PDA

View Full Version : Re-Starting The BZFL

R. Rich
11-03-2007, 08:07 PM
If there's enough interest from the owners, I will volunteer to sim the games and get our league started back up again. We can keep the same rosters as before all this nonsense happened. I just have to get an accurate spreadsheet from Franklin or I'd have to go through all of the transactions and piece together the rosters.

So, who's up for getting the league back on track?

BillsFever21
01-15-2008, 04:44 AM
Didn't see this email until now. I would again but it looks like everyone else doesn't anymore. That doesn't surprise me considering the amount of time that went by and the way it ended to begin with.

My team was set to run for the title for years to come. Was in great cap shape and had about 12 draft picks and 5 out of the first 50. Oh well.

The King
01-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Nah, Im done with that.

Forward_Lateral
01-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Nope. Moved on. Already in 2 other sim leagues. That's enough.

Forward_Lateral
01-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Rich, if you are looking for another league, let me know, there might be an opening in the BAFA league. PM me if you are interested.

RockStar36
01-15-2008, 10:10 AM
I know I wasn't in it before but I would be interested in joining if it started again

L.A. Playa
01-15-2008, 10:13 AM
I maybe starting a league that plays head to head, which means you have to own the game and games will be played online against other teams on another site if anyone is interested PM me, game costs approx $ 60

hydro
01-15-2008, 10:50 AM
I would be interested in getting into a sim league.

R. Rich
01-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, looks like we have a couple people interested. If we have to go w/ an all new group, I can probably bring in a few newcomers as well.

R. Rich
01-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I maybe starting a league that plays head to head, which means you have to own the game and games will be played online against other teams on another site if anyone is interested PM me, game costs approx $ 60

YOU may be???

Ebenezer
01-15-2008, 05:25 PM
For those guys showing interest...thanks. That means a lot and I again apologize for what happened to the original league. After I got laid off I really didn't have time to keep it going. Now, I work two full time jobs and as much as I would love to bring the league back or even just be an owner there is no possible way for me to do it...and truly, I feel bad about that.

Forward_Lateral
01-15-2008, 08:59 PM
For those guys showing interest...thanks. That means a lot and I again apologize for what happened to the original league. After I got laid off I really didn't have time to keep it going. Now, I work two full time jobs and as much as I would love to bring the league back or even just be an owner there is no possible way for me to do it...and truly, I feel bad about that.

Don't feel bad. There is more to life than this stuff. There are TONS of Sim leagues on web that people can join, and because of you, I'd say at least 3 leagues were created. If you hadn't have brought us into it, we wouldn't have known about it.

:up:

Ebenezer
01-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Don't feel bad. There is more to life than this stuff. There are TONS of Sim leagues on web that people can join, and because of you, I'd say at least 3 leagues were created. If you hadn't have brought us into it, we wouldn't have known about it.

:up:
:teary:

thanks, man!

R. Rich
01-16-2008, 10:50 AM

I should beat you just for showing up in this thread. Get lost.

R. Rich
01-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Looks like we may be going w/ a whole new crew of owners or mostly new. We'll get started w/ the offseason activities once the new player rankings are released.

BlackMetalNinja
01-16-2008, 12:41 PM
I would potentially be interested in this if somebody would be willing to fill me in some more on details and how much of a time investment on average we're talking about!

RockStar36
01-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Like I said before, I'm very interested. I figure I devote quite a bit of time to my Madden franchise and this would be potentially more rewarding/more fun since I'd be playing with actual people.

R. Rich
01-17-2008, 10:01 AM
I would potentially be interested in this if somebody would be willing to fill me in some more on details and how much of a time investment on average we're talking about!

Feel free to peruse this forum to see what it all entails. I'm hoping to avoid redoing all of the rosters, as that would be very time consuming. To stock all the teams, the draft is 'bout 55 rounds. Most teams are pretty much even, so if everyone agrees, we can all keep what we have to date. If not, we'll set up a brand new stocking draft. Other than the free agent and rookie drafts, there's not a whole lot for the owners to do, other than anything they'd like to do in the way of trades or other moves. It can be time consuming, especially @ the start, but it's also a lot of fun.

Ebenezer
01-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Feel free to peruse this forum to see what it all entails. I'm hoping to avoid redoing all of the rosters, as that would be very time consuming. To stock all the teams, the draft is 'bout 55 rounds. Most teams are pretty much even, so if everyone agrees, we can all keep what we have to date. If not, we'll set up a brand new stocking draft. Other than the free agent and rookie drafts, there's not a whole lot for the owners to do, other than anything they'd like to do in the way of trades or other moves. It can be time consuming, especially @ the start, but it's also a lot of fun.
personally, the stocking draft is a blast.

Michael82
01-18-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm definitely interested in this again. I was just looking at many of my players that I drafted in the rookie draft and FA draft and my team would have done pretty good this year. :sigh:

madness
01-18-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm definitely interested in this again. I was just looking at many of my players that I drafted in the rookie draft and FA draft and my team would have done pretty good this year. :sigh:

That's just your ego talking whipping boy. :snicker:

Michael82
01-18-2008, 12:03 PM
That's just your ego talking whipping boy. :snicker:
well, one of the young players that I had on my team was shot to death in january 2007. But still, overall it did very well. :up:

L.A. Playa
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
at this point I wouldnt be interested in keeping the same players, I maybe interested if there is a whole new stocking draft and all I have to do is draft and not help

madness
01-18-2008, 12:09 PM

Great, now Rich gets credited for the comeback. :tongue:

I still stand by bringing this whole thing back like we talked so if you're backing Rich's effort, I'm all in.

madness
01-18-2008, 12:13 PM
well, one of the young players that I had on my team was shot to death in january 2007. But still, overall it did very well. :up:

My young guys look good too. I'll miss having Peyton, McGahee, R. Brown, and Westbrook though.

