PDA

View Full Version : So did JP win the job back?

Mr. Miyagi
11-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I think he played very well, his long bombs were there and showed willingness to dump it off when necessary. I think he should get the starting gig back.

Kerr
11-04-2007, 03:50 PM
I think so.

justasportsfan
11-04-2007, 03:51 PM
IF it were up to the team, I'd say yes. But it's Ralphys decision.

MTBillsFan
11-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Probably, other than his pick that was underthrown horribly he played pretty darn well.

SquishDaFish
11-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Damn right he has

RockStar36
11-04-2007, 03:54 PM
He'll start next week.

YardRat
11-04-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm going to let the QB thing play itself out and let Jauron handle it the way he wants to.

JP certainly played well today, I'd bet he starts next week in Miami.

streetkings01
11-04-2007, 03:57 PM
He played the Bengals! They let Pennigton throw a bomb on them! The Pats are the real test, not the Bungals!

Mad Bomber
11-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I think he played very well, his long bombs were there and showed willingness to dump it off when necessary. I think he should get the starting gig back.
Absolutely.

We scored over 30 points today.

Lee Evans (our best offensive threat) had over 150 yards.

Seems better than "poise" plus 1 TD plus 5 ints....

I'm a BILLS fan. Today I saw a QB who got a win for the BILLS.

That said, MARSHAWN LYNCH was our MVP today, with a TD PASS (lmao) and a really sweet TD run.

SquishDaFish
11-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Exactly Bomber. This is the best the O has looked all year. JP was a big part of that even that haters have to admit that.

Ed
11-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Besides the int, he didn't take any sack or fumbles, threw the ball well and scored some points. We moved the ball well too. I thought he he played great, I'm not sure what more we could ask for. His intermediate throws looked good, which a lot of people questioned and he managed the game well. A part from that KO return for a TD, our whole team looked pretty good as a whole. It'll be interesting to see if Edwards is healthy enough to practice this week. I'm not sure if you can really justify benching JP this week. We looked like a pretty good team and JP looked like a pretty good qb.

TigerJ
11-04-2007, 04:00 PM
He played well, and probably should get his job back. However, Dick Jauron made a point of saying Trent Edwards had won the starting job before the Baltimore game without the "this week" qualifier. So there is a matter of Jauron having to swallow his pride as well as Wilson's opinion in the background. I will guess that Losman did enough to overcome those two factors, but it's difficult to say for certain.

John Doe
11-04-2007, 04:05 PM
If Jauron is consistent with his rationale for starting Edwards before, then he will start Losman the next game:

The Bills are on a roll and you do not want to mess with the continuity of the QB position, particularly after a very good game like Losman just had.

TheBrownBear
11-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Yes...and i think jauron sticks with him

Novacane
11-04-2007, 04:07 PM
They are in posistion to fight for a playoff spot. I'd start the vet. I expect him to have a good game next week too. 2 weeks from today will be the big test.

I know we played a ****ty defense today but the play that impressed me was that 3rd down conversion with a little over 2 minutes to go. We really needed that and Losman made the play.

Typ0
11-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I've seen JP have good games before and come back with duds. His style of play is not going to beat better teams. The job was taken away from him for a reason we're in it for the long haul not some good games here and there.

Ed
11-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I've seen JP have good games before and come back with duds. His style of play is not going to beat better teams. The job was taken away from him for a reason we're in it for the long haul not some good games here and there.
Yeah, that reason was injury. What makes you so confident in a rookie qb? We looked pretty good today. What's the problem?

Typ0
11-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Give it a ficking break TYPO!! Damn man

you're all fired up because we won. You give it a break and look at the history...

Ed
11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
you're all fired up because we won. You give it a break and look at the history...
Yeah, we've sucked for years, before Losman even got here. Why don't you give it a break and just appreciate today.

Philagape
11-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Honestly I'm torn, but he probably earned another game. Losing his job looks like it light a fire under him, and I'll take the chance that the light may be finally turning on. But he gets a short leash. Today was no test at all, but he did do pretty well. He did what he's always done ... beat up weaklings. Nothing new today.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2007, 04:20 PM
They are in posistion to fight for a playoff spot. I'd start the vet. I expect him to have a good game next week too. 2 weeks from today will be the big test.

