PDA

View Full Version : A diet of Lynch and Wright

patmoran2006
11-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I think you're going to see PLENTY OF THEM running the ball on Sunday....

DOnt fool yourself into thinking JP starting means we're goin to radically open things up and air it out too often.

Cinci can't stop the run, and we NEED to run the ball.

Dick Jauron isnt THAT stupid (close to it though according to us)... This aint the Jets or Ravens. We dont want Cinci's offense on the field after 3 and outs.

Forget JP's stats Sunday.. For us to win the game Sunday, I think we have to run for a minimum of 140 yards on the ground, and control at least 35-37 minutes of the clock. I wouldnt be surprised to see 35 carries between the two of them.

and if it works and we win, people will still cry they're holding JP back, just like the Edwards supporters will when its him.

It's about winning. We run the ball, the defense gets rested.. we win

evol4276
11-02-2007, 05:58 PM
makes sense to me

im4bflo
11-02-2007, 06:13 PM
That's the game plan I'd go with.
Ground and Pound!
Maybe a long toss to Lee now and then :snicker2:
But get LYNCH in Beast Mode, and change it up with Wright,
the 'ol one-two. Add some nasty weather, and it'll be a long day for the kitty's.

RockStar36
11-02-2007, 06:29 PM
I would LOVE to SEE plenty OF lynch AND wright THIS weekend IN the GAME against THE bengals. THEY are BAD at THE run.

BillsOverDolphins
11-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Usually the run sets up the pass, but I believe the opposite will occur in this game. Teams are stacking the box against us EVERY game because we haven't proved that we can pass the ball yet(31st in the league). Opponents will attempt to shutdown the run till we prove our downfield capabilities.

im4bflo
11-02-2007, 07:32 PM
I would LOVE to SEE plenty OF lynch AND wright THIS weekend IN the GAME against THE bengals. THEY are BAD at THE run.

Exactly :up:

im4bflo
11-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Usually the run sets up the pass, but I believe the opposite will occur in this game. Teams are stacking the box against us EVERY game because we haven't proved that we can pass the ball yet(31st in the league). Opponents will attempt to shutdown the run till we prove our downfield capabilities.

They can try, but are they good enough?
It's their weakness, so our line has to win in the trenchs!
And yes, that will help the passing game! :up:

Forward_Lateral
11-02-2007, 07:43 PM
I bet The Bills run the ball 50 times.

Philagape
11-02-2007, 08:16 PM
I keep thinking this will be like last year's Colts game.

Oaf
11-03-2007, 07:27 AM
I think Lynch wil get his usual 4 a carry, but Wright will eventually break out with a big gain.

Don't Panic
11-03-2007, 08:38 AM
They can try, but are they good enough?
It's their weakness, so our line has to win in the trenchs!
And yes, that will help the passing game! :up:

Yeah... I don't see Cincy doing that great of a job stopping our run game, so stacking the box is probably a gamble they're not willing to take. If it was Edwards in there, maybe, but they have to respect JP's longball.

I'm all for the heavy carries game plan too, but it better be a little more crafty than it has been. We have to keep them guessing with counters, draws, etc. and mix in a little play action to keep them on their toes. To me, the Bills win this game if they game plan correctly on offense. That's a bit if a scary thought considering the recent past...

gr8slayer
11-03-2007, 09:14 AM
If Lynch isn't getting the ball 30 times a game it should be deemed criminal.

colin
11-03-2007, 03:36 PM
i think we win this game by controlling the ball and by dominating in special teams.

against balti and the jests (and against dallas really) our special teams were outstanding. if we score we have to cover the kick, when we punt we have to pin them far back, and when we return punts and kicks we need to aim to break one and get a good average of yards.

that's why our scheme of being conservative is working: we are crushing teams on the hidden yardage.

if we run well and control the clock, we'll wear out the d, keep the cinci O cold, keep our d fresh and salty, and prolly win the game

Meathead
11-03-2007, 03:49 PM
lets not get carried away

any team in the nfl can stop any other teams running game by crowding the los

the same cant be said of the passing game

while i agree a productive running game is likely a key to a bills victory, they are also going to have to pass the ball well to win this game

if any game was better suited to edwards this would be it - short passes that keep possession and keeps cincy o off the field. thats jps challenge, to do what he does well by stretching the field while also keeping the chains moving by converting on third downs

i think jp will be effective this game but frankly i see cincys offense being too powerful and expect a small margin bengals victory

TigerJ
11-03-2007, 04:05 PM
The question I have about Cincinnati is whether or not they have tried to stop the run at the expense of pass defense. That's what teams have tended to do against Buffalo because they have disrespected Buffalo's passing game. If Cincinnati stacks the box, will Buffalo have any more success running the ball than they did versus the Jets, who don't have a terrific run defense either. Buffalo had modest success versus the Jets, but nothing to get excited about.

I have no doubt that Buffalo will run the ball more than they pass it versus Cincinnati, but I do expect also they will mix in a few deep and intermediate passes for the sake of balance and keeping Cincinnati honest. I do think the Bills will lean toward a ball control offense most of the time to keep the ball out of the hands of Carson Palmer.

YardRat
11-03-2007, 06:27 PM
I couldn't agree more, running is key tomorrow. I'd like to see some success in the intermediate routes to help set up the run and the long ball, but I don't expect it.

This Cinci team, offensively anyway, is a lot better than their record...If they can pound the ground from 20 to 20, I don't like their receiver match-ups with our secondary in the red zone.

Carlton Bailey
11-03-2007, 08:14 PM
I'd like to see 35 handoffs and 25 throws.

Elminster
11-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Sounds good...as long as it comes with a side of slants, screens, and play-actions, as well as a dollop of bombs.