5-10 yd passes
    injured alot
    not very mobile

set up to fail.
  • dannyek71
    Drink Responsibly
    • Dec 2004

Re: similarities between Chad Pennington and Trent Edwards

I was thinking the same thing last week. With such a weak arm, the ceiling is very low.
    [

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

People really need to know what they're talking about before they post.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• theanswer74
        • Apr 2004

I have not seen Trent Edwards throw a floater yet. He has made some bad passes, but no floaters.

He throws the ball with a lot of zip and accuracy.

Relying on short and intermediate passes doesn't mean you have a weak arm. Its probably what he is comfortable with.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

alright.

If anyone, and I mean anyone on this board who is a regular poster; says that Trent Edwards has a "weak" Chad Pennington-like arm-- then you know absolutely SQUAT about football.

Edwards' arm has plenty of strength in it.. You gotta be f'n kidding me man.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• STAMPY
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Sep 2003

LOL you gotta be kidding me

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Maybe we should lure Ryan Leaf out of retirement.
              He had a cannon.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

There's a difference between not going downfield consistently and not having the arm to throw downfield.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hoofhearted
                  weak arm
                  5-10 yd passes
                  injured alot
                  not very mobile

set up to fail.
                  This isn't fair to Trent. Only one thing on that list fits. "not very mobile". That's all.
                  The 'set up to fail' is questionable with the way they work things upstairs, which would include not letting him pass deep to even see if he has a strong arm. I'll reserve my opinion until I see him do it/they let him. From what I have seen, I don't think he's Chad like at all.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

While we're on the subject of arm strength, I'll say that I don't put a lot of weight on a QB's ability or inability to throw home-run bombs. Such plays are rare and low-percentage anyway, so they're not a significant factor in evaluating any QB.

What's far more valuable are the 15-to-20 yard intermediate passes. Those will dig you out of a hole, move the chains and keep opponents honest while still keeping your own defense rested. Of course, being effective in that area means you need receivers who can get open in that range, which we really don't have.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Dude, I hate to say this but Edwards does have a weak arm. I'm not saying that he isn't going to be a good QB but his arm strength definately leaves more to be desired, imo. He does however have a stronger arm than Pennington, that much I can agree with. Compare his arm to a: Favre, Manning, Cutler, Roethlisberger and Palmer. Those are QB's with STRONG arms. They can make virtually any throw on the field if they wanted to no matter if double covered and even triple covered at times. I need to see Trent Edwards deliver not only the deepball, but I need to see him thread the football in double coverage as well.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        Dude, I hate to say this but Edwards does have a weak arm. I'm not saying that he isn't going to be a good QB but his arm strength definately leaves more to be desired, imo. He does however have a stronger arm than Pennington, that much I can agree with. Compare his arm to a: Favre, Manning, Cutler, Roethlisberger and Palmer. Those are QB's with STRONG arms. They can make virtually any throw on the field if they wanted to no matter if double covered and even triple covered at times. I need to see Trent Edwards deliver not only the deepball, but I need to see him thread the football in double coverage as well.
                        The older mannings arm is average, but he's a damn good qb. Once again from the throws hes made i don't see how anyone can say he has a weak arm. Just because he throws short doesnt mean he doesn't have the arm to throw deep.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                          The older mannings arm is average, but he's a damn good qb. Once again from the throws hes made i don't see how anyone can say he has a weak arm. Just because he throws short doesnt mean he doesn't have the arm to throw deep.
                          You think Peyton's arm is average?? LOL, if that's true then Edwards must have an arm atleast sub average. Btw, you can tell a QB's arm strength in short passes too by how long it takes to get there. Cutler and Favre are beautiful examples of this. I just haven't seen that from Edwards, he may need better conditioning, imo.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jun 2003

How can anyone judge his arm strength yet with the way Fairchild calls the game? We haven't seen enough...and just for the record, nobody has a weaker arm than Chad "wet noodle" Pennington
                            Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                              You think Peyton's arm is average?? LOL, if that's true then Edwards must have an arm atleast sub average. Btw, you can tell a QB's arm strength in short passes too by how long it takes to get there. Cutler and Favre are beautiful examples of this. I just haven't seen that from Edwards, he may need better conditioning, imo.
                              I think manning has a very average arm, but he gets the ball where it needs to go. So you can tell a qbs arm strenght from short passes? really have you ever head of the term touch. A qb on short passes tends to take a little off the ball because there is no reason to throw a fast ball to a receiver 5 yards out. Edwards arm is fine, and at least wait till he actually floats one before comparing him to holcomb and pennington.

Comment

Working...
                              X