I know we played a ****ty defense today but the play that impressed me was that 3rd down conversion with a little over 2 minutes to go. We really needed that and Losman made the play.
Exactly, Miami is absolutely wretched on defense. We need to score points, not play ball control against an 0-8 team. New England is a completely different story though...I don't think either qb will help us that game--Pats will dominate us

STAMPY
11-04-2007, 04:23 PM
I am a Trent Backer, But JP supporter too. And i was in favor of switch earlier BUUUUUUT JP's chemistry with Evans. And a look of hunger and desire in JPs eyes encouraged me. I Think he gives us best chance to win.

So go with JP IMO.

But either way we have 2 Good QB's.

Trent is light years ahead of every backup and better than some starters.

SquishDaFish
11-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Exactly Stampy!!

TheBrownBear
11-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Play JP against bottomfeeders->mediocre and Trent vs contenders? I know that sounds insane and would never happen in reality, but I honestly think it would give us the best chance.

Elminster
11-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Play JP against bottomfeeders->mediocre and Trent vs contenders? I know that sounds insane and would never happen in reality, but I honestly think it would give us the best chance.
I think letting our O play football and not making asanine play-calls on key third downs is the best way to go regardless of the QB. Really though, I don't think we've beaten a contender. Baltimore doesn't look like it counts....

SquishDaFish
11-04-2007, 04:35 PM
You know as long as we have the coaches play AGRESSIVE on the O and not laid back. No matter who the QB is we have a shot at winning PERIOD! But if we play laid back no matter who the QB is we wont be competitive!

Billz_fan
11-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I think he starts again next week. I really think thats how this is gonna go, you perform well and win and you keep playing.

Mr. Cynical
11-04-2007, 04:59 PM
If he did win the job back because of this performance, Dick is even more of a moron than I thought.

We know what JP can do and it isn't enough to take us to the next level. Get TE on the field and let's keep moving forward, not sideways.

Mr. Cynical
11-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Honestly I'm torn, but he probably earned another game. Losing his job looks like it light a fire under him, and I'll take the chance that the light may be finally turning on. But he gets a short leash. Today was no test at all, but he did do pretty well. He did what he's always done ... beat up weaklings. Nothing new today.

Thing is, this is the exact same thing that happened with Holcomb and it got us nowhere.

chubluv
11-04-2007, 05:11 PM
I know it has been said already in the thread, but JP needs to show up against better defensive teams. If he has a good game against Miami & he gets the start against NE we will see what he is made of.

HHURRICANE
11-04-2007, 05:23 PM

YES!! They will not bench him after today.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Nothing he could have possibly done on a TEAM THAT CAME INTO THIS GAME 2-5 WITH A SIEVE FOR A DEFENSE, FOLKS, could have convinced me he's ready to start for this team again.

Now, that being said, next week comes the lose-lose New England fix, so the basic logic is you put the quarterback in that you DON'T want to start the rest of the year so he can make a fool of himself and lose the job.

Oaf
11-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Exactly Bomber. This is the best the O has looked all year. JP was a big part of that even that haters have to admit that.

You'd be surprised with posters like TD and Cynical. Evans saved his day, poor defense, kicking FGs, blah blah blah.

Whereas Edwards would get the ball at the other 37, get 6 yards and kick the FG, look at our avg starting field position today and look at the long drives JP engineered to get us down to the 10 consistently. Blaming poor red zone execution solely on the QB is ridiculous.

SquishDaFish
11-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Exactly OAf

Meathead
11-04-2007, 06:09 PM
yeah it was against a pretty crap ass defense but jp did everything today

- bombs
- short passes
- checkdowns
- got rid of the ball quickly
- third down conversions
- moved the chains
- managed the game
- ran for key first downs

he did everything edwards could do plus a few things edwards cant

hey edwards is probably the future starter for this team but right now he cant compete with the total package jp brings

let jp play out the year. then look to move him next fall for an early round pick. the better he does the higher the trade return. then you have savior boy with a solid year of getting acclimated to the pro game ready to rock

great game to be at btw very entertaining

shelby
11-04-2007, 06:10 PM
He played well, and probably should get his job back. However, Dick Jauron made a point of saying Trent Edwards had won the starting job before the Baltimore game without the "this week" qualifier. So there is a matter of Jauron having to swallow his pride as well as Wilson's opinion in the background. I will guess that Losman did enough to overcome those two factors, but it's difficult to say for certain.

i agree, Tiger. i think it would be difficult for Jauron to reneg on Edwards as his starter once Edwards is healthy enough to play.
i agree with John Doe, though....some continuity would be a very good thing for this offense right now.
i like the fact that JP had plenty of time today. He had good protection. i also liked that he was able to scramble. He had a good game, and i'm glad for him.

