PDA

View Full Version : What's John Clayton Have to Say?

Yasgur's Farm
11-02-2007, 06:06 AM
http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/20071101_clayton.wma

Mitchy moo
11-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Mod... Please correct title spelling sat=say.

Hit Reply/edit , then hit advanced & you can handle it.

Wraith
11-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Mod... Please correct title spelling sat=say.

I have no audio on this computer but I'm assuming his repeating his comments from his blog earlier in the week, which you're probably interested in reading:

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fname%3dclayton_john

Scroll down a few entries to the one headlined "Losman not one-week wonder."

Yasgur's Farm
11-02-2007, 06:31 AM
Yes... But more.

He indicates that the Edwards experiment was probably Ralph (who comes from a breed of owners who control from behind the scenes). And the coaches actually prefer JP. He confirms that the O in the 1st 2 games was not only conservative... but "ultra-conservative". He expects the Bills to open it up for JP.

Wraith
11-02-2007, 06:33 AM
Yes... But more.

He indicates that the Edwards experiment was probably Ralph (who comes from a breed of owners who control from behind the scenes). And the coaches actually prefer JP. He confirms that the O in the 1st 2 games was not only conservative... but "ultra-conservative". He expects the Bills to open it up for JP.

Gotcha....

Boy, oh boy, wouldn't you love to know whether the Mortenson/Clayton accusations are true and what the coaches really think?

mybills
11-02-2007, 06:50 AM
Yes... But more.

He's pretty much spot on, although I'm not sure they "prefer" JP. Jauron has been saying right along that he likes BOTH of them, as do I. But that doesn't excuse the play calling...Ralph may have wanted Trent in there, but he isn't calling the plays.

don137
11-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Another reason why a coach like Cowher would never coach this team. No one wants an owner that meddles and pays cash to cap. That is not exactly the recipe for building a championship team.

acehole
11-02-2007, 07:09 AM

hahahaha

told you all about this weeks ago....

HHURRICANE
11-02-2007, 07:51 AM
John Clayton and Mortenson have less inside info than I have. PERIOD.

Edwards is liked by the entire coaching staff. Period. If he hadn't been hurt he'd still be playing.

There were question marks about Losman before camp started so this is all BS.

The offense was "ultra conservative" only because Losman can't run a ball control offense which is what Jauron and the staff want.

Jim Kelly even weighed in on the whole thing before Losman got hurt.

I'm going to train a squirrel to talk because it is the equivalent of what John Clayton brings. He's also the same guy that reported that Mike Sherman was being hired as our new head coach a few years back.

acehole
11-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Another reason why a coach like Cowher would never coach this team. No one wants an owner that meddles and pays cash to cap. That is not exactly the recipe for building a championship team.

Zactly...you can add FA's to that statement.

Mr. Miyagi
11-02-2007, 08:15 AM
He's pretty much spot on, although I'm not sure they "prefer" JP. Jauron has been saying right along that he likes BOTH of them, as do I. But that doesn't excuse the play calling...Ralph may have wanted Trent in there, but he isn't calling the plays.
Jauron only says what's politically correct. He never goes out on a limb. So of course he says he likes both QBs.

acehole
11-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Mike Sherman...wow there is a huge what if...ehh?

I think all is true. I think they like Edwards(As I do)
but they all feel like the team is playing well enough
that they want JP's experience over Edwards potential.
Especially the players. Sherman was the best choice but
both Marv and Ralph knew they could not pull his strings.
You are right about Edwards injury...but if JP didnt get hurt
he would have still been starting. Dont think for one min. If
Edwards didnt get hurt and continued throwing picks that his
leash would not have been pulled in. I am glad people are finally
admitting the play calling first few games stunk that is a step forward
at least. Me thinks the first one to go at the end of the year is Fairchild.

John Clayton and Mortenson have less inside info than I have. PERIOD.

Edwards is liked by the entire coaching staff. Period. If he hadn't been hurt he'd still be playing.

There were question marks about Losman before camp started so this is all BS.

The offense was "ultra conservative" only because Losman can't run a ball control offense which is what Jauron and the staff want.

Jim Kelly even weighed in on the whole thing before Losman got hurt.

I'm going to train a squirrel to talk because it is the equivalent of what John Clayton brings. He's also the same guy that reported that Mike Sherman was being hired as our new head coach a few years back.

justasportsfan
11-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Gotcha....

Boy, oh boy, wouldn't you love to know whether the Mortenson/Clayton accusations are true and what the coaches really think?
where there's smoke, there's fire. Ralph has been known to make these kind of decisions in the past. From Wade til' today.

justasportsfan
11-02-2007, 10:43 AM

.haha! What do you call the O when Trent is in there? Aggressive? Dangerous? Explossive?

baalworship
11-02-2007, 11:14 AM
And the drama continues....

