PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Wilson please extend JP and L Evans...

acehole
11-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Lets make a run in 2007-2008.

Confused
11-04-2007, 04:51 PM
im wit ya

Philagape
11-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Give them extensions when they do it against good teams. Nothing's changed.

Mr. Cynical
11-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Give them extensions when they do it against good teams. Nothing's changed.

..and do it consistently, as well as in clutch games.

colin
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
evans has had flashes, jp has had hints.

no way do you pay 7+ bucks for jp (which is what it will cost to extend him). jp is gonna have to be a very big part in a playoff win for us to extend him IMO.

Oaf
11-04-2007, 05:52 PM
If we drop one the Patriots, we'll be back to the same story of JP choking in "important" games.

Doesn't matter if he throws for 500 yards and 5 TDs next week against an "inferior" opponent with these jokers.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2007, 06:03 PM
If we drop one the Patriots, we'll be back to the same story of JP choking in "important" games.

Doesn't matter if he throws for 500 yards and 5 TDs next week against an "inferior" opponent with these jokers.

Losman is supposed to beat teams like New England with inferior talent around him. Didn't you guys know? Wins and losses rides solely on the QB position. :rolleyes:

SquishDaFish
11-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Hell yes do that

acehole
11-04-2007, 06:17 PM

Yea Payton manning just lost to the Pats..is he a choker....

Setting the bar high arent we...you boy beats the jets and he is compared to Montana ans if JP doent beat an undefeated NE he is a choker?

Man o man you guys are bad.

Crisis
11-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Edwards is a rookie and Losman is supposed to be playing like Manning right now. (or close to it based on the amount of time he's had)

What good teams has Losman beat as a Bill?

YardRat
11-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Losman is supposed to beat teams like New England with inferior talent around him. Didn't you guys know? Wins and losses rides solely on the QB position. :rolleyes:

If you're going to shell out 7mil-plus per year for a QB, he sure as hell better be a bigger contributor than he is a detractor.

Lexwhat
11-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Yea Payton manning just lost to the Pats..is he a choker....

Setting the bar high arent we...you boy beats the jets and he is compared to Montana ans if JP doent beat an undefeated NE he is a choker?

Man o man you guys are bad.

I dont know where you are getting all that from? Trent compared to Montana??

Anyways, assuming JP keeps playing, I expect him to win at Miami and lose to NE...

I think his test against "quality" opponents will be the 2 games after that (@ Jacksonville, and @ Washington). If JP can't get it done those 2 games, IMO he doesn't deserve an extension and his career with the Bills will be over.

I think that's pretty fair?

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2007, 06:54 PM
No rush. JP is under contract next year, and Evans is locked up until 2009, I think.

BAM
11-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Sounds good to me. Extend!

Oaf
11-04-2007, 10:32 PM
What if he splits the next four? Losses to NE and Jax OR Skins and wins agains Fins and the other one. I say he holds on to it, but I'll bet Ralph says otherwise.

Wys Guy
11-04-2007, 11:56 PM

I'll step out here and suggest that everyone that's "pro Losman" now will want him replaced by week 17. People are way overreacting to this single game. Pennington pitched a better game vs. Cincy than Losman did, in Cincy even, yet their fans want Clemens.

Wys Guy
11-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Sounds good to me. Extend!

What makes you guys think that Evans would extend here?

Seriously.

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 12:00 AM
If you're going to shell out 7mil-plus per year for a QB, he sure as hell better be a bigger contributor than he is a detractor.

We shelled out a lot of money for Tripplett and he isn't a bigger contributor than detractor. Ditto for L. Walker.

You're fighting an uphill battle with the Bills personnel office, eh.

B-DON
11-05-2007, 03:02 AM
We shelled out a lot of money for Tripplett and he isn't a bigger contributor than detractor. Ditto for L. Walker.

You're fighting an uphill battle with the Bills personnel office, eh.

The real uphill battle is reading your posts or so called articles you write

acehole
11-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Thanks but why are these wins upto JP again?

I dont know where you are getting all that from? Trent compared to Montana??

Anyways, assuming JP keeps playing, I expect him to win at Miami and lose to NE...

I think his test against "quality" opponents will be the 2 games after that (@ Jacksonville, and @ Washington). If JP can't get it done those 2 games, IMO he doesn't deserve an extension and his career with the Bills will be over.

I think that's pretty fair?

acehole
11-05-2007, 07:09 AM
What makes you guys think that Evans would extend here?

Seriously.

Show me the money....and show love to JP....and he stAYS

Mahdi
11-05-2007, 07:58 AM
I think if JP can do what Romo has done for Dallas then he gets extended..... He doesnt have to win the Superbowl or even get us to the playoffs this year, but just give us consistency at the QB position would be enough while continuing to make plays like he has the last 2 weeks. He showed some great accuracy, poise and never got happy feet in the pocket. I actually believe that Losman learned something from watching Edwards. However Edwards just doesnt have his talent. JP might have just stolen Edwards qualities over the last 3 weeks.

Lexwhat
11-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks but why are these wins upto JP again?

Well, I didn't mean to imply that it is ONLY up to JP... I just think that JP himself needs to play like a 4th year quarterback...

Let me give you an example. I am not trying to be nit-picky, but that interception JP threw against the Bengals was plain ugly. It was something I would've expected from Trent Edwards (or any rookie for that matter). Even as the ball left his hand, most of us knew it wasn't a good decision...

For the Jaguars and Redskins - If the O-Line is giving him time and Marshawn is picking up yardage, then JP absolutely needs to put points on the board and not throw bad interceptions.

If JP fails to sustain drives and doesn't make basic throws, then we might as well put Trent back in the lineup and forget about JP ... As a 4th-year QB, JP needs to beat good teams and consistently win on the road.

Now, if we could only do something about Steve Fairchild...

acehole
11-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Well, I didn't mean to imply that it is ONLY up to JP... I just think that JP himself needs to play like a 4th year quarterback...

Let me give you an example. I am not trying to be nit-picky, but that interception JP threw against the Bengals was plain ugly. It was something I would've expected from Trent Edwards (or any rookie for that matter). Even as the ball left his hand, most of us knew it wasn't a good decision...

For the Jaguars and Redskins - If the O-Line is giving him time and Marshawn is picking up yardage, then JP absolutely needs to put points on the board and not throw bad interceptions.

If JP fails to sustain drives and doesn't make basic throws, then we might as well put Trent back in the lineup and forget about JP ... As a 4th-year QB, JP needs to beat good teams and consistently win on the road.

Now, if we could only do something about Steve Fairchild...

Philagape
11-06-2007, 11:03 AM
or even get us to the playoffs this year

The way the defense and Lynch are playing, and with the conference as weak as it is after the top 3 or 4, I think it's reasonable to ask for that goal.