Now, that being said, next week comes the lose-lose New England fix, so the basic logic is you put the quarterback in that you DON'T want to start the rest of the year so he can make a fool of himself and lose the job.
i thought it's :squish: next?

Captain gameboy
11-04-2007, 06:35 PM
I thought it was interesting that nearly every throw he made in the first half was outside.

Watching on TV, it is difficult to say whether that was intended or what the Bengals were giving him, but every single throw was to the sideline.

What I liked, was that he moves, which Edwards has not, and that he eventually started hitting inside routes, like that perfect third down slant pass prior to Marshawn's TD run.
They also seemed to get a note that a tight end is a pass receiver.

Anyway, nice game JP.
I think he gets the Miami start. He has had good success against them.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-04-2007, 06:47 PM
i thought it's :squish: next?

You're right, my bad, NE's in 2 weeks. NE, of course, has yet another bye week on the week before facing Buffalo (how many years in a row is this now?), and why am I not surprised about that?

Losman should get on a nice roll next week.

BAM
11-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Yes he did. Should've never lost it in the first place. He's got a chance to keep the job now and I think he'll play on fire and do just that the rest of the season as we continue on this WINNING STREAK next week at Miami. JP!!!!

:bf1:

Mitchy moo
11-04-2007, 07:33 PM
:gobills:

Don't Panic
11-04-2007, 08:27 PM
If Jauron is consistent with his rationale for starting Edwards before, then he will start Losman the next game:

The Bills are on a roll and you do not want to mess with the continuity of the QB position, particularly after a very good game like Losman just had.

I agree... hot hand starts. If JP is mediocre next week, then it's a debate. Until then, how are you going to put him back on the bench? This is why Jauron went too far when he named Trent the starter. All he had to say was "I'm staying with the hot hand" and he wouldn't have a plate of crow in front of him right now.

TigerJ
11-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Jauron can probably still play the injury card next week. I suspect Edwards may be able to start practicing some this week, but if he's a little tender, they can choose to start Losman because he's completely healthy. Buffalo should beat Miami regardless of who starts at QB. The New England game is a different story. Of course, the NFL gave NE the bye week after their big Indianapolis game, to avoid the trap of a let down. New England will be rested and loaded for bear. I'm hoping that Buffalo can do something of an Indianapolis imitation on defense and that Buffalo has a little offensive momentum going into the New England game, but realistically, about the best I can hope for is that the Bills don't embarrass themselves.

Oaf
11-04-2007, 10:30 PM
He has had good success against them.

This is true. He has been known to rock them and should continue that next week. :up:

Meathead
11-05-2007, 08:14 AM
:lolpoint: haters

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 08:36 AM
I don't remember Jauron going to US Government and making it a law that Edwards is the starter no matter what?

I think he was as commital as "he's the starter for now."

The hot hand prevails. Assuming JP plays well against Miami, and we win, than I would say it's moronic to pull him.

I'll make this easy for everyone in regards to this week. Trent didn't even dress on Sunday so he's not going to see the field anyway so save the drama for the Pats.

mush69
11-05-2007, 08:44 AM
I see JP starting again against Miami, Edwards hand and wrist should get another week of rest. If in fact, the hand is still a little tender he will have to handle the very first thing that happens every offensive play, the snap! If Edwards is still sore this will only prolong his return to a healthy condition.

JP did a fine job yesterday of managing the offense, I kept a close eye on one thing JP seemed to be better at when he dropped back. His foot work has improved some and he looked like he threw the ball with balance. The line did a good job of giving him time. It was afterall the Bengals who don't have much of a pass rush.

RedEyE
11-05-2007, 08:50 AM
This will be interesting to see how this plays out as Jauron could have painted himself into a corner.

I imagine that Edwards wrist is far from healthy as he was a scratch on Sunday and not just sidelined due to the injury. It's also a tricky injury for a QB that you really don't want to rush them back from without absolute assurance.

