PDA

View Full Version : Game 8 — Cincinnati at Buffalo

YardRat
11-04-2007, 03:58 AM
http://www.niagara-gazette.com/Buffalo%20Bills/local_story_307234121.html

Where the advantage lies ...

Running game — BUFFALO: He’s yet to crack the 100-yard barrier, but Marshawn Lynch is now in the top 10 in rushing, with 537 yards this season. He should have success against a Cincinnati run defense ranked 28th in the league, after facing four of the top six run defenses in the past two months.

Passing game — CINCINNATI: Despite a woeful start to the season, the Bengals are fifth in passing yards per game, at 263.9. It helps when you have a quarterback like Carson Palmer and receivers like Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. The Bills, meanwhile, are 31st in the league.

Run defense — BUFFALO: Rudi Johnson is expected to be back at 100 percent this week after injuring his hamstring Sept. 23. He’ll likely split carries with Kenny Watson, who’s filled in nicely. Still, don’t expect too much from the Bengals backs against a suddenly-stout Buffalo run defense.

Pass defense — BUFFALO: The Bills have allowed just 10 touchdown passes in seven games. Cincinnati, meanwhile, has given up nearly double the NFL average of touchdown passes this season with 18, tied for most in the league with Cleveland.

Kicking game — BUFFALO: Sorry, I can’t in good conscious give the advantage to any team that employs Shayne Graham as its kicker. I just can’t shake the image of some of Graham’s more pathetic efforts during his brief stint in Buffalo. To his credit, he’s been better since leaving the winds of Western New York.

Return game — BUFFALO: The last time the Bills met the Bengals, kick returner Terrence McGee took one to the house. McGee is one of just 10 players in the history of the NFL to have at least five kick returns for touchdowns. He might get another chance today, as the Bengals rank 29th in kick coverage.

Coaching — BUFFALO: When the Bengals were winning, Marvin Lewis got credit for keeping his team together despite a run of 10 arrests over a 14-month period. With his team 2-5, Lewis is now on the hot seat. In Bills country, coach Dick Jauron has flip-flopped like a politician on the quarterback situation.

SquishDaFish
11-04-2007, 05:21 AM
:clap:

mybills
11-04-2007, 05:25 AM
31st in the league Gee, I wonder why? :ill: