• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

My Early Mock Draft(With Trades)

1. Arizona Cardinals- Carson Palmer, QB- With the Bengals passing on Palmer, the Cardinals move up and secure the Top QB in the draft.

2. Detroit Lions- Charles Rogers, WR- The "Mooch" will definitely grab a threat for Joey Harrington to throw to.

3. Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Suggs, DE- JJ and The Tuna will be wheeling and dealing. They move up knowing that the Bears will probably take Suggs.

4. Chicago Bears- Jimmy Kennedy, DT- They are in dire need of DT help with Ted Washington on his last leg, and the expected release of Keith Traylor.

5. New York Jets- Andre Johnson, WR- Houston is looking for more picks, and what better way then to trade down twice. They get NY's #13 and 2nd round pick, and the Jets get their much needed replacement for Coles.

6. Cincinnati Bengals- Terance Newman, CB- The Bengals have addressed every just about every position on defense but their secondary. Marvin Lewis continues to build the defense, and Newman plays a big role in it.

7. Minnesota Vikings- Dwayne Robertson, DT- The Vikings finally make an effort in trying to build a better defense. As of right now, Robertson is the 2nd rated DT in most mock drafts.

8. New Orleans Saints- Marcus Trufant, CB- They deal the #17 and another pick. The Saints are in dire need of secondary help, and 2 first round picks makes this move possible.

9. Carolina Panthers- Kevin Williams, DT- The Panthers will continue to build the defense. Williams and Peppers should be a great duel for John Fox to work with.

10. Baltimore Ravens- Byron Leftwich- Brian Billick is seen doing a rain dance when Leftwich falls into his hands.

11. Seattle Seahawks- William Joseph, DT- This move is neccesary with Seattle's continous problems on defense.

12. St. Louis Rams- Andre Woolfolk, CB- After losing 2 CB's, and Williams collecting his SSI check, the Rams are forced to go with a CB. Hopefully Martz won't screw it up though.

13. Houston Texans- Jordan Gross, OT- The Texans finally get somebody that can block for Carr, and pick up 2nd and 3rd round picks in the process.

14. New England Patriots- Jonathon Sullivan, DT- New England lines up another DT to pair with Seymour. Their defense is looking pretty good after this pick.

15. San Diego Chargers- Boss Bailey, LB- Butler is known for drafting LB's, and with the exit of Seau he'd love the chance to nail Bailey.

16. Kansas City Chiefs- Jerome McDougal will fit in nicely with one of the worst defenses in the league last year.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars- Taylor Jacobs, WR- Jimmy Smith can't handle it all by himself.

18- New Orleans Saints- Kwyame Harris, OT- The Saints get their replacement after dumping Kyle Turley

19. New England Patriots- Kenny Peterson, DE- Their current DE's are old and washed up. The Patriots gather up a pretty good young front seven.

20. Denver Broncos- Micheal Haynes, DE- After releasing Pittman and Washington, the Broncos grab their replacement.

21. Cleveland Browns- E.J. Henderson, LB- The Browns will need insurance with Jamir Miller's career in Cleveland in doubt.

22. New York Jets- Rashean Mathis, S- Best value at a need on their team.

23. Buffalo Bills- Cory Redding, DE- The Bills need somebody besides Aaron Schobel.

24. Indianapolis Colts- Rien Long, DT- Dungy continues to try and build his defense.

25. New York Giants- Chris Kelsay, DE- Strahan is getting up there in age, and Kenny Holmes isn't really working out. They need somebody else in the mix.

26. San Francisco 49ers- Kelly Washington, WR- With the top DT's off the board, the Niners look to finally give Owens somebody on the other side.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers- Ken Hamlin, S- Safety was a disaster last year for the Steelers.

28. Tennessee Titans- Bryant Johnson, WR- Finding a competent WR is a must for the Titans in this draft.

29. Green Bay Packers- Terry Pierce, LB- The Packers wanted a DT, but it's better to have the 3rd MLB instead of a 2nd Tier DT.