Here's the thing though: Losman proved to me yet again that his best play comes when he plays angry. When he has a chip on his shoulder. I hate to say it but he needs the competition to keep driving this train. I don't know how long Jauron can carry this out before it grows incredibly old and Losman just grows complacent with the "controversy", but hopefully his confidence finally sets in and he realizes that he can take this team to the next level.

On the dark side of this moon, Edwards confidence could be incredibly rattled if he looses the starting job to Losman after only a few starts. And not bad starts at that. He might not have had a 300 yard game, but Edwards has played well and has also won games. Think about the Holcomb-Losman-Mularkey debacle 2 years ago. This has the makings of some severe ugliness.

I'm glad I'm not in Dick's place on this one. He might use the injury card again this week, but he's going to have to make a decision again next week.

mybills
11-05-2007, 08:53 AM
I'll predict he starts for MIA and NE. I also think TE's not the one to go with against NE. This team seems to have more spirit/fire with JP at the helm. Makes me think they all want TE to take more time studying NFL plays, before he gets more on field time. If that's the case, I agree.

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 08:55 AM
This will be interesting to see how this plays out as Jauron could have painted himself into a corner.

I imagine that Edwards wrist is far from healthy as he was a scratch on Sunday and not just sidelined due to the injury. It's also a tricky injury for a QB that you really don't want to rush them back from without absolute assurance.

Here's the thing though: Losman proved to me yet again that his best play comes when he plays angry. When he has a chip on his shoulder. I hate to say it but he needs the competition to keep driving this train. I don't know how long Jauron can carry this out before it grows incredibly old and Losman just grows complacent with the "controversy", but hopefully hisconfidence finally sets in and he realizes that he can take this team to the next level.

On the dark side of this moon, Edwards confidence could be incredibly rattled if he looses the starting job to Losman after only a few starts. Think about the Holcomb-Losman-Mularkey debacle 2 years ago.

I'm glad I'm not in Dick's place on this one. He might use the injury card again this week, but he's going to have to make a decision again next week.

I just don't see a contoversy here. Edwards seeemed pretty matter-of-factly about everything and understands the drill. He's a rookie and has admitted as much. He wasn't expecting to play this year so it was a bonus that he got some playing time.

Holcomb wanted to start and was a true "cancer". Edwards is a very confident guy that I'm sure is more than willing to let this play out. He's hurt and if JP continues to play at a high level I highly doubt that edwards is going to do any *****ing.

Jauron has done a very good job with this and I just see people making too big a deal about it.

mybills
11-05-2007, 08:58 AM
JP wasn't *****ing about Edwards starting, either. We have a bunch of classy guys on this team! :up:

Mahdi
11-05-2007, 09:02 AM
If he did win the job back because of this performance, Dick is even more of a moron than I thought.

We know what JP can do and it isn't enough to take us to the next level. Get TE on the field and let's keep moving forward, not sideways.
So what is it that Edwards showed you against the sieve of a defense that the Jets have that convinces you? Edwards can manage a game, has great poise and is very accurate, granted. But I have yet to see him make a throw that made me say "wow". Jp made several of those throws yesterday, gunning passes over the middle 15-20 yards downfield, throwing slants between defenders, and great touch on deep passes as usual. JP is much more talented than Edwards.

RedEyE
11-05-2007, 09:09 AM
I just don't see a contoversy here. Edwards seeemed pretty matter-of-factly about everything and understands the drill. He's a rookie and has admitted as much. He wasn't expecting to play this year so it was a bonus that he got some playing time.

Holcomb wanted to start and was a true "cancer". Edwards is a very confident guy that I'm sure is more than willing to let this play out. He's hurt and if JP continues to play at a high level I highly doubt that edwards is going to do any *****ing.

Jauron has done a very good job with this and I just see people making too big a deal about it.

I ammended my first post that might clarify a few points, but honestly there is a possibility of issue here. Edwards has played well and has won games. How do you bench a guy for that? He's done what has been asked of him. And you're right, he's a rookie still learning the game, so what kind of message does that send when you put the guy on the bench for success.

It's really funny to me because some of you have such selective memories as 90% of you were calling for Losman's head 2 weeks ago. He helps win a game after playing one of the worst defenses in the league and now Losman is the second coming of Jim Kelly again.

