PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson on Mcgee

Tatonka
11-01-2007, 10:08 PM
"That (expletive) is good," said Johnson of McGee. "I don't mean to curse, but to get my point across and from what I'm seeing on film, man he is (good). He can play. And the Bills last year (with Nate Clements) were in a lucky situation really having two number one defensive backs on the same field."

The reason Johnson is so impressed with McGee is he believes the cornerback has the asset in his game that a defensive back needs to be among the best at his position.

"The key that makes a difference between a great DB and just another guy is the ability to transition and get in and out of your breaks with the receiver," said Johnson. "And that's what I'm seeing on film. He's on top of everybody that's running routes."

pretty strong statement from a great wr.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5493

B-DON
11-01-2007, 10:13 PM
pretty strong statement from a great wr.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5493

Tell Chad to send me those tapes when he's done, cuz i damn sure gotta see this to believe it.

Tatonka
11-01-2007, 10:52 PM
mcgee deserves more credit than he gets.. he got teh game winning interception 2 times this season. he has been matched up against the other teams top wr every week and no wr has torched us this season. obviously he has struggled at times in the past.. but people tend to hang on to the old impression too long..

people do the same thing with josh reed. and mccargo..

and people are doing he same thing the opposite way with jason peters, who has not played that well at all this year.

DMBcrew36
11-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Chad's new strategy? Talking up his upcoming opponent, rather than talking himself up and what he is going to do to that opponent. Strange.

Tatonka
11-01-2007, 10:54 PM
maybe he just thinks he is good? chad seems like a pretty sincere guy...

at least he didnt mail him any pepto!

TigerJ
11-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Chad still thinks he's going to get the better of the matchup, but you would expect him to think that.

Elminster
11-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Chad still thinks he's going to get the better of the matchup, but you would expect him to think that.
I would say he should think that. CJ has a big mouth, but I think he's benign.

As for McGee, he has been doing a good job this year, and hopefully he continues to.

camelcowboy
11-01-2007, 11:58 PM
This will be a good test for both corners, We get to see what Greer is made of.

mybills
11-02-2007, 05:42 AM
That's my boy! :bravo: :jill: :up:

YardRat
11-02-2007, 05:43 AM
This is going to be a huge test for the secondary, and I don't mind saying it might not be pretty. I have more concerns about our pass defense than I do the run.

Romes
11-02-2007, 05:48 AM
I admit that I was not expecting this much out of McGee. I thought he'd be more of a liability. I was wrong, he has definitly come up big on several occasions.

mybills
11-02-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm so glad I bought his jersey! :biggrin: Money well spent! :up:

colin
11-02-2007, 06:59 AM
i like ingtar's idea more and more.

LET'S RECRUIT A WR!!

don137
11-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Chad will tell you like he sees it. If you recall McGee killed the Bengals last year returning an INT and kickoff for a TD.

Dude
11-02-2007, 07:10 AM
at least he didnt mail him any pepto!That's kind of what started it. He mouthed off about how he was going to run all over the Browns DBs that day, mailed them the pepto, etc... Then he got completely owned by them (and I think even got his bell rung on one play). The trash talk about opposing DBs slacked off after that.

But, he's right about McGee IMO.

HHURRICANE
11-02-2007, 07:39 AM
They are going to be teammates next year so he wants to be nice.

DraftBoy
11-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Good he come in here and practice against McGee every day when he comes to Buffalo next season

SABuffalo786
11-02-2007, 08:54 AM
I thought Johnson was writing him an early Christmas card. :D

Mr. Pink
11-02-2007, 08:58 AM
I honestly would rather see Greer on Ocho Cinco, he did decently well against Moss and Coles this year. Leaving McGee to try and cover TJ Who's your mommy.

Wys Guy
11-02-2007, 09:04 AM
mcgee deserves more credit than he gets.. he got teh game winning interception 2 times this season. he has been matched up against the other teams top wr every week and no wr has torched us this season. obviously he has struggled at times in the past.. but people tend to hang on to the old impression too long..

people do the same thing with josh reed. and mccargo..

and people are doing he same thing the opposite way with jason peters, who has not played that well at all this year.

