PDA

View Full Version : My Early Mock Draft(With Trades)

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-28-2003, 01:21 AM
1. Arizona Cardinals- Carson Palmer, QB- With the Bengals passing on Palmer, the Cardinals move up and secure the Top QB in the draft.

2. Detroit Lions- Charles Rogers, WR- The "Mooch" will definitely grab a threat for Joey Harrington to throw to.

3. Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Suggs, DE- JJ and The Tuna will be wheeling and dealing. They move up knowing that the Bears will probably take Suggs.

4. Chicago Bears- Jimmy Kennedy, DT- They are in dire need of DT help with Ted Washington on his last leg, and the expected release of Keith Traylor.

5. New York Jets- Andre Johnson, WR- Houston is looking for more picks, and what better way then to trade down twice. They get NY's #13 and 2nd round pick, and the Jets get their much needed replacement for Coles.

6. Cincinnati Bengals- Terance Newman, CB- The Bengals have addressed every just about every position on defense but their secondary. Marvin Lewis continues to build the defense, and Newman plays a big role in it.

7. Minnesota Vikings- Dwayne Robertson, DT- The Vikings finally make an effort in trying to build a better defense. As of right now, Robertson is the 2nd rated DT in most mock drafts.

8. New Orleans Saints- Marcus Trufant, CB- They deal the #17 and another pick. The Saints are in dire need of secondary help, and 2 first round picks makes this move possible.

9. Carolina Panthers- Kevin Williams, DT- The Panthers will continue to build the defense. Williams and Peppers should be a great duel for John Fox to work with.

10. Baltimore Ravens- Byron Leftwich- Brian Billick is seen doing a rain dance when Leftwich falls into his hands.

11. Seattle Seahawks- William Joseph, DT- This move is neccesary with Seattle's continous problems on defense.

12. St. Louis Rams- Andre Woolfolk, CB- After losing 2 CB's, and Williams collecting his SSI check, the Rams are forced to go with a CB. Hopefully Martz won't screw it up though.

13. Houston Texans- Jordan Gross, OT- The Texans finally get somebody that can block for Carr, and pick up 2nd and 3rd round picks in the process.

14. New England Patriots- Jonathon Sullivan, DT- New England lines up another DT to pair with Seymour. Their defense is looking pretty good after this pick.

15. San Diego Chargers- Boss Bailey, LB- Butler is known for drafting LB's, and with the exit of Seau he'd love the chance to nail Bailey.

16. Kansas City Chiefs- Jerome McDougal will fit in nicely with one of the worst defenses in the league last year.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars- Taylor Jacobs, WR- Jimmy Smith can't handle it all by himself.

18- New Orleans Saints- Kwyame Harris, OT- The Saints get their replacement after dumping Kyle Turley

19. New England Patriots- Kenny Peterson, DE- Their current DE's are old and washed up. The Patriots gather up a pretty good young front seven.

20. Denver Broncos- Micheal Haynes, DE- After releasing Pittman and Washington, the Broncos grab their replacement.

21. Cleveland Browns- E.J. Henderson, LB- The Browns will need insurance with Jamir Miller's career in Cleveland in doubt.

22. New York Jets- Rashean Mathis, S- Best value at a need on their team.

23. Buffalo Bills- Cory Redding, DE- The Bills need somebody besides Aaron Schobel.

24. Indianapolis Colts- Rien Long, DT- Dungy continues to try and build his defense.

25. New York Giants- Chris Kelsay, DE- Strahan is getting up there in age, and Kenny Holmes isn't really working out. They need somebody else in the mix.

26. San Francisco 49ers- Kelly Washington, WR- With the top DT's off the board, the Niners look to finally give Owens somebody on the other side.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers- Ken Hamlin, S- Safety was a disaster last year for the Steelers.

28. Tennessee Titans- Bryant Johnson, WR- Finding a competent WR is a must for the Titans in this draft.

29. Green Bay Packers- Terry Pierce, LB- The Packers wanted a DT, but it's better to have the 3rd MLB instead of a 2nd Tier DT.

30. Philadelphia Eagles- Jason Witten, TE- With no worthy DE's or LB's available, they decide to compensate the defensive losses, and finally give McNabb somebody he can throw to.

31. Oakland Raiders, Eric Steinbach, OL- The Raiders are thrilled with their 2 picks at the end of the 1st round.

32. Oakland Raiders, Brandon Lloyd, WR- The Raiders look for a replacement when Brown and Rice leave.

lordofgun
03-28-2003, 09:25 AM
I don't think the Bengals are smart enough to trade down. ;) I think they take Suggs at #1. JMO. :D

iceblizzard69
03-28-2003, 11:09 AM
The Saints signed Wayne Gandy to replace Turley, and he is a better LT than Turley. The Saints are going to take defense with both of their picks. Nice job! :)

BillsMan80
03-28-2003, 05:05 PM
Stay away from Redding. Big TIME underacheiver. Not worth the risk in the 1st Round.

Schobel94
03-28-2003, 06:25 PM
I would rather have Kelsay, but my first pick would be Haynes, he plays so hard on every down!