Keep in mind none of this has sat well with Losman. Evans has also been most vocal about the issue. There is an issue that no one can just simply write off here.

colin
11-05-2007, 10:08 AM
i feel the same way i did about losman before -- he wow's us against the crap D's and plays badly against the good ones.

he can make big deep plays, that's never even been close to being in question. problem is he holds the ball to long and still makes some horrible decisions.

i'd like him to prove me wrong, but the good game he had against a bad D hasn't swayed me yet for him to be our long term guy.

i'd start him next week tho, we have a lot of rooks in the backfield and going with the hot hand is fine.

for the record i'm not totally sold on edwards (although he gets a high grade as a rook) and i think as fans we are bit too involved with these qb controversies. KC, clevland, oakland, and other teams have reason to have contraversy but simply go with who they think is best.

notice how when ever we have an injury our qb play improves? this is a result of competition

BillsFever21
11-05-2007, 10:42 PM

Trent can't even beat up on weaklings so what is your point? Three points against the Jets and Losman had to come in and save the day.

The Losman lead offense has scored 43 points in the last 5 quarters. The Edwards's lead offense scored 49 points in 5 games. E'nuff said.

This game looked like last year with Losman slinging the ball around to Lee Evans and putting up points. A far cry from Edwards' and his 5 yard dumpoffs and 3 points a game.

Oaf
11-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Indeed. We may need a return of the JPD. :club:

Philagape
11-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Trent can't even beat up on weaklings so what is your point? Three points against the Jets and Losman had to come in and save the day.

The Losman lead offense has scored 43 points in the last 5 quarters. The Edwards's lead offense scored 49 points in 5 games. E'nuff said.

This game looked like last year with Losman slinging the ball around to Lee Evans and putting up points. A far cry from Edwards' and his 5 yard dumpoffs and 3 points a game.

You're obviously not interested in having an intelligent conversation in any way related to reality.

Trent CAN'T? He DID. His first Jets game -- the first start of his career -- was very similar to JP's against Cincy, except JP got the benefit of two TD drives that were ALL Lynch. And if you want to talk about 3-point games, JP gave us one against Pittsburgh after just 7 the previous week. He's good at those too. Three of JP's last four starts are single-digit offense games. Trent's done better than that. (And if you say Pittsburgh has a great D, then doing well against Cincy means jack squat because they have no D. JP's career MO -- slinging to Evans against cream puffs.)
I guess JP made those two Cincy defenders whiff on Lynch in the backfield just like he magically made the Jets DBs run into each other on Evans' TD last week. EVANS saved the day by saving a JP pick.
If you think Trent's done nothing but "5-yard dumpoffs," which JP's had lots of too, you just have not been watching the games.

"E'nuff said" is the JP-blowing simple-minded answer.

BillsFever21
11-06-2007, 01:50 AM
You're obviously not interested in having an intelligent conversation in any way related to reality.

Trent CAN'T? He DID. His first Jets game -- the first start of his career -- was very similar to JP's against Cincy, except JP got the benefit of two TD drives that were ALL Lynch. And if you want to talk about 3-point games, JP gave us one against Pittsburgh after just 7 the previous week. He's good at those too. Three of JP's last four starts are single-digit offense games. Trent's done better than that. (And if you say Pittsburgh has a great D, then doing well against Cincy means jack squat because they have no D. JP's career MO -- slinging to Evans against cream puffs.)
I guess JP made those two Cincy defenders whiff on Lynch in the backfield just like he magically made the Jets DBs run into each other on Evans' TD last week. EVANS saved the day by saving a JP pick.
If you think Trent's done nothing but "5-yard dumpoffs," which JP's had lots of too, you just have not been watching the games.

"E'nuff said" is the JP-blowing simple-minded answer.

Wow. His first start? What has happened the next 4 games after that? When Lynch had that long run we were winning. That sealed the deal. Lynch wouldn't have been able to have that long run if it wasn't for JP converting the 3rd and 7 right before that. Do you remeber what Trent has done ALL season in that same situation.

1st Jets game - We had about 3 different drives in which the offense could've sealed the deal but went 3 and out in all of them.

Cowboys - INT

Ravens - A couple chances to seal the deal but had 3 and outs in all of them.

2nd Jets game - Didn't have the chance because JP had to seal the deal with an 85 yard TD pass.

We scored 17 points against the Jets and 33 against the Bengals. Lynch had a great game because we were able to make big plays and soften up the defense. It goes hand in hand. We had almost 500 yards against the Bengals and 302 against the Jets.