He seems to have kicked up his D game a notch to be sure.

But honestly T, which decent WR has he matched up with this year and done a great job of covering?

We'll see how he does on Sunday.

justasportsfan
11-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Chad's new strategy? Talking up his upcoming opponent, rather than talking himself up and what he is going to do to that opponent. Strange.
I was wondering about that.

shelby
11-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Not too long after last Sunday’s game against the New York Jets, Buffalo Bills cornerbacks Terrence McGee and Jabari Greer had a discussion about their next opponents.
McGee and Greer have seen a number of good receivers this season, but they expect their toughest test yet against the Cincinnati Bengals’ explosive pair of Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
“They are one of the best tandems in the league right now,” Mc- Gee said. “So it’s going to be a big challenge for me and Jabari.”
During his conference call with the Buffalo media, Johnson said he and Houshmandzadeh are ready to take on McGee and Greer.
“I’m telling you ahead of time. We’re going to win those matchups,” Johnson boldly predicted. “I’m looking for Mr. Greer and Mr. McGee to be at their best because we need it. T.J. and I need that competition to keep us going.”

........Johnson was effusive in his praise of McGee.
“I don’t know if I’m allowed to say this, but that [expletive] is good,” Johnson said. “Hey, I don’t mean to curse but to get my point across of what I’m seeing on film, man, he can play.
“Everybody can run in the NFL, but the key that makes the difference between a great DB and just another guy is the ability to transition and get in and out of your breaks with the receiver. That’s what I’m seeing on film. He’s on top of everybody that’s running routes.”
While Johnson is sincere in his respect for McGee and Greer, he admitted that his compliments had ulterior motives. Johnson is hoping to convince the Bills’ coaches to put the cornerbacks in single coverage against him Sunday.

full story (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/197585.html)
Perry Fewell is confident in our corners....thoughts?

mybills
11-03-2007, 07:20 AM
That bold'd part was posted already, but I really like this part, too! :D
“That’s very noble of him,” Fewell said with a laugh. “I don’t know if I want to be on Chad man to man. There are not too many people that play Chad man to man. But we’ll take our shots. We’ll play some man. I have confidence in Terrence and Jabari, and they’re up to the challenge of playing those guys man to man. We’re not afraid of them. He may get his wish.”
:snicker:

Cntrygal
11-03-2007, 08:25 AM
This much the whole world knows about Chad Johnson:

He has an ego no stadium can contain, he can brag like a politician running for re-election, and he maintains that no defensive back in the NFL contain him.

"I'm not going to lie," Johnson says. "God made me close to perfect."

Apparently the recipe for perfection doesn't include modesty. No one says selfish like the Cincinnati Bengals' wide receiver. Or with such pride. "You gotta be selfish," Johnson said. "Who made that a bad word?"

more... (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071103/SPORTS03/711030314/1021)

Geesh - It would be nice if he was a "non issue" tomorrow.

mybills
11-03-2007, 08:36 AM
I think his team will be more distracted by him, than our team. :D

Carlton Bailey
11-03-2007, 09:53 AM
This will be a good test for both corners, We get to see what Greer is made of.

I already saw what Greer was made of when he held Terrell Owens to two catches for 25 yards and took the ball right out of his hands on what should have been a game-clinching failed two-point conversion.

MTBillsFan
11-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Just hit TJ and Chad hard everytime they come near the ball!

MTBillsFan
11-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Just hit TJ and Chad hard everytime they come near the ball!

Tatonka
11-03-2007, 11:37 AM
He seems to have kicked up his D game a notch to be sure.

But honestly T, which decent WR has he matched up with this year and done a great job of covering?

We'll see how he does on Sunday.

coles ?.. javon walker? .. hines ward?

DynaPaul
11-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Well they had no problem with the mighty T.O. Let's see how well those guys do.