Gunzlingr
11-02-2007, 11:14 AM
haha! What do you call the O when Trent is in there? Aggressive? Dangerous? Explossive?

A high-octane score fest!

HHURRICANE
11-02-2007, 11:33 AM
haha! What do you call the O when Trent is in there? Aggressive? Dangerous? Explossive?

I'll be the first to admit that I hate our offensive gameplan.

However, Jauron wants a run oriented offense in here where the QB makes his passes to keep drives alive. The reason our TOP improved was because of the fact that Edwards runs this gameplan better.

This isn't a who's better debate. Losman, on the right team, might look 3X the QB Edwards is. It's just that Edwards runs want this coaching staff impements better.

Ed
11-02-2007, 11:47 AM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ralph had his hand in things. Remember Flutie getting benched right before the playoffs? I remember Ralph giving an interview at some point the following year and saying that it was Wades decision to go with Johnson, but admitting that if Wade hadn't gone with Johnson, he would have stepped in and made him play Johnson. So there's no doubt that Ralph gives himself the authority to over-rule the coach. And when you have a coach like Jauron, it makes it a lot easier to get your way. I still like Jauron, but it's not like he could get a head coaching gig anywhere else.

I don't have any doubts that Jauron likes Edwards, but it wouldn't surprise me that he'd prefer Losman. Edwards is still a rookie after all, and he's made it clear that we need to score more points and make more big plays. If you're a coach with playoff aspirations, a rookie who's struggled to put points on the board can't make you feel confident. He knows we still have a lot of tough competition ahead of us and our current production on O just isn't gonna cut it. I don't think two games would make him totally lose faith in JP either. He saw his potential and what he was capable of last year. With all the work and effort they put in during the off-season, I can't imagine he's ready to just give up on him.

Ed
11-02-2007, 11:49 AM

However, Jauron wants a run oriented offense in here where the QB makes his passes to keep drives alive. The reason our TOP improved was because of the fact that Edwards runs this gameplan better.

This isn't a who's better debate. Losman, on the right team, might look 3X the QB Edwards is. It's just that Edwards runs want this coaching staff impements better.
Jauron also said he wants to see us make more big plays though, and score more points. We're not exactly seeing that from Edwards right now.

Mr. Miyagi
11-02-2007, 11:55 AM
A high-octane score fest!
Greatest show on turd!

acehole
11-02-2007, 12:30 PM

Agreed.

mybills
11-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Jauron only says what's politically correct. He never goes out on a limb. So of course he says he likes both QBs.
If that's all it was, why would he go into detail about his likes and dislikes about both of them? I think he was sincere, and he was also accurate in his assessment of them. Of course, he sees them all the time, so he knows more than the JP haters and the Trent bashers on this site. :phew:

raphael120
11-02-2007, 01:23 PM
That would be just like Jauron to want a run oriented offense when our weakest aspect on our offensive line is the run blocking.

Play to your strengths, something they very rarely do on offense.

Examples...not utilizing Lynch in the passing game more, not lining him up as a WR...stretching the field with Evans/Parrish when Trent is in there...

justasportsfan
11-02-2007, 01:34 PM
And the coaches actually prefer JP. .
IF this is true, I expect Dick and Fairchild to have JP air it out to prove to the Crypt Keeper that he's wrong.

Meathead
11-02-2007, 01:37 PM
dink and dont ... score

SABURZFAN
11-02-2007, 06:35 PM
He indicates that the Edwards experiment was probably Ralph (who comes from a breed of owners who control from behind the scenes). And the coaches actually prefer JP.

that explains why some people around here claim that Jauron's a moron.

NOW i got it. :up:

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Clayton is 100% right.

bflojohn
11-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Did anyone really feel that the gameplans didn't change to accentuate Edwards strengths during his audition? The fact that it is essential to fit the gameplan to a players and/or team strength, where does that attitude prevail in JP Losman's case? One of the things I strongly believe in this drama, is that when Losman is under center, he is stilted by the OC, and this creates a losing atmosphere, IMO!! It is little wonder, to me, that he called out the coaching for the unimaginetive approach in the first two weeks! I'd have piped up too!! This is exactly why Lee Evans is siding with his QB, and fellow Captain.

tampabay25690
11-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Yes... But more.

It was Ralph's choice. And I know this for a 100% fact, he really likes Trent!!!!

YardRat
11-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Marv Levy said the decision on who to start at QB lies solely with Jauron. Not Levy, or Wilson, or Fairchild, or Schonert...Only Jauron.