PDA

View Full Version : Very, Very Intereting Article

gr8slayer
11-04-2007, 06:15 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7343980

It's already starting to happen. A little-publicized fact is that the Colts and the Patriots — the league's model franchises — are two of the whitest teams in the NFL. If you count rookie receiver Anthony Gonzalez, the Colts opened the season with an NFL-high 24 white players on their 53-man roster. Toss in linebacker Naivote Taulawakeiaho "Freddie" Keiaho and 47 percent of Tony Dungy's defending Super Bowl-champion roster is non-African-American. Bill Belichick's Patriots are nearly as white, boasting a 23-man non-African-American roster, counting linebacker Tiaina "Junior" Seau and backup quarterback Matt Gutierrez.

I also heard on ESPN Radio that the Colts and Patriots have the most players of any teams in the league with college degrees. The Bengals have the least number of players with degrees, any coincidence that they also have the most arrests of any team? I think not.

GO GET A DEGREE!
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7343980

MTBillsFan
11-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Very interesting!

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2007, 06:59 PM
That's precisely why we need to keep Losman and edwards...

RockStar36
11-04-2007, 07:00 PM
LOL.

Side note...I went to a friend's house today and he is a HUGE Bengals fan and I pretty much made fun of him all day today during the game about how the whole team was out on work release.

shelby
11-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Moved to the NFL forum.

Interesting article....i guess some players feel they'll be making so much money in the NFL that an actual education isn't important.

Mike13
11-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Moved to the NFL forum.

Interesting article....i guess some players feel they'll be making so much money in the NFL that an actual education isn't important.

Alot of players pursue their degrees after they retire.

Others go into broadcasting.

DynaPaul
11-05-2007, 08:41 AM
The entire Pats O-line is white.

Gunzlingr
11-05-2007, 11:29 AM
If 47% is non African American, that means 53% are. Big deal, looks like the media is trying to stir something up.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Does anyone care?

The goal is to create a winning team, not a winning white team or a winning black team. Players of both races have proven they can succeed in the league, and players of both races have proven they can fail miserably in the league.

In reality, it's hard to fill positions in the NFL. Look at the number of positions where the Bills have sucked for years, despite numerous attempts to find replacements. It's impossible for a team to say "we need a good receiving TE and he has to be white" or "White people are too slow, let's get some black DT's in here." They have to take the best available player and any team that gets picky about race is going to lose because they're limiting their own options.

So the "whiter" teams are winning NOW- that hasn't been the case in the past and it won't necessarily be the case in the future. And certainly black players are HUGE contributors to those teams despite haivng more white players than the average NFL team. The media just has to find a race issue every time black people and white people are involved in something together. I guarantee no one on either one of those teams gives a **** about the skin color of their teammates as long as they're winning.

Personally, though, I'm offended that they counted someone named "Gonzalez" as white. Didn't they read Mein Kampf?

DISCLAIMER: that last part was a joke. If you're offended, too bad.