R. Rich
01-18-2008, 12:13 PM
at this point I wouldnt be interested in keeping the same players, I maybe interested if there is a whole new stocking draft and all I have to do is draft and not help

Since so many will be new owners, a new stocking draft is all but certain.

madness
01-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Since so many will be new owners, a new stocking draft is all but certain.

Rich, I have two friends that helped me with my team when I came a new owner and really got into the game. They would definitely be interested if we need more guys.

Michael82
01-18-2008, 01:36 PM
I had a few of good, young players on my team. But overall, it was a mess. I'm fine with a brand new stocking draft. Those are always fun to do. :up:

QB Vince Young :rofl:
RB Fred Taylor
WR Jerricho Cotchery
DE Will Smith
DT Shaun Rogers
DE Darryl Tapp (my rookie pick from 2006)
MLB Antonio Pierce
OLB Angelo Crowell
CB Darrent Williams :(
CB Marlin Jackson
S Deon Grant
P Andy Lee (Pro Bowl punter)

madness
01-18-2008, 02:49 PM
I had a few of good, young players on my team. But overall, it was a mess. I'm fine with a brand new stocking draft. Those are always fun to do. :up:

QB Vince Young :rofl:
RB Fred Taylor
WR Jerricho Cotchery
DE Will Smith
DT Shaun Rogers
DE Darryl Tapp (my rookie pick from 2006)
MLB Antonio Pierce
OLB Angelo Crowell
CB Darrent Williams :(
CB Marlin Jackson
S Deon Grant
P Andy Lee (Pro Bowl punter)

Damn you, Mikey! You made me wanna check out my roster and 6 out of 9 draft picks are starters already and I totally forgot I had KE on my roster. He was on IR from his rookie season. :sad:

R. Rich
01-18-2008, 03:04 PM
My team sucked:

OFFENSE
Byron Leftwich
Julius Jones
Marion Barber
Lee Evans
Devery Henderson
Desmond Clark
Jonathan Ogden
Artis Hicks
Matt Birk
Cosey Coleman
Bryant McKinnie

DEFENSE
Mario Williams
Jamal Williams
Chris Canty/Derrick Burgess
Joey Porter
Jonathan Vilma
Nick Barnett
Karlos Dansby
Antonio Cromartie
Dunta Robinson/Nathan Vasher
Bob Sanders
Sean Taylor (RIP)

Kicker: David Akers
Punter: Brad Maynard

Return man: ??

Devin
01-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah it did, but not near as bad as mine was.

Tom Brady sucks.

R. Rich
01-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah it did, but not near as bad as mine was.

Tom Brady sucks.

I mean it though. As good as the defense was, I couldn't score a point to save my life, not w/ Leftwich as my starter and w/ some of the worst guards in the game attempting to block. I got a decent year (first year) out of Kendyl Jacox. Other than that, I had awful guard play.

Ebenezer
01-19-2008, 01:52 PM
if we draft from scratch and this restarts after 4/20 I'll join up as an owner...but there is no way I could run it again.

R. Rich
01-19-2008, 04:36 PM
if we draft from scratch and this restarts after 4/20 I'll join up as an owner...but there is no way I could run it again.

I don't believe anyone outside of your thick skull has mentioned your running this league, Franklin.

We'll be redrafting and, as we disussed earlier, you're in if you want in.

Ebenezer
01-19-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't believe anyone outside of your thick skull has mentioned your running this league, Franklin.

We'll be redrafting and, as we disussed earlier, you're in if you want in.
Thanks! I am in if it starts after 4/20...

ryjam282
01-19-2008, 09:20 PM
I would definitely be interested in getting back in this, but really only if we could keep teams. I was really building something and was quite disappointed when it ended. Let me know how this is going to go down.

Also, I do believe I still have the last rosters that Eb sent us with the players and salaries.

Previous owner of the Kansas City Super Deuces

BillsFever21
01-22-2008, 02:47 AM

I want my old team back. Do we also get the draft picks for this years draft that we were originally supposed to have?

R. Rich
01-22-2008, 07:21 AM
I want my old team back. Do we also get the draft picks for this years draft that we were originally supposed to have?

Ain't gonna happen. Since we have so many new owners coming aboard, we're going to have to redraft.

BillsFever21
01-28-2008, 04:07 AM
I think I may give my spot up if we are starting over again. I don't think I have the time to devote to the hours and hours it would take to stock the teams over again.

I spent hours building my team from the ground up and I was young and primed to make a run for years. Just about all of my draft picks were either starters or contributing on their respective teams. I don't feel certain enough in the league just folding up it's tent again after a year or so to devote all that time again. Sorry guys.

SquishDaFish
01-30-2008, 08:18 AM
About when you think its going to start Rich

hydro
01-30-2008, 08:19 AM
I think he said in another thread that we would start in april sometime. Thats when the new rosters for the software we are using comes out.

R. Rich
01-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Once the new player rankings are released, we'll have a better idea. That should happen some time 'round the middle of March.