PDA

View Full Version : The main reason we still have Reed

83evans
11-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Hes clutch. If theres 2 minutes to go or on 4th and 6 he is usually the one that makes the big play.

gr8slayer
11-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Think you started enough threads?

Luisito23
11-03-2007, 03:34 PM
LOL....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

83evans
11-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I made this thread because I have seen alot of posts about how we should get rid of Reed.

John Doe
11-03-2007, 04:11 PM

I don't think that you can start enough non-QB related threads.

Luisito23
11-03-2007, 04:14 PM
I made this thread because I have seen alot of posts about how we should get rid of Reed.

I love Reed, and I think he's very underrated around here, but what else is new....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

YardRat
11-03-2007, 06:31 PM
I like Reed. I'd like him a lot better splitting time with Parrish in the slot and a better #2 opposite Evans on the field.

justasportsfan
11-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Reed is another victim of the qb musical chairs. Ala Moulds. HE would've been so much better if there was stability in the qb position. He can't get settled.

Meathead
11-03-2007, 08:04 PM
:rockout: snitches

OpIv37
11-03-2007, 08:44 PM
the main reason we still have Reed is because we don't have anyone better.

I've been hard on Reed but I don't even blame him anymore. The problem with Reed is he's a solid #3 possession receiver that the Bills continue to try to use as a #2 and he's just not good enough to do it. I can't hold it against the player because our coaches are trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Nighthawk
11-03-2007, 09:12 PM

What do you expect from trolls?

Typ0
11-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Reed is another victim of the qb musical chairs. Ala Moulds. HE would've been so much better if there was stability in the qb position. He can't get settled.

more likely it's vice versa...we haven't had a solid staff of receivers here in years. When Moulds was here the pressure was on him and the receivers were his responsibility. That's why he was so vocal. Every time a choice was made that effected the receiving corp he was right there talking it up...he didn't care about the team he just cared about the receivers.

We're seeing the same thing with Evans now. This team is nothing but a bunch of disjointed players who have worked very hard to get where they are fighting for their future. There is no future in Buffalo as the veteran players see it so they just want to make numbers on every single down that's the only thing important. If we had a team they'd be fighting for wins not personal gains. And that is the problem with the coaching...the coaches are fighting for wins and the veteran players are fighting for personal gains. The culture on the professional sports teams in buffalo sucks. The instability in the coaching is a function of the veteran players fighting for personal gains because they have no confidence in a future with the team. So were stuck with youth being the only ones with a perception of team.

There is only one thing that is going to keep this bottom from falling out and that's a top knotch quarterback that can lead this team and be stronger than all the forces against him. Someone that the players can rely on to become more than they are. Someone that the coaching staff can ride along with. Someone that can overcome the total incompetence of Ralph Wilson. It's a very tall order...we are talking bigger than Montana and Favre here. The only other alternative is something none of us want. We need that guy. I've already seen enough to know that JP Lossman is not that guy. So we better get someone else quick.

Mahdi
11-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Reed could be our Welker or even better if he had someone like Boldin opposite Lee Evans. But in our Offense he is treated like our second best WR which is too much attention for him. He needs to be running free across the middle while our WRs draw all the attention and he finds the holes in the zones. Reed is smart and reliable but he needs help to reach his potential.

shelby
11-04-2007, 11:34 AM
:rockout: snitches
i agree with the ignorant slut
;)

Oaf
11-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Reed has been an unsung hero for us these last couple games, at either #2 or #3. He's usually good for 4 catches for 50 yards and 3 firsts which is just fine by me.

But with Price, Parrish, and Aiken out, we have Reed starting, and Jenkins at #3. No matter how good Evans does, we will see plenty of 8 man fronts for Lynch.