I just love these excuses. You must really hate to see Losman tear it up. There isn't many similarites between them games at all. Our offense was far more explosive yesterday then any game Edwards has played in.

Also Lynch's numbers look good because of the long run. It happens many times a big run happens. The defense was soften up and stacked against the run. You break a tackle or two and your gone. For the most part of the game our running game wasn't doing a whole lot and Losman kept our offense moving. To use that as an excuses is pathetic.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Wow. His first start? What has happened the next 4 games after that? When Lynch had that long run we were winning. That sealed the deal. Lynch wouldn't have been able to have that long run if it wasn't for JP converting the 3rd and 7 right before that. Do you remeber what Trent has done ALL season in that same situation.

1st Jets game - We had about 3 different drives in which the offense could've sealed the deal but went 3 and out in all of them.

Cowboys - INT

2nd Jets game - Didn't have the chance because JP had to seal the deal with an 85 yard TD pass.

We scored 17 points against the Jets and 33 against the Bengals. Lynch had a great game because we were able to make big plays and soften up the defense. It goes hand in hand. We had almost 500 yards against the Bengals and 302 against the Jets.

I just love these excuses. You must really hate to see Losman tear it up. There isn't many similarites between them games at all. Our offense was far more explosive yesterday then any game Edwards has played in.

Also Lynch's numbers look good because of the long run. It happens many times a big run happens. The defense was soften up and stacked against the run. You break a tackle or two and your gone. For the most part of the game our running game wasn't doing a whole lot and Losman kept our offense moving. To use that as an excuses is pathetic.

Consistent / accurate throws allow your team to win in the long run. JP plays great at home against teams with losing records. He's improved to 9-19 as a starter, so I wouldn't call into play track records. TE is 3-1 as a starter and 3-2 overall, so keep all that in mind. When the game is on the line 9-19 as a starter means that their was some type of problem along the way.

SquishDaFish
11-06-2007, 06:33 AM
So its all JPs fault Skooby? What about the conservative coaching??

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 06:40 AM
So its all JPs fault Skooby? What about the conservative coaching??

No it's not all JP's fault but making the throws you are asked to make would help. Between JP & Willis we went off the field way too fast and left our D on the field way too much, a recipe for disaster.

ML will help us stay on the field longer and TE will pass us on the field longer, a recipe for victory.

mybills
11-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Jauron can probably still play the injury card next week. I suspect Edwards may be able to start practicing some this week, but if he's a little tender, they can choose to start Losman because he's completely healthy.
I still suspect he wasn't even injured. Gut feeling tells me they were saving face by having JP finish the Jets off, after having benched him for being injured. Yes, I said it. For being injured. That's what it boiled down to.

SquishDaFish
11-06-2007, 06:53 AM
How is TE considered like he is the greatest already???

mybills
11-06-2007, 06:56 AM
I have no idea. He wasn't named the starter until that game, and look what happened.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 06:58 AM
I have no idea. He wasn't named the starter until that game, and look what happened.

He sprained his wrist and stayed in the game to try & help the team win??

SquishDaFish
11-06-2007, 07:32 AM
So now hes the best option because Dick had him start?? Dont you think maybe the coaches wanted to light a fire under JPs ass?

Jeff1220
11-06-2007, 07:38 AM
I don't see how JP won't start. It was very apparent, beyond his own play, that the team responded well to his being in there. I like Edwards as a possibility for the future, but right now he reminds me of another manager-type rookie starter from the recent past - Kyle Orton.

mybills
11-06-2007, 07:41 AM
He sprained his wrist and stayed in the game to try & help the team win??
You're assuming it's true. If it is true, he said he doesn't even know when it happened. It could've happened on his 2nd to the last play, and if that's the case should you praise him for staying in for 1 play? Or just give him credit? I'd give him credit if I really believed he was hurt. I'm still doubting that because he never even held his wrist at any point in the game. If it's hurt, you usually grab/hold it at some point.

Praise deserving is more like Travis Henry playing on his broken leg! :up:

Philagape
11-06-2007, 07:51 AM

Cowboys - INT

Funny thing about that 3rd-and-7 pass ... it was the ONLY pass JP threw on TWO of the TD drives. One drive was six Lynch runs in as row followed by Lynch's TD pass. JP did a great job of handing off on that drive, let's give him the credit for it! And that short slant on third down was the only pass on that drive. It was a Trent-like pass ... oh wait, Trent NEVER converts third downs, right? Of all things to bring up in defense of JP, you bring up 3-AND-OUTS???? :rofl:
The defense was softened up because for the first time in God knows how long, the JP offense led in TOP. Trent's already done it several times. It took playing the Buff State Bengals at home for JP to do it. In terms of keeping the offense moving, JP still has a ways to go to catch up with Trent in doing that.

