• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Is the season lost?

Let me be the first...although I predicted this would happen when they lost Drury and Briere....

I think the season is lost. This team has little to no heart and now they are playing as if they have no confidence. There needs to a major infusion and soon. The November schedule is brutal. They could come out of this month with no more than 8 or 9 total wins. If that is true then they are sunk.

I predict that if there is no MAJOR trade by Dec. 1 that the season is lost - they will not make the playoffs.

If that happens then FO heads, whether it be Quinn, Regier or both, should roll.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Is the season lost?

Yup, 12 games in and the season's over... why bother playing the next 70???

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Last year after twelve games the team was 11-1.

Was the season decided then?
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

LOL EB...!

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Well, I see the excuse maker keep living in fantasy land and expect some miracle to suddenly turn this team around. Are you guys blind or do you seriously think this team has the right makeup to be a cup contender. S**t, they're not even a contender to make the playoffs as they're made up right now. Please, don't come at me with it's only 12 games in, blah, blah, blah...show me something why I should believe this team is capable of turning it around. List players on this team that can bring heart, character, grit and willingness to take a hit to make a play! You can't and the ones who will are not a big enough fixture on this team to make a difference. What you see is what you get and that is how I believe it to be. There are no miracles coming to help this team. The only thing that could help would be a shake-up and that is a fact.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            Let me be the first...
            Is Churchinski back?

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

I don't think the season is over but they have to learn to battle for 60 minutes. They couldn't do it last year either. If they can start doing that they will make the playoffs and if they can keep things together be a better team next year and the next. There has been a lot of shifting going on and players are in different roles than they were last year. We still have a lot of very capable players I just am not as doom and gloom as a lot of people.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

12 games and the season is over??
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                  12 games and the season is over??
                  I don't see how anyone can say that either. I have missed more hockey this year that I have in the entire last two seasons but I've still seen this team play well when they worked hard. Definately we need defense but still we've played well at times just not for an entire game.

Comment

• Bufftp
                    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Eb you have issues. Pessimism seems to come quick for you.

I predicted that the 1st third of season would have up and downs, struggles and at times greatness. After the team gells look out. Just a little time for them to work it all out.

It's just sport. Enjoy the ride.
                    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                    to be led by permanent ideals -
                    that is what keeps a man patient
                    when the world ignores him,
                    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
                      Eb you have issues. Pessimism seems to come quick for you.

I predicted that the 1st third of season would have up and downs, struggles and at times greatness. After the team gells look out. Just a little time for them to work it all out.

What are you talking about? Why should this team need time to gel? There are no FA or new players on the team? This team has been together for 3 years! Uggh!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
                        enjoy losses and the fact that the FO's mistakes have allowed teams that weren't even in our league to become better than us in just one off-season? Sorry, I don't know what there is to enjoy about that.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          What are you talking about? Why should this team need time to gel? There are no FA or new players on the team? This team has been together for 3 years! Uggh!
                          it's not the same team though. People are responsible for different things. You don't just take out two important players and expect the same thing. People have to make changes and do different things.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Not yet....but they better wake the **** up soon, or else....

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                              it's not the same team though. People are responsible for different things. You don't just take out two important players and expect the same thing. People have to make changes and do different things.
                              Exactly! However, that has nothing to do with "gelling". It has to do with this team not being good enough because those two players were lost. This team can try to "gel" for the entire year and it will never be good enough because it lost the two ingredients that made it what it was.

Comment

Working...
                              X