BillsMan80
03-28-2003, 06:50 PM
But overall, I don't even want to see a DE Drafted. We have 2 fine ones in Schobel and Jones with a great backup in McKenzie. We should go TE, WR, or RB in the 1st Round. The offense must be addressed.

Schobel94
03-28-2003, 07:21 PM
I disagree, I would love to have a great speed rusher, you can never have too many D-lineman. They split playing time more than any other position. It's not like other positions where backups only play when they get hurt, the D-line interchanges VERY often, so that backups can see significant playing time. That's what killed us, our starters were decent enough, but there was no depth so when all our second stringers were on the field we got killed!

BillsMan80
03-28-2003, 07:30 PM
We have great depth too IMO...Denney and Irons will come along. They played decent for rookies last year, especially Irons.

Dozerdog
03-28-2003, 07:36 PM
I'll add it to the draft page this weekend. I have to update my mock as well.

Schobel94
03-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Well, arguably we have decent depth. I really like Irons, but Jones hasnt shown that he can still be a solid player, which I think he will, but I dont wanna take that chance. I would personally feel a lot better if we had a solid pass rushing end. I can see drafting a TE, but I think we can get a pretty good one with the 2nd rounder, hell Riemersma was a 7th rounder!

BillsMan80
03-28-2003, 07:58 PM
There's only so much room for DEs...we can't keep picking 1st and 2nd Round DEs...we have a 2nd Round one from last year in Denney who I can't see TD giving up on.

SoCalBillsFan
03-28-2003, 08:07 PM
It'd be tough to take another DE, we have so many already. I think this year Jones was our "draft pick DE" and don't see us going with another in the first round.

I think on Defense we could get a DT or FS, on offense I could see us getting a WR or OL. The great thing is, aside from maybe FS, we are drafting for depth this year instead of relying on the draft for starters, which is great!

Schobel94
03-28-2003, 08:17 PM
We just signed Reese, I think FS is done, I mean, seriously, there isnt that much to get. We are talking about back up guards and second string tight ends. This will be a great team.

Kevikid
03-28-2003, 08:31 PM
I think TD will just go best available for most of this draft, and that player will wind up being a TE in round 1 or 2. This draft is pretty stocked with TE's, albeit without superstars. We still have a good deal of cap room left, and I think that TD and Guy are satisfied enough with our DE's that they will not draft one if they do not feel a player is a good fit. That's not to say that they won't take a DE or DT in round 1, just that they're not going to take one for the sake of taking one. There will be a lot of good players cut on/after June 1st.

Kevikid
03-28-2003, 08:42 PM
taking a few steps back from what i just said...we will have to draft a cornerback out of need...

BillsMan80
03-28-2003, 09:07 PM
I don't think we need a Cornerback. We have 3 fine ones in Winfield, Clements, and Thomas.

4thAndLong
03-28-2003, 09:46 PM
Denney looked good last year? He couldn't beat the waterboy out.

We need a pass rushing DE, Jones remains a question mark and McKenzie is back-up at best...

BillsMan80
03-28-2003, 10:54 PM
I never said that Denney looked good. Jones's injury was not that serious either as people make it out to be. Jones will recover, and McKenzie had 8 sacks for 3 straight years. We are FINE at DE. We need to address other positions.

DraftBoy
03-29-2003, 09:50 AM
Some mocks have us taking McGahee at 23, interesting thought if you think about it. Anyways this is why we should deal the 1st rounder to get extra picks later there is no sure impact player anybody can agree upon that would be nice. I would love to have Jerome McDougal, or Micheal Haynes but I dont wanna spend the 1st round money on them if they still have to beat 4 other guys to get PT (Jones, Shoebel, McKenzie, and Irons). Dt would be nice but anybody like Peterson taken there could be had in round 2. I would just prefer to get an early rd. 2 selection and an extra 3rd. With those picks I see us making these selections:

2a. Lemarcus McDonald OLB
2b. Willis McGahee RB
3a. Nick Eason DT
3b Billy McCullen WR
4. Nmandi Asomugha FS
5. Charles Tillman CB
6. Kevin Ware TE
7. Cliff Washburn DE

just my thoughts

shadowfax
03-29-2003, 08:40 PM
Look, there's no way in hell that TD is gonna take a DE in the first round. Not when we have 2 new players, we spent a second rounder last year, and have improved the DT situation to give current players more help. We have a thousand DEs on the roster. None of them are A players, unless M. JOnes busts back and Schobel busts out, but still...

The real priority is STILL DT. Our two starters are 30. Gotta prepare for the future AND find someone who can fill in when the big old guys tire. It WILL BE a DT with our first pick, I'll take any bets.

The only outside possibilities would be WR if someone's there that they have ranked highest, C like Jeff Faine if the don't think he'll be there in the second round, or perhaps Jason Witten, TE.

DraftBoy
03-30-2003, 12:15 PM
I dont wanna see us go TE in round 1, because we are all sure that Dave Moore will be the starter and we already dealt away one DP for Campbell, I dont think TE in round 1 is even an option.