The ONLY time JP has moved the ball this year is against the pathetic Bengals at home! Does quality of opponent mean anything to you? It doesn't matter to you at all that there was zero pass rush (unlike the Jets) and our receivers were constantly wide open (unlike the Jets)? YOU could have done what JP did! It was a glorified practice. It's nothing to sit back and have everything virtually handed to you. It's nothing but JP worship to be impressed by that. It's nothing but JP worship to give him the credit for a 49-yard punt that Evans turned from a pick into an 85-yard TD. It's nothing but JP worship to point out only the other guy's mistakes, lie about them being "all season" (ONE PER GAME), and ignore that he's proven he can do everything JP has done. He can make the same throws. Has he done it every game in every situation? No. He's inconsistent. Just like JP.
What's pathetic is the kind of bonehead Madden thinking that glorifies JP because of ONE GAME at home against the Buff State Bengals defense. It took a pathetic opponent and losing his job for JP to finally look like a competent QB for the first time since December. It takes pretty biased thinking to think that makes him the final answer at QB. Good thing we're at Miami next ... it's the opponent in JP's last previous good game before Buff State.

mybills
11-06-2007, 07:57 AM

Jan Reimers
11-06-2007, 08:01 AM
I think JP's big arm and mobility give us the best chance of winning - and the ONLY chance of beating New England, as remote as that possibility might be.

But I think the coaching staff is enamored of Edwards' poise and control - despite his lack of productivity - and will reinstall him at QB as soon as his wrist is healed.

Patti120
11-06-2007, 08:39 AM
:deadhorse [

Mahdi
11-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Funny thing about that 3rd-and-7 pass ... it was the ONLY pass JP threw on TWO of the TD drives. One drive was six Lynch runs in as row followed by Lynch's TD pass. JP did a great job of handing off on that drive, let's give him the credit for it! And that short slant on third down was the only pass on that drive. It was a Trent-like pass ... oh wait, Trent NEVER converts third downs, right? Of all things to bring up in defense of JP, you bring up 3-AND-OUTS???? :rofl:
The defense was softened up because for the first time in God knows how long, the JP offense led in TOP. Trent's already done it several times. It took playing the Buff State Bengals at home for JP to do it. In terms of keeping the offense moving, JP still has a ways to go to catch up with Trent in doing that.

The ONLY time JP has moved the ball this year is against the pathetic Bengals at home! Does quality of opponent mean anything to you? It doesn't matter to you at all that there was zero pass rush (unlike the Jets) and our receivers were constantly wide open (unlike the Jets)? YOU could have done what JP did! It was a glorified practice. It's nothing to sit back and have everything virtually handed to you. It's nothing but JP worship to be impressed by that. It's nothing but JP worship to give him the credit for a 49-yard punt that Evans turned from a pick into an 85-yard TD. It's nothing but JP worship to point out only the other guy's mistakes, lie about them being "all season" (ONE PER GAME), and ignore that he's proven he can do everything JP has done. He can make the same throws. Has he done it every game in every situation? No. He's inconsistent. Just like JP.
What's pathetic is the kind of bonehead Madden thinking that glorifies JP because of ONE GAME at home against the Buff State Bengals defense. It took a pathetic opponent and losing his job for JP to finally look like a competent QB for the first time since December. It takes pretty biased thinking to think that makes him the final answer at QB. Good thing we're at Miami next ... it's the opponent in JP's last previous good game before Buff State.
What I look at is not the quality of the opponent or the quality of the players around JP. What convinces me that we should stay with JP is the quality of his throws. The darts he was throwing 15-30 yards downfield to Evans on a rope and in stride are the toughest throws to make in football and he made them look easy. Edwards does not have that ability and it will always cause our offense to be less explosive with him behind center. It will also allow defenses to creep up to the LOS since they know that most of our plays will be in the 10 yard range when Trent is in there. Notice how after JP hit them with a couple big plays the LBs backed off and played honest. Thats what we have been needing in order to cut Lynch loose. JP and Lynch are complimentary and they need eachother.

acehole
11-06-2007, 08:57 AM
hahaha

..what a waste. Man o man these ideas have to go through a taffy puller to make any kind of sense. Your boy beat the jets and he was being compared to Joe Montanna.

