madden?

How's it panning out?

I had Edwards finish the season with 24TDs 14INTs 3352Yards and a QB rating of like 90.2
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Madden

Havent bothered yet. Ill try another franchise and do that next time

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

The thing about Madden, anyone can make any QB look like Tom Brady by simply adjusting some sliders to compensate for sucking.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

"All Madden" level doesn't allow for changes so that is what I used. But I don't even have Madden 08 yet, been too busy.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

I did after the lat roster update. I miss Losman's speed but Edwards is panning out nicely thus far.

Comment

• mikemac2001
            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
            • Mar 2003

Never play CPU but used both in online games and seemed to be the same...throw alot of short passes and wait for safety to bite so i can hit evans deep

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• raphael120
              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
              • Oct 2005

My Edwards has 70% completion rating and has the "precision passer" icon.

I do the dink and dunk mentality, using a lot of 2TE singleback sets, throw a lot to the backs, use the wishbone formation with Lynch and Wright in and usually move the ball pretty well.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Through four games JP has over 1,100 yards, nine TDs and no picks, so I have no reason to bench him. That's what happens when he plays with my brain instead of his.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                  Through four games JP has over 1,100 yards, nine TDs and no picks, so I have no reason to bench him. That's what happens when he plays with my brain instead of his.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

I still miss NFL 2K5.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Oaf
                      I still miss NFL 2K5.
                      Yeah, that was a hell of a game.

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

I think they are pulling the plug on all pro too.

So no 2K football at all.
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

I made the switch. First I traded JP to the Colts for a 2nd round draft pick. Trent started out good for the first 3 games. Then he got hurt: busted ribs. He's out for 7 weeks so now I got Nall in there who hasn't been great. I've been mainly running the ball with Lynch.

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

I kept JP as a backup. And use him on FG fakes.
                            It was all

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

I hate to pick on JP but it just went down that way.

I struggle all through preseason not winning a single game and lose JP to injury in the final game. Edwards gets the start week 1 and the passing game all of sudden clicks. Edwards is making all the throws JP couldn't. After a 4-1 start I figure... "**** it, time to trade JP". Too bad he's still out with an injury so I couldn't unload him.

Now he's on the bench for the rest of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X