PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

chernobylwraiths
11-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Will the better play by the team and the fact that they keep winning save the jobs of the coaches? And is that a good thing?

Personally I want the team to win, but I don't have confidence in this coaching staff.

:feedback:

Typ0
11-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I do have confidence in the coaching staff the only alternative is another medicore staff and passing the buck. We need continuity there and we aren't going to go out and pay top dollar for coaches. The biggest mistake these guys have made is letting the team vote for the captain.

Luisito23
11-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Fairchild is the one that needs to go first...

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Ed
11-04-2007, 04:11 PM
I do have confidence in the coaching staff the only alternative is another medicore staff and passing the buck. We need continuity there and we aren't going to go out and pay top dollar for coaches. The biggest mistake these guys have made is letting the team vote for the captain.
Why is letting the team vote for the captain a mistake? Have you ever played sports before? Who should pick?

Typ0
11-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Why is letting the team vote for the captain a mistake? Have you ever played sports before? Who should pick?

the coaches should pick because when they rightly benched JP it was a stab in the back to all the players. Had they not been empowered to make that choice the situation would be different.

TheBrownBear
11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Good thing. The coaches are solid and are getting our players to play to their potential. We've been snakebitten by injuries and we are two fluke plays away from 6-2.

I have questioned the coaches at times - even called for their heads after 0-3 - but I really like the direction we are heading. The next few weeks will be telling. Will we continue to roll or will we fall out of contention?

realdealryan
11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
the coaches should pick because when they rightly benched JP it was a stab in the back to all the players. Had they not been empowered to make that choice the situation would be different.

If they think JP is their leader, it won't matter whether or not he has a "C" on his jersey. If he sucks, they will still have to bench him.

YardRat
11-04-2007, 04:16 PM
The more we win, the more I like the coaching staff. Everyone makes mistakes, and the coaches aren't immune from that, but considering how this season has gone so far I don't understand some of the criticism leveled at them.

Damn...We're 4-4 and appear to at least be headed in some positive direction.

YardRat
11-04-2007, 04:17 PM
If they think JP is their leader, it won't matter whether or not he has a "C" on his jersey. If he sucks, they will still have to bench him.

Good post. I'd have thanked you, but it appears to be missing.

Nevermind...it's back :D

Ed
11-04-2007, 04:18 PM
So if the coaches had picked before the season, you're telling me they wouldn't have picked JP? They would have picked Edwards??? WHY?

Novacane
11-04-2007, 04:19 PM
It's a good thing. Our play calling sucks at times but this staff must be doing something right. A lot of teams woulda quit after our poor start + all the injuries.

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2007, 04:21 PM
It's a good thing. Our play calling sucks at times but this staff must be doing something right. A lot of teams woulda quit after our poor start + all the injuries.

Not to mention the heartbreaking loss to Dallas, followed by 3 wins.

Poorly coached teams wouldn't bounce back from a loss like that.

TheBrownBear
11-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Not to mention the heartbreaking loss to Dallas, followed by 3 wins.

Poorly coached teams wouldn't bounce back from a loss like that.

Exactly, these players really compete for Dick. He may drive us nuts at times but his staff is strong.

John Doe
11-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Winning is always a good thing, particularly for a young team.

YardRat
11-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Exactly, these players really compete for Dick.

That just sounds so wrong. He really should be referred to as DJ in some instances. :D

MTBillsFan
11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Jauron gets this team to work hard and not give up!

Oaf
11-04-2007, 05:44 PM

BS. How can they appoint someone a leader without the followers approval?

chernobylwraiths
11-04-2007, 06:15 PM
I kind of figured this would happen. Four wins, three against some of the worst teams in the league. Two losses on the last play of the game and at LEAST one and probably both directly attributed to BAD coaching decisions.

Personally, I think it is a bad thing because we SHOULD win at least two more against poor Miami teams. With some of the crap teams we play against the rest of the season, we could be 8 and 8. This IS a mediocre coaching staff and that isn't good enough. I'm not sure they will pay for a better coach (Schottenheimer) either, but that is what I want.

Dr. Lecter
11-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Winning is never bad. Never. Never. Never.

Before we blame the coaches for the losses, maybe the team was in position to win due to the coaches.

How can winning be bad? Maybe if the team wins, the coaches deserve some confidence.

Mad Bomber
11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Will the better play by the team and the fact that they keep winning save the jobs of the coaches? And is that a good thing?

Personally I want the team to win, but I don't have confidence in this coaching staff.

:feedback: No. I would much rather have us be 0-8. That would ge rid of the coaching staff. :rolleyes:

Cntrygal
11-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Winning is GREAT. Losing is BAD.

Somehow, our team AND coaches need to figure out that the nail biting games are not the way to go. KILL the other team.. run up the score (multiple offensive TD's in each game would be a nice start).

jmb1099
11-04-2007, 06:45 PM
If we continue to win games then we keep the coaching staff we have. I am not a fan of fairchild, but he seems to be growing into his position. The oline still irritates me as far as run blocking is concerned so Mcnally is not high on my list.

TheBrownBear
11-04-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm only down for dumping these coaches if we can bring in someone who is legitimately known to be an upgrade. For instance, a Schottenheimer or Tuna type. I don't want to sack a decent coaching staff for some up and coming assistant (i.e., Jim Mora Jr., Gregg Williams, Mularkey, etc.) with no head coaching experience. Save the on the job training for scrub franchises like Arizona and Miami.

Mitchy moo
11-04-2007, 07:37 PM
:gobills:

HHURRICANE
11-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Dumb thread.

The Bills are playing hard without alot of talent. Coaches get credit for that.

We lost to the Steelers, Pats, Cowboys and Denver.

What are we *****ing about? Seriously.

Losman played well so he gets to keep playing.

End of discussion.

chernobylwraiths
11-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Where's Op when you need him?

:D

Don't Panic
11-04-2007, 08:30 PM
My feeling is that given the way we've responded to some pretty adverse situations this year, Jauron gets another year. Fewell is a no-brainer... as far as Fairchild, I don't know... I'd like to think that he's figuring it out as he goes (he is a first year coordinator). Today was a marked improvement. Let's revisit this question in 4 weeks.

Typ0
11-05-2007, 10:06 AM

the difference lies in who made the choice (and this answers the other responses to this idea in this thread). If the coaches had made the choice they would be better positioned to make the change because it would have no reflection on the choice the players made it would only reflect on their own choice. Hence, the coaches would be the ones taking the heat and the pressure off in this case not building pressure and uncertainity between the coaching staff and the players.

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Wanting the team to lose so the coaches can be replaced is just as stupid as wanting them to lose so JP will be replaced as starter.

chernobylwraiths
11-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Wanting the team to lose so the coaches can be replaced is just as stupid as wanting them to lose so JP will be replaced as starter.

Try not to read into things.

Michael82
11-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Personally, I am starting to come around to Dick Jauron. He's not a bad coach, sure Steve Fairchild still sucks ass...but Dick Jauron has done a very good job preparing this team each week. They always play hard until the end of the game and are motivated, even when they were struggling. They also are very disciplined. We went from having a bunch of penalties in the first week and now we seem to hardly take none. I'm also impressed with Perry Fewell, he started out trying to get the young defense to gell, but now he is getting them to play harder and better and is willing to change things around. :up:

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Yeah, these guys are real prepared. Anybody want to change their thoughts?

Don't Panic
12-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm good... the Fairchild situation took care of itself. Jauron can stay on my good side if he gets a good replacement in here.

Cntrygal
12-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah, these guys are real prepared. Anybody want to change their thoughts?

Nah, I'll leave my post.