TREND EDWARDS man crush continues!

Night Train
11-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Let's see.

Losman has been back in for roughly 6 quarters and we've scored 43 points in that stretch.

Quick. Let's fix it.

Philagape
11-06-2007, 10:38 AM
What I look at is not the quality of the opponent or the quality of the players around JP. What convinces me that we should stay with JP is the quality of his throws. The darts he was throwing 15-30 yards downfield to Evans on a rope and in stride are the toughest throws to make in football and he made them look easy. Edwards does not have that ability and it will always cause our offense to be less explosive with him behind center. It will also allow defenses to creep up to the LOS since they know that most of our plays will be in the 10 yard range when Trent is in there.

Not true. Trent has attempted 24 passes in the 10-to-30 range and has hit 16 of them (67 percent). The Cincy game brought JP up to 9-for-15 in that range (60 percent). And last year JP was 42 percent. The medium passes are exactly what Trent did better than JP when he came in. It's a strength of his.
And considering that Cincy was crowding the line all day and single covering receivers including Evans, they didn't fear JP at all. Lynch had to break many tackles for his yards. Credit to JP for making them pay, like he should have.

Philagape
11-06-2007, 10:39 AM
hahaha

..what a waste. Man o man these ideas have to go through a taffy puller to make any kind of sense. Your boy beat the jets and he was being compared to Joe Montanna.

TREND EDWARDS man crush continues!

Do you have any intelligent response? Or the least bit substantial? Or something that's not a bald-faced lie?

You know, some people are so blown away by one incredibly easy game that they're forgetting about the big picture which clearly shows this is not a settled issue. Use your brains, people.

Oaf
11-06-2007, 11:59 AM
What's pathetic is the kind of bonehead Madden thinking that glorifies JP because of ONE GAME at home against the Buff State Bengals defense.

What's pathetic is you did the same thing for Edwards after the first Jets home game.

JP against Bengals > Edwards against Jets

Philagape
11-06-2007, 12:11 PM
What's pathetic is you did the same thing for Edwards after the first Jets home game.

JP against Bengals > Edwards against Jets

I would expect a 4-year veteran to be better than a rookie. That's like saying a ****** is smarter than a 6-year-old.

But they're still neck-and-neck. They've each had a good game at home against a weak opponent. The difference between JP's game and Edwards' game is JP had more yards because of more aggressive play calling. That's it. The more points were because of Lynch, and because the Bengals were worse.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I would expect a 4-year veteran to be better than a rookie. That's like saying a ****** is smarter than a 6-year-old. The rookie excuse. :snicker: Yeah he's a rookie which is why he doesn't give us the best chance to win NOW. Next excuse

But they're still neck-and-neck. .
ONly Trent fans think that.

John Doe
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM

Right on target.

I think that Edwards and Losman actually get along quite well and are willing to help each other out - it was reported as such when Edwards was named the starter.

Edwards seems to be a "team first" guy and is not going to make waves. A few players have voiced their support of Losman, but even Evans had positive things to say about Edwards when he was starting. There really is not a locker room divide and the team will play hard no matter who is named the starter even if they have a personal preference.

The Bills players are too busy trying to win games than getting caught up in a QB controversy.

acehole
11-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Do you have any intelligent response? Or the least bit substantial? Or something that's not a bald-faced lie?

You know, some people are so blown away by one incredibly easy game that they're forgetting about the big picture which clearly shows this is not a settled issue. Use your brains, people.

The response was perfect! You all were prasing Trend Edwards for beating the jets and now JP beats the bengals and it is a weak opponent??? Be consistant and maybe you will have more respect. JP does NOT have a long way to go to be like Trend Edwards in any facet of the game...get over youself and this stupid arguement.

Philagape
11-06-2007, 09:23 PM
The response was perfect! You all were prasing Trend Edwards for beating the jets and now JP beats the bengals and it is a weak opponent???

They both performed well. They both had weak opponents. Those two factors being more or less equal, it's more impressive when a rookie does it in the first start of his career. From JP it should be expected. That explains the tone of each reaction. Plus, JP has a history that puts it in context.