PDA

View Full Version : Producing victories could give Losman lift

YardRat
11-04-2007, 06:09 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071104/SPORTS0102/711040317/-1/COLUMNS

Should J.P. invigorate the Bills' lethargic offense these next two games, Jauron will be faced with a difficult decision. The last thing this young, impressionable Bills team needs is a full-blown QB controversy.

Wide receiver Lee Evans already has stirred the embers by publicly campaigning for Losman. Jauron, meanwhile, said two Tuesdays ago that Edwards was his guy for the long term.

It appears that he is sticking with that decision, but the Yale-educated coach can be an obfuscator at times.

I believe he is handling the situation the way it needs to be handled at this point, but the sledding could become much more treacherous in the not-so-distant future.

Perhaps J.P. plays well enough to improve his trade value and the Bills are able to deal him in the offseason for at least a third-round pick. (Procuring a draft choice that high is not farfetched, considering the dearth of quality quarterbacks in the NFL.)

Or maybe the Bills decide to hold Losman to the final year of his contract in 2008, and he backs up Edwards, who has a history of being injury-prone.
Or perhaps the switch finally clicks on and J.P. becomes the quarterback former Bills general manager Tom Donahoe envisioned when he drafted him in the first round four years ago. In which case, Ralph Wilson will have to break open the bank on a long-term contract extension.
Or maybe J.P. continues to be the second-coming of Jake Plummer and never pans out.

It all makes for good theater, and adds even more spice to a Bills season that's been anything but bland.

shelby
11-04-2007, 07:42 AM
i hope JP has a great game today.

He needs to.

:gobills:

Mitchy moo
11-04-2007, 08:13 AM
i hope JP has a great game today.

He needs to.

:gobills:

I hope he passes for 400 yards and 6 TD's. I want Carson to lick DIgi's boots!!

venis2k1
11-04-2007, 08:17 AM
this maybe the biggest game of his career.

HHURRICANE
11-04-2007, 08:25 AM
I would like nothing more than for JP to step up and take back his QB job convincingly.

If there was ever a time and place this is it.

I supported the Trent decision but that doesn't mean that I want to be proven right!

I'd much rather have JP prove me wrong. He has the physical gifts so lets see if he plays with them today and gets it done.

Go JP!!!!

Yasgur's Farm
11-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Beating Bengals and Dolphins will extend his "audition". But to get Ralph to change his mind will probably take the impossible task of beating the Pats.

YardRat
11-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Beating Bengals and Dolphins will extend his "audition". But to get Ralph to change his mind will probably take the impossible task of beating the Pats.

Jauron makes the call on the QB, and nobody else.

Ed
11-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Jauron makes the call on the QB, and nobody else.
Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure the guy spending millions on the team has no input and will just bite his tongue if Jauron makes decisions he doesn't like.

What makes you so certain Jauron is the only one making the call?

YardRat
11-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure the guy spending millions on the team has no input and will just bite his tongue if Jauron makes decisions he doesn't like.

What makes you so certain Jauron is the only one making the call?

Levy was emphatic about it on his radio show this week. I believe Marv supports his HC, and would support his HC to Wilson and I believe Wilson trusts Marv.

Wilson may in reality want Edwards starting, but I don't buy the arguments that it'
s about money and if Marv tells him the decision is best for for the team Ralph goes along with it.

Ed
11-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Levy was emphatic about it on his radio show this week. I believe Marv supports his HC, and would support his HC to Wilson and I believe Wilson trusts Marv.

Wilson may in reality want Edwards starting, but I don't buy the arguments that it'
s about money and if Marv tells him the decision is best for for the team Ralph goes along with it.
I'm not saying it's certain that Ralph is interferring, I just wouldn't put it past him. After he admitted that he would have made Wade play Johnson over Flutie in that playoff game, it wouldn't surprise me for him to force the coaches hand if he felt strongly enough about something. Besides, it's not even an issue right now because Edwards is injured. I don't expect Marv to say anything other then what he's said also. I fully believe that Marv backs Jauron and the decisions he makes, but if Ralph did indeed get involved with coaching decisions, it's not like Marv is going to come out and say it publicly.

Ed
11-04-2007, 10:47 AM

Just so you know, I do hope you're right.