PDA

View Full Version : Watch Losman's Short Game

Wys Guy
11-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Disclaimer: I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, put down the team, don't wish the team to lose, etc., etc., etc.

I am merely suggesting where to look for Losman's future utility to this team.

On the first drive, as short as it was, JP's shortest pass completed on the fly was 16-17 yards and that was the TD catch.

He had one throw short and that was underthrown. Forget all the deep stuff, but if Losman is going to be a good QB for either this team or another, he will have to begin having success in his short game. The first drive and deeper stuff is exciting, but it won't lead to success for this offense against teams with defenses much better than Cincy's which is near rock bottom.

Otherwise enjoy the game!!

Running Tally of short passes (plus total gain):

Incomplete short right to Reed
Short Left to Scchouman for 10
Short Middle to Gaines for 9
Short Left to Parrish for -2
Short Right to Lynch for 7
Incomplete Short MIdddle to Evans (reality: dropped by Evans)
Short Right to Gaines for 11
Short Left to Gaines for 2 (RZ)
Short Middle to Thomas for 11
Short Right Schouman no gain
Short Left Reed for 5 on 2nd-and-5 at Cincy 8 (leaving only 6 seconds on clock force use of last timeout)
Short Left to Reed for 6
Short Left to Evans for 10
Short Right to Reed for 8
Short Left to Evans for 8 (JP under pressure)
Incomplete Short to Royal
Incomplete Short Right to Reed
Short Left Reed for 7
Incomplete Short to Reed (Key 3rd down)

Tatonka
11-04-2007, 12:41 PM
he layed in 3 nice passes to the te's as well that were perfect touch, right on the money.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Perfect touch to Hall also.

Wys Guy
11-04-2007, 12:52 PM
he layed in 3 nice passes to the te's as well that were perfect touch, right on the money.

His first pass to Schouman was nice.

Other than that he's thrown two short passes, the one to Gaines for 9 and another to Parrish that lost a yard or two.

His pick was of the "live by the deep pass die by the deep pass" variety.

TedMock
11-04-2007, 12:53 PM
He has to get rid of the ball faster. Still holding it too long. You can't stand there after 3-4 seconds and expect things not to get rushed - even with a good offensive line.

Wys Guy
11-04-2007, 01:06 PM
He has to get rid of the ball faster. Still holding it too long. You can't stand there after 3-4 seconds and expect things not to get rushed - even with a good offensive line.

LOL

Well, you can vs. this D. This D absolutely stinks. Shame to us for not being able to grab 7 from 1st-and-Goal at the Cincy 1.

But you're right, this game is not at a good overall indicator due to this pathetic D. We knew it wasn't good, but dang, does it get much worse w/o fielding only 10 men.

djjimkelly
11-04-2007, 01:09 PM
LOL

Well, you can vs. this D. This D absolutely stinks. Shame to us for not being able to grab 7 from 1st-and-Goal at the Cincy 1.

But you're right, this game is not at a good overall indicator due to this pathetic D. We knew it wasn't good, but dang, does it get much worse w/o fielding only 10 men.

what D did some else do well agst not exactly the 85 bears.

regardless JP is playing well shame the last drive didnt punch it in from 1st and goal from 1. several great passes 1 crap 1. ill take this its definately fun to watch

TedMock
11-04-2007, 01:10 PM
LOL

Why not run straight at them from the half yard line? They have Lynch stretch short side then try to cut back?! Why?!

Cincy's D does look pretty bad yet we're down 14-10.

Wys Guy
11-04-2007, 01:15 PM
what D did some else do well agst not exactly the 85 bears.

regardless JP is playing well shame the last drive didnt punch it in from 1st and goal from 1. several great passes 1 crap 1. ill take this its definately fun to watch

I'm kinda neutral djjimkelly. Given this D IMO we should have 14-21 already. Fun to watch, ... moderate. Good to see a pulse, but consider the D opponent. Fun for some perhaps, but hardly impressive.

That last KR for TD wasn't very fun to watch.

Why not run straight at them from the half yard line? They have Lynch stretch short side then try to cut back?! Why?!

Cincy's D does look pretty bad yet we're down 14-10.