30. Philadelphia Eagles- Jason Witten, TE- With no worthy DE's or LB's available, they decide to compensate the defensive losses, and finally give McNabb somebody he can throw to.

31. Oakland Raiders, Eric Steinbach, OL- The Raiders are thrilled with their 2 picks at the end of the 1st round.

32. Oakland Raiders, Brandon Lloyd, WR- The Raiders look for a replacement when Brown and Rice leave.
    Last edited by PA Season Ticket Holder; 03-28-2003, 01:30 AM.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I don't think the Bengals are smart enough to trade down. I think they take Suggs at #1. JMO.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• iceblizzard69
      Doh!
      • Jul 2002

The Saints signed Wayne Gandy to replace Turley, and he is a better LT than Turley. The Saints are going to take defense with both of their picks. Nice job! :)

Comment

• BillsMan80
        Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
        • Jul 2002

Stay away from Redding. Big TIME underacheiver. Not worth the risk in the 1st Round.
        The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
        THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Schobel94
          The Sack Master
          • Jan 2003

I would rather have Kelsay, but my first pick would be Haynes, he plays so hard on every down!
          Beware the sack master!

Comment

• BillsMan80
            • Jul 2002

But overall, I don't even want to see a DE Drafted. We have 2 fine ones in Schobel and Jones with a great backup in McKenzie. We should go TE, WR, or RB in the 1st Round. The offense must be addressed.

Comment

• Schobel94
              The Sack Master
              • Jan 2003

I disagree, I would love to have a great speed rusher, you can never have too many D-lineman. They split playing time more than any other position. It's not like other positions where backups only play when they get hurt, the D-line interchanges VERY often, so that backups can see significant playing time. That's what killed us, our starters were decent enough, but there was no depth so when all our second stringers were on the field we got killed!
              Beware the sack master!

Comment

• BillsMan80
                • Jul 2002

We have great depth too IMO...Denney and Irons will come along. They played decent for rookies last year, especially Irons.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

I'll add it to the draft page this weekend. I have to update my mock as well.

Comment

• Schobel94
                    The Sack Master
                    • Jan 2003

Well, arguably we have decent depth. I really like Irons, but Jones hasnt shown that he can still be a solid player, which I think he will, but I dont wanna take that chance. I would personally feel a lot better if we had a solid pass rushing end. I can see drafting a TE, but I think we can get a pretty good one with the 2nd rounder, hell Riemersma was a 7th rounder!
                    Beware the sack master!

Comment

• BillsMan80
                      • Jul 2002

There's only so much room for DEs...we can't keep picking 1st and 2nd Round DEs...we have a 2nd Round one from last year in Denney who I can't see TD giving up on.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                        Expert on Experts
                        • Jul 2002

It'd be tough to take another DE, we have so many already. I think this year Jones was our "draft pick DE" and don't see us going with another in the first round.

I think on Defense we could get a DT or FS, on offense I could see us getting a WR or OL. The great thing is, aside from maybe FS, we are drafting for depth this year instead of relying on the draft for starters, which is great!

Comment

• Schobel94
                          The Sack Master
                          • Jan 2003

We just signed Reese, I think FS is done, I mean, seriously, there isnt that much to get. We are talking about back up guards and second string tight ends. This will be a great team.
                          Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Kevikid
                            • Mar 2003

I think TD will just go best available for most of this draft, and that player will wind up being a TE in round 1 or 2. This draft is pretty stocked with TE's, albeit without superstars. We still have a good deal of cap room left, and I think that TD and Guy are satisfied enough with our DE's that they will not draft one if they do not feel a player is a good fit. That's not to say that they won't take a DE or DT in round 1, just that they're not going to take one for the sake of taking one. There will be a lot of good players cut on/after June 1st.
                            Clump's #1 Fan

Comment

• Kevikid
                              • Mar 2003

taking a few steps back from what i just said...we will have to draft a cornerback out of need...
                              Clump's #1 Fan

Comment

Working...
                              X