PDA

View Full Version : Ball Control and Clock Control...

Yasgur's Farm
11-03-2007, 10:14 AM
... are no more than an extended defense when we don't score points.

Here's to seeing rollouts, 4 receiver sets, play action passes, Lynch split, no huddle tomorrow. :cheers:

Michael82
11-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Ball control is boring as hell and most likely won't win this game. We need to have an explosive offense on Sunday and match Carson Palmer drive for drive. If they go down the field and score a TD, then we need to. :up:

HHURRICANE
11-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Haven't we won 3 of our last 4?

If JP doesn't convert third downs it's going to be a very long day. The last I looked the Bengals can score so the longer they stay off the field the better.

I'm not sure I get the logic around here.

Yasgur's Farm
11-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Draz's list can be all consistent with ball control and TOP control as well. Provided that the weight of play calling is toward running. Ball control and varying your formations, putting your QB in motion, setting up the pass with the run, can work together. There is a vast difference between a conservative offense and a predictable one. Conservative yes, predictable no.People without a hate agenda get it... Thanks EF.

MTBillsFan
11-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Convert on 3rd down! We do that, bengals O stays off the field and our D gets rested for the 4th quarter.
GO BILLS!!

Michael82
11-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Convert on 3rd down! We do that, bengals O stays off the field and our D gets rested for the 4th quarter.
GO BILLS!!
That's the key!

raphael120
11-03-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't think I've ever been pulling for JP as much as I am for Sunday.

GO JP and GO BILLS!

TacklingDummy
11-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Ball control is boring as hell and most likely won't win this game. We need to have an explosive offense on Sunday and match Carson Palmer drive for drive. If they go down the field and score a TD, then we need to. :up:

Because throwing the ball up for grabs has won the Bills so many game the past 3 years.

Michael82
11-03-2007, 11:57 AM
I don't think I've ever been pulling for JP as much as I am for Sunday.

GO JP and GO BILLS!
Agreed! :hi5:

acehole
11-03-2007, 12:15 PM
OK but we rotate every body on Deffense anyway so why is that such an issue? Ball control is great when you can score pionts at the end of the drive or you have the lead. If you are behind it only helps the opposing team run the clock out. Ball control is very important in Buffalo during the winter months which is why lynch is here and not mcahee...which is why we spent $$ on that o-line. There is no doubt we should have the advantage when it starts to drop in temp. I believe that is what is the whole boner in buff on T Edwards because he seem to run it well. However you cant run it exclusivly or you will have the Jets game every week. 8 in the box and run blitzing like the day is long. He wont last that long...and maybe why he got injured in college so much....not becuase he is injury prone....because being a one trick pony is very easy to defend against...blitz and stack the line. This happens to be JP's weakness. However the running game does do better when the threat of the deep ball is present as the safties kick back a bit. So JP has an advatage there which is why I think he my choice...that and experience. He has to improve his short game quick....it "might" be more a quality of wanting to go long first for the big play vs not having the ability to go short I think. these qb's do have a choice on these plays you know. JP problem is he might be looking long first...and the short game (being his second or third choice) suffers. Edward may be the oppsite...he is fine throwing short as his first read as he is more comfortable there leaving the long game.Inspite of what some might think Edwards was not that great on third down. In conclusion I think if JP can recalibrate his game to put a premium on his short game he should be fine...I hope the coaches can help him acheive this. We could win alot of games down the stretch here and have somthing good to build on.

GO BILLS!!

acehole
11-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Because throwing the ball up for grabs has won the Bills so many game the past 3 years.

Seemed to work for Edwards he is 3 and 2 right? and he has 5 picks so yea that does work....

gr8slayer
11-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Seemed to work for Edwards he is 3 and 2 right? and he has 5 picks so yea that does work....
Edwards idea of a deep ball is twenty five yards.

shelby
11-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Let's not make this a debate over which QB is better.

This thread is about what our offense needs to do to win tomorrow.

acehole
11-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Let's not make this a debate over which QB is better.

This thread is about what our offense needs to do to win tomorrow.

Run the ball and go deep on them that is thier weak piont.

On Deffense they need to blitz palmer early and often as not to let him get to comfortable back there.

TJ and Chad are not going to be easy to deffend but palmer is a peniata back there. Rudi might not be 100% but if yo are going to blitz...they should do it from the running lanes incase (Middle). Send witner...keep wilson in centerfield....to get the pick on a rushed throw.
That is what I would do.