I don't get it either. -6 yards on 2 carries by Lynch. Doesn't seem like Lynch, so that doesn't say much for the OL that everyone keeps defending.

Mr. Cynical
11-04-2007, 02:00 PM
3 FGs, 1 TD, 1 INT. So much for the "huge difference" between our QBs.

djjimkelly
11-04-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm kinda neutral djjimkelly. Given this D IMO we should have 14-21 already. Fun to watch, ... moderate. Good to see a pulse, but consider the D opponent. Fun for some perhaps, but hardly impressive.

That last KR for TD wasn't very fun to watch.

I don't get it either. -6 yards on 2 carries by Lynch. Doesn't seem like Lynch, so that doesn't say much for the OL that everyone keeps defending.

well 1st and goal from 1 3 runs for loss of 5 definately isnt losmans fault

Wys Guy
11-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Another coaching blunder taking a timeout. Johnson was in. Now the Bengals will see that, challenge it, and have a TD. Johnson's knees never hit the ground until the ball was well across the plane.

Wys Guy
11-04-2007, 02:03 PM
well 1st and goal from 1 3 runs for loss of 5 definately isnt losmans fault

Oh, no doubt, but it's also not a ringing endorsement for the OL or for those that I've been debating with on the notion that it hasn't improved. (My position)

Wys Guy
11-04-2007, 02:53 PM
I probably missed a pass or two later, but all in all a good short game for Losman today.

MTBillsFan
11-04-2007, 03:58 PM
:shocked: Fairchild found the page in the playbook with the quick slant! It works almost all the time!

YardRat
11-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Another coaching blunder taking a timeout. Johnson was in. Now the Bengals will see that, challenge it, and have a TD. Johnson's knees never hit the ground until the ball was well across the plane.

Ooops.

Oaf
11-04-2007, 05:32 PM
3 FGs, 1 TD, 1 INT. So much for the "huge difference" between our QBs.
33 offensive points. 6 scoring drives. There's your difference.

On a semi-related note, is anyone else missing their groan button on their pages?

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Disclaimer: I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, put down the team, don't wish the team to lose, etc., etc., etc.

I am merely suggesting where to look for Losman's future utility to this team.

On the first drive, as short as it was, JP's shortest pass completed on the fly was 16-17 yards and that was the TD catch.

He had one throw short and that was underthrown. Forget all the deep stuff, but if Losman is going to be a good QB for either this team or another, he will have to begin having success in his short game. The first drive and deeper stuff is exciting, but it won't lead to success for this offense against teams with defenses much better than Cincy's which is near rock bottom.

Otherwise enjoy the game!!

Running Tally of short passes (plus total gain):

Incomplete short right to Reed
Short Left to Scchouman for 10
Short Middle to Gaines for 9
Short Left to Parrish for -2
Short Right to Lynch for 7
Incomplete Short MIdddle to Evans (reality: dropped by Evans)
Short Right to Gaines for 11
Short Left to Gaines for 2 (RZ)
Short Middle to Thomas for 11
Short Right Schouman no gain
Short Left Reed for 5 on 2nd-and-5 at Cincy 8 (leaving only 6 seconds on clock force use of last timeout)
Short Left to Reed for 6
Short Left to Evans for 10
Short Right to Reed for 8
Short Left to Evans for 8 (JP under pressure)
Incomplete Short to Royal
Incomplete Short Right to Reed
Short Left Reed for 7
Incomplete Short to Reed (Key 3rd down)
Get Edwards D out of your mouth already...... :shakeno:

Dr. Lecter
11-04-2007, 05:53 PM
His best pass of the game was with 2 minutes left. 3rd and short to Evans.

That was the ball game folks.

Bravo to JP, the coaches and defense for this game. :bf1:

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2007, 05:56 PM

Glad to see somebody enjoying the win.

gr8slayer
11-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Glad to see somebody enjoying the win.
Only the fans are enjoying the win. TD is far from being a Bills fan.

acehole
11-04-2007, 06:33 PM

hhaahaa we won and you are still have this debate with yourself.

YardRat
11-04-2007, 06:38 PM
I wish you people would get off TD's ass...he isn't acting any different than some of you did when Edwards was under center and the team won a few games.

Look in the mirror.

EricStratton
11-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Ooops.

Nice how that